cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Code - MoBo believes somehting is wrong with DRAM

BlueV
Level 7
Hey!

I have an Asus ROG Maximus Code IX and it's been working perfectly, but I have a peculiar issue.
There is a yellow LED on the MoBo that will light up when something is wrong the DRAM (memory), yet I have had no issues. The yellow light is not static either and will basically blink like an HDD-light. I have had no stability problems, all temps/performances are wonderful and I have triple checked that nothing is bothering the RAM/seating.

After some testing, I still have no idea what might be the problem.
I have tested through stability tests, Windows Memory Tool, BIOS and regular use. Nothing reports that anything is wrong. The issue only occurs when I get past BIOS and into Windows. When I'm in BIOS there are no lights.

CPU: 7700k
RAM: Corsair Vengeace RGB 2x8 3000mhz
MoBo: Maximus IX CODE
6 REPLIES 6

Chino
Level 15
Perhaps you're confusing the HDD activity LED with the DRAM QLED. The DRAM QLED flashes briefly when your turn on your system. If there was a problem with your RAM, the DRAM QLED would remain lit and your system wouldn't post. 😛

Nate152
This little yellow/orange LED flashes like a busy hdd for me too, maybe it's a normal thing with the Code ?

Like BlueV I'm not experiencing any problems.

Interesting! It would be rather peculiar if it's actually an HDD-led since the manual says there are no onboard LED's of that type. Glad to know others are experiencing similar issues, though.

CODE_MAXIMUS
Level 11
BlueV wrote:
The issue only occurs when I get past BIOS and into Windows. When I'm in BIOS there are no lights.

Does this LED also blink while you are in windows as well or just blink between posting and windows loading only?

CODE MAXIMUS wrote:
Does this LED also blink while you are in windows as well or just blink between posting and windows loading only?

After I get past post/BIOS and see the Windows-logo it starts blinking. Then it keeps blinking as long as the computer is in Windows. It doesn't have any set pattern og predictability. It basically behaves just like an HDD-light.

BlueV wrote:
After I get past post/BIOS and see the Windows-logo it starts blinking. Then it keeps blinking as long as the computer is in Windows. It doesn't have any set pattern og predictability. It basically behaves just like an HDD-light.

I can confirm it is HDD activity, I have my HDD activity LED for my case connected to the Q-panel and it synchronizes with that LED behind the USB 3.0 header. Now I have done my good deed of the day it is now officially beer time. Nothing wrong with your RAM.