cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PC turns on when the monitor but it is not signale - z270i

angcimino
Level 7
New PC turns on when the HDMI cable is connected to the monitor but it is not signaled.

I just finished building my computer but is no signal going to the monitor. Everything is pluged in and I tryied both the GPU and the motherboard plugs.

- MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z270i Gaming
- CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K
- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 4000MHZ F4-4000C18D-16GTZR 2x8GB
- GPU: Asus ROG GeForce GTX 1080 Strix 08G Gaming
- M.2 SSD: HyperX Predator SHPM2280P2/240G 2X240GB
- PSU: Seasonic Serie Platinum SS-760XP2 760 Watt

I need you to help me solve the problems and thank you.
13 REPLIES 13

FuryA
Level 8
hi angcimino

please try to clr CMOS and install Single channel for booting
make sure can boot then update BIOS , try it to solve

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi angcimino

please try to clr CMOS and install Single channel for booting
make sure can boot then update BIOS , try it to solve

Sorry, I did clr CMOS but I did not understand what I need to install the single channel for booting?

You explain me okay?

angcimino wrote:
Sorry, I did clr CMOS but I did not understand what I need to install the single channel for booting?

You explain me okay?

hi a
just want to make sure the Mem is compatible

From Tuesday this week I started to have the same problem. Never happened before. I did not change any settings in BIOS, neither in windows.

After I turn off the computer via the standard Windows function in Start menu, the PC turns off.

Next time when I want to start the PC again, I touch the standard button and both my monitors turn on, but no signal message on both of them.

In this state when I restart the computer via the restart swich button (keyboard still does not work for CTRL+ALT+DELETE), the computer next time starts normally.

The Q-Code is 40 when the PC is in the "no signal" state. The users manual does not contain this code description.

I have Maximus IX Code with BIOS 0801 (I did not flashed the newest 0906 after I saw here, that it has so many problems). I use Windows 10 x64 updated to the latest, but the upgrade was on the last week, so I do not think that it can cause it.

chevell65
Level 12
Have you tied shutting down system, disconnect power, drain power via start button, then disconnect cables, remove and reseat the GPU, try starting up again with only single monitor connected, see if you can get into or install windows.

chevell65 wrote:
Have you tied shutting down system, disconnect power, drain power via start button, then disconnect cables, remove and reseat the GPU, try starting up again with only single monitor connected, see if you can get into or install windows.

I tried to format C and reinstall the windows, also tried to reset bios and tried with one monitor as well, and I tried also to cut off the electrical power. These did not help. Did not try to remove and reseat the GPU...

Therefore I do not think, that this is VGA related, because for 2 months I did not have any problems.

chevell65 wrote:

sounds very similar to problems i was having with the same board , reseating the cpu fixed all these problems. i also cleared cmos by shorting the two wires.

corsair h 110i may of been pushing too hard on the cpu ?? just a thought .

Yesterday I received my new VGA, an Asus ROG 1080Ti OC, but it is happenins with it as well.

I reseated the CPU, reset the bios again, same result.... I really do not know, what can cause this.

Would be nice to have an answer from an Asus member, what the mentioned q-code means.