cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Release Notes

Dazdigo
Level 7
Does anyone know where the BIOS release notes are? I can't find them anywhere on the website and only see a few posts with them in it.
6 REPLIES 6

sphinx64
Level 7
Dazdigo wrote:
Does anyone know where the BIOS release notes are? I can't find them anywhere on the website and only see a few posts with them in it.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread

The 'official' release notes for BIOS updates is 'Improve system stability'... But it would be really nice if they could detail what they really did.... What did you fix? What might have broken? What remains known and open? But that would make sense.

I have to admit - I've always been a big Asus fan - in about 20 years, I've never had ANY issues with Asus boards... until THIS one... (OTOH, any time I tried 'some other board', I ALWAYS had issues).. If it wasn't for the fact that unless I missed something, this is the ONLY X370 board that fits my desires (USB port Qty, NO onboard HDMI/DisplayPort/Other Video capability), I might have taken a chance an jumped ship on this one.... But I have not seen any other X370 board that did not have HDMI and/or DisplayPort onboard. Waste of real estate on a X370 board (How many people are likely to be using an APU on a X370 chipset????). Give more USB ports instead of HDMI/DisplayPort.

You've built great boards for many years Asus.... I don't know what your issue is now, but GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.

SubnetMask wrote:
You've built great boards for many years Asus.... I don't know what your issue is now, but GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.

I feel like it's more about working out how to function with Ryzen than it is an ASUS issue.

BaneSilvermoon wrote:
I feel like it's more about working out how to function with Ryzen than it is an ASUS issue.

In some/most cases, I would agree - however, with my issue in particular (Non-functioning USB 3.1 ports), I doubt it's a Ryzen issue. My calls into support have gotten nowhere and no one has any idea why I'm now on board three with USB 3.1 ports that don't work.

SubnetMask wrote:
The 'official' release notes for BIOS updates is 'Improve system stability'... But it would be really nice if they could detail what they really did.... What did you fix? What might have broken? What remains known and open? But that would make sense.

I have to admit - I've always been a big Asus fan - in about 20 years, I've never had ANY issues with Asus boards... until THIS one... (OTOH, any time I tried 'some other board', I ALWAYS had issues).. If it wasn't for the fact that unless I missed something, this is the ONLY X370 board that fits my desires (USB port Qty, NO onboard HDMI/DisplayPort/Other Video capability), I might have taken a chance an jumped ship on this one.... But I have not seen any other X370 board that did not have HDMI and/or DisplayPort onboard. Waste of real estate on a X370 board (How many people are likely to be using an APU on a X370 chipset????). Give more USB ports instead of HDMI/DisplayPort.

Back in 2011, when Sandy Bridge was released all OEM had a severe trouble with a hardware bug on the sata controller, so Intel give them a new controller and selled it with revision B3. I tell you this story because when a new architecture is released could happen everything. Just give some time to Asus for learn how Ryzen work and to AMD for optimize it.

Eleiyas
Level 10