cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear CMOS

lcbbcl
Level 7
Hello,
All my previous motherboards din't had a problem using clear CMOS jumper or button.
On my CH6 i press clear CMOS the lights go off,but when i power the pc and i enter bios i have the same settings,just my date its resetting to 01/01/2011
dosen't matter what i set,voltage,ram speed,cpu ration,disable logo....everything remain the same after a clear CMOS.
i might be a noob compared to others but pressing a button its not so hard.
its my CH6 faulty?
21 REPLIES 21

Praz
Level 13
lcbbcl wrote:
Hello,
All my previous motherboards din't had a problem using clear CMOS jumper or button.
On my CH6 i press clear CMOS the lights go off,but when i power the pc and i enter bios i have the same settings,just my date its resetting to 01/01/2011
dosen't matter what i set,voltage,ram speed,cpu ration,disable logo....everything remain the same after a clear CMOS.
i might be a noob compared to others but pressing a button its not so hard.
its my CH6 faulty?

Hello

The part highlighted indicates the issue. When clearing the BIOS the board should not have any power going to it. This has always been the case for all platforms.

Praz wrote:
Hello

The part highlighted indicates the issue. When clearing the BIOS the board should not have any power going to it. This has always been the case for all platforms.

Wait, you guys pull the power before using the CMOS reset switch on this board?

I was a Toshiba repair tech for years, so I'm intimately familiar with the BIOS shorting that you're referring too, but I assure you that it's not necessary for a CMOS reset on this board. If you shut down in windows, and once its shut down, reach around and hold down that CMOS button, it cuts power to the board and all LEDs go out. When you release it, the board LEDs come back on, and if you hit power it'll post with default BIOS settings.

Not having to mess with pulling batteries, moving jumpers around, or frequently disconnecting the power cable, are one of my favorite aspects of this rig. I've never been able to do this much over-clock testing while never absolutely NEEDing to open the case or mess with it's power before.

lcbbcl
Level 7
you mean by power unplug the PSU?when i try to reset the pc its shut down,just the fancy RGB lights are working(allways are on) and in that moment every light present will go off
i will unplug my PSU and i will try in that way.
thanks
PS:so i unplug the cable from my PSU,after 2 3 sec all the light went off,i press the clear CMOS and it din't clear the bios

lcbbcl
Level 7
bump
someone can give me a clue?if its motherboard or its bios fault because its still young and with bugs?

Raja
Level 13
Might be worth stating which UEFI version you're using and if you've tried the latest betas.

lcbbcl
Level 7
now im using 0082,the same is with 0083.
till my last post i manage to reset bios using clear cmos in a "strange" way..if i press quick(i mean very quick) its working,if i press lets say more then 1 sec it will reset just my date
don't know if was a lucky moment,or if its the way to be

Raja
Level 13
List all the components you have connected to the board, please. I ask because I'm wondering if there is a foreign DC source present when CMOS is cleared.

lcbbcl
Level 7
CPU Ryzen 1700x
RAM 32 GB g skill
HDD 1 SSD 850 evo samsung
1 WD 750GB
GPU Radeon Fury x
SOUND Creative SoundBlaster Z
Collermaster Masterliquid pro 280
2 aditional fans
PSU Corsair HX850W
Usb Keyboard
mice logitech g502
razer nostromo

lcbbcl
Level 7
raja in bios -advance - rog effects if i disable onboard led after i save and exit bios my rgb leds are still on
its that normal?
i do have the feelings that bios in some way ignore my changes