cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 week old g20cb graphic issues nvidia gtx 1070

Supraboosta
Level 7
Hello all! I just purchased a asus g20cb desktop and have been loving it. Unfortunate I am having serious issues. I was playing battlegrounds *when the pc crashed to a grey screen. After a reboot, I had a lot of artifacts onscreen and my gpu will not enable in device manager (code 43). I am shocked that one crash has resulted in what seems gpu failure.

When the game crashed, I heard fans spin up to what seemed max rpm for 30 seconds. I was monitoring gpu temps which were at 79 deg c, so I do not believe heat is the issue. As it is new I am considering RMAing it out for repairs. I have tried several driver versions as well as a clean install of windows 10 with no change.

Asus g20cb
Nvidia GeForce gtx 1070
17-6700@3.4ghz
16gb ram (8x2)
Win 10 64 bit

any input in the issue would be appreciated. I am no guru, but I strongly believe this is hardware related. As to not void the manafacturers warranty, I do not want to open the case to inspect.
Here is a vid of the artifacts
*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YOceLMZ8WA
4 REPLIES 4

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Supraboosta wrote:
Hello all! I just purchased a asus g20cb desktop and have been loving it. Unfortunate I am having serious issues. I was playing battlegrounds *when the pc crashed to a grey screen. After a reboot, I had a lot of artifacts onscreen and my gpu will not enable in device manager (code 43). I am shocked that one crash has resulted in what seems gpu failure.

When the game crashed, I heard fans spin up to what seemed max rpm for 30 seconds. I was monitoring gpu temps which were at 79 deg c, so I do not believe heat is the issue. As it is new I am considering RMAing it out for repairs. I have tried several driver versions as well as a clean install of windows 10 with no change.

Asus g20cb
Nvidia GeForce gtx 1070
17-6700@3.4ghz
16gb ram (8x2)
Win 10 64 bit

any input in the issue would be appreciated. I am no guru, but I strongly believe this is hardware related. As to not void the manafacturers warranty, I do not want to open the case to inspect.
Here is a vid of the artifacts
*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YOceLMZ8WA

If only 3 weeks old, attempt to contact the retailer for a replacement unit.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Luckily the retailer is shipping me another one. It was 10 days past their return policy but they were awesome. I did want to know the issue because I spent 20 hours it seems trying to diagnose it. Hopefully I have better luck with this ine

Supraboosta wrote:
Luckily the retailer is shipping me another one. It was 10 days past their return policy but they were awesome. I did want to know the issue because I spent 20 hours it seems trying to diagnose it. Hopefully I have better luck with this ine

Hard to say. Maybe a bad VRM spiked voltage and damaged something; maybe a weak trace is cracked after a few thermal cycles. Could be a million different things.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

ottoyu34
Level 9
That's so odd, looks like the GPU fail completely