cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird line on my screen.

ChikoDc
Level 7
Hi, when I start my computer for the first time I got this weird line on my screen and after this if I have to restart my PC I get theese lines again.

I change my display port for DVI-D and I have the same problem.
I try on another screen : same
I try another video card : same
I try on the second PCI slot : same
I try on the board video card : I got no problem.
I try on another electrical outlet with my 1080 & the other video card after : same problem.

I have the problem since I did the last Microsoft Update (Creator) and the last update of my bios.

I dont know wich one did it or what did it.

Everything on my PC is at stock clock.

Any body know whats happen ? Is it normal ?

------------------------------->
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero Z270
CPU: Intel(R) Core i7 7700k
CPU COOLER: Corsair H115
Memory: Corsair 32Gig 3200Mhz
Hard Drive: 2x EVO 850 500Gig-RAID-0
Video Card: Asus Strix 1080 OC
PSU: EVGA 850 P2 Titanium
Monitor: Asus VG248QE
-------------------------------|>

Here is a YouTube link where I upload some video capture I got you let you see what happen and I add you a picture as a attachments to see the line on the first boot of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cudt5NVco

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

ChikoDc
Level 7
To let you know.

I just try to roll back to the 0801 version of the BIOS and same problem.

Chino wrote:
Try reinstalling Windows.

Perfect I will try probably this week-end.

Thanks.

I use to get something similar only after updating to creator update but I haven't seen it in awhile. You say you don't get it with onboard gpu and it doesn't happen so it tells you it is related to something around external gpu but believe you-me, it's not our hardware, our sheet is just too fast for windows to process. They added game mode with this update to increase minimum frames per second for low-end video hardware, can you disable your onboard video in BIOS and see if thats a workaround? I don't worry about it as I know it's within windows and not my hardware.

If that doesn't work try turning off gamebar and game mode in windows and see if that works.

Nvidia has a hot fix driver for this issue

It is caused by Windows Creators update and Nvidia 381.65 driver not working together.

chevell65
Level 12
You need to uninstall the graphics driver, reboot then reinstall driver. I had NVidia related error message etc. after Creators update, reinstalling 381.65 solved all issues.

Hi,

I'm not sure if you have resolved your problem. This exact line happened on my monitor while booting up as well. I first came on this forum to find a solution to my disappearing HDD problem and unfortunately till date, it remains intermittent. I posted my problem as well if you are interested.

The reason for bringing my my unresolved problem in this thread is because I realised that each time this line appears on my screen, my boot will halt at the spinning orbs (sometimes for up to 10 min), and the next time it boots to windows, my HDD will disappear, ie, this weird line occurs when my HDD disappears.*

Do you have any issues with your HDD?*

*Edit. I found a solution that has worked so far. Solved both of my issues (weird line disappeared and HDD stopped disappearing). I hope this helps:

1. I followed what chevell65 and LauNL advised above and also read from another forum that the latest GeForce updates may cause conflict with the latest Windows 10 Creators Updates. I downloaded the latest firmware from GeForce's website (note, not through GeForce Experience). Then I uninstalled my existing GeForce driver, rebooted and manually installed my GeForce drivers.

2. I also read that the improper installation of my RAMs may have caused this issue. I attempted to re-seat my RAMs (2 x 8GB) and true enough, one of them was not seating as firmly as the other.

It has been almost a week since I tried these and the line has disappeared. I hope this will help you too.

Good luck.