New ROGer Array

1080 TI OC Fans dont slow down

I got today a asus 1080 TI OC, and i have the problem that when the fans spin up thy never spin down again until i turn off the computer. I tried the Asus Tweak utility and msi afterbrner, but nothing really worked. I am using windows 10 and the latest nvidia driver. Anyonehere knows a solution? It's really annopying...

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Hey richi4711, welcome to the ROG Forums!

A little bit more info would be helpful here...
    How you get the fans to speed up in the first place? Adjusting something in GPU Tweak or Afterburner? Or by just starting program (a game for example)?
    While you had the GPU Tweak or Afterburner, how the temps were looking like?

Basically there are 2 ways to adjust fan speed in those applications... 1. you can adjust manually or 2. setup a fan curve
    If you adjusted manually, they will speed up and stay there... a fan curve will cause speed up by increase in temperature, and slow down when temp is going down...

New ROGer Array

Hello Zkal,

thank you for your repsonse, in the meantime i set up a complete new Windows 10 x64 and its a bit better now, but it still has the same problems. Its now a bit better that the fans dont spin up when i am just in my normal desktop envoiremnet.

At the moment i am using Asus GPU Tweak II in Gaming Mode and 0db Fan.

I tried following scenarios:

Temperature is now 32°C
    I turn off 0dB FAN and it seems the fans spin up to full speed
    i turn on 0dB Fan again and the fans dont spin down again
    doesnt matter what i do, only turning off the pc (no power) resets the fan speed
    interesting here is that GPU Tweak II - section GPU Fan Speed, RPM shows 0, but the fans a re running full speed (according to the noise)

Temperature is now 32°C
    Starting a game (Mass Effect Andromeda)
    GPU moves to 60°C, FANS seem to start into full speed again
    I quit the game, temperature wents down, but not the fans
    again only turning off the computer (power off) resets the fans
    again no indication of GPU Tweak that the fans are running

i tried to set the fan curve, but this scenario didnt change anything (i used the default setup here, where the fans should sping up at 56°C)

No idea what i should do now

New ROGer Array

i did a setup now with my own profile to adjust a new fan curve in GPU Tweak II, so that fan spins up at 65°C. This setuo worked after a test, but the fan never went to 0 agein, and right now i am at 34°C. The GPU Fan Speed,RPM and GPU Fan Speed % showing 0