cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus gl502vs 147t black screen random at startup

griven
Level 7
Hello to all
when you turn on the PC the first time the screen does not light, even the bios of the screen, the PC but it works, the lights, the LEDs are turned on, the sounds you hear ... if I try to press the screen remains black keys, the only way is through the button to send it in suspension: at this point the screen reappears and everything works perfectly.the problem appears by only the first time that turn on the pC if I try to restart or to turn on and off the pC subsequently not happen nothing works .if relight the pC after 7 hours 6 the screen stays black and I have to send him to the suspension to turn the screen.
I have the 'latest version of Windows 10 (Windows 10 Creators) and the 378.92 drivers
PC is a asus rog gl502vs 147t with 1070 gtx
pc is the two weeks, the first week this problem had not ... I do not know whether it is a software or hardware problem
someone can help me ??
7 REPLIES 7

griven
Level 7
nobody?

Hi, i have the exact same problem.
Only the first time i turn it on, the screen is only Black, it seams the computer starts up normal - but only with Black screen.

When i press power off button, the laptop shut Down, when i then press it Again, it is in Windows 10 Lock on screen in 3 sekunds....

My bios is 301, Windows 10 home, Gl502VS Windows 100% updated, nvidia 384.76 driver.

Eny surggestions ? did you find a soluion to yours ?

Did you recently install windows 10 creator's update?

Try to go into your BIOS and disable SMART and see if works this way.

yes my windows is updated to 1703 (creator) but it came this way..... (bougt it 5 days ago).....

Disable SMART does not change the symptom.....

Today i tryed connecting a external monitor to the gl502vs HDMI output, and while booting up the laptop today, the external monitor displayed everything normal and working perfect, the laptop monitor was still black on this first boot up, until i asked windows to reboot (visual on external monitor) then everything worked well on laptop allso after my reboot.......

Has anyone anything I can do ?

Video of the problem. (from yestoday - no external monitor hooked up)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynAw35Qy0Dg

I think i finally findout why that happens. When you close the lid, Windows goes to sleep mode. If you have the wireless mouse dongle attached to a laptop already and you accidentally move it or click any button it makes Windows to wake up. But you will not realize this when you put the laptop to a bag for instance or go avay from it. After couple of minutes Windows go to sleep mode again but the system remembers that the lid was closed. When you open the lid the next time Windows send the video signal to an external HDMI port. So you have to make Windows to switch the display device (in Windows 10 click to Notification center - Switch display (or so, coz I have win10 in other language)).
I was being turning off the laptop about 50 times by long pushing to power button before finally get an answer why that happens. No any keyboard shortcuts does not (FN+F8, FN+F1 etc) And I have to tell that this type turning off may affect to a harddrive or SSD. And I really wary about my SSD.
All I mean - just turn off you wireless mouse or take of a dongle before closing the lid.
Update: Connection another monitor via HDMI cable helps often. But If the monitor switching feature is in "Computer scrteen only" position (the option on top of others) screen will not turn on even if you will attache an HDMI cable to a laptop.

my laptop is gl503vd