CPU CoolerCorsair H110i
    CaseObsidian 900D
    Power SupplyAX 1500
    Keyboard Roccat Talk FX
    Mouse Roccat Nyth
    Headset Roccat XTD Analog 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro

jbasemoine

P.s. you said something about graphics subsystem load, which i don't really understand, can you perhaps explain it better/in easier context :P ?
    Just launching games It was stable on desktop. Diablo 3 have simple graphics, Elite Dangereous, however, is counting planet surfaces using complex shaders. 390X have higher temp, than in 3DMark during the game. By the way! maybe, it was sound system load too. My ZxR connection is not typical indeed - optics & DTS connect. Was trying to receive DTS from m\b, but no success...

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by dAlexis View Post
    Have you AURA on? If Yes, may you try to switch it off in BIOS? Mine switched off by itself...
    I have uninstalled aura, and have no other led software running.
    LED's are off in bios (no disco in my pc case at the moment :S) and i must admit sound is running a BIT better, i have lesser sound problems (popping).
    Though the issue still remains, it is less!
    Just played total war: warhammer and there is a HUGE difference in the frequency the popping noise occurs, whit all led's off it way less no every hour i have 6 to 8 popping sounds, normally i stopped counting after 15 minutes :S making me almost enjoy the game again!
    While watching a movie it's a freaking BLAST now! only had 2 popping sounds during a 120 minute movie, but like i said it's sill there.
    Recently i own a headset (g933 from logitech) and while playing a game or watching a movie with this headset through the logitech software (using the headset wireless) there are no sound issues!
    While plugin in the headphone with a 3.5 mm jack directly in my sound blaster z No sound issues, BUT i must admit while i use the headphone directly through my sound blaster Z DTS is disable and sound switch from speaker to headphone (in creative software).
    I still get e-mails from creative (opend a ticket regarding this issue) and like i said in previous post, creative is fully inspecting this isseu i have sent them multiple files (which they asked about) currently i'm making a recording where the "popping" sound is being heard so that creative have a better understanding of the sound it makes but should not make.
    This evening i received my 7th mail from creative with even more follow up questions so that they can pinpoint the problem even better as far as i know, they found something and trying/working on a new update that should fix this issue.
    Still even with the support from creative i'm not 100% sure it is only creative software related specially since i notice less issue's with the led's of my mobo off.

ROG Member Array

8000 hitchen

Hi Asus team,

Still no update from you RE: IOMMU issues and PCI-e passthrough for virtualization concerns.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

-J.

ROG Member Array

Bios 9945 - no improvement. Any update forthcoming? Could really use an update on the concerns I have posted RE: IOMMU, (PCI-e passthrough), PCI-e negotiation, etc.

ROG Member Array

Never been able to use DTS sound

He only reason I got this board over other options because it had supposed better bios and sound system capabilities.
    That being said I also have windows 10 creators installed and so, never been able to output douby DTS.
    Now, microsoft has released an update ( KB4020102 ) to correct the encoding issue but I am still unable to make use of DTS, even after uninstalling and reinstalling the latest audio drivers provided by asus.

Any tips ?

ROG Member Array Oromit PC Specs
    Oromit PC Specs
    MotherboardCROSSHAIR VI HERO
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen R7 1800X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GVK 32GB DDR4-3200 CL14
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG GTX1060 OC 6GB
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe
    Storage #22x Toshiba P300 2TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseFractal Design Define R5
    Power SupplySeasonic P-760 Platinum
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Sennheiser PC 333D
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

My Silverstone USB3.0 expansion card does not work if I plug it into the PCIe slots supplied from the X370.
    It works perfectly fine when plugged into the second CPU-backed PCIe slot, but degrades my GPU to x8, so that's not acceptable.
    Shows up in Windows as "Device could not be started (Code 10)" when in a Chipset-Slot.

ROG Member Array

Fan Headers completely power off - 1201 BIOS.

My other fans are on Fan Controllers, so only the pump for my Corsair H110 is on the motherboard.

I started with it on the AIO pump header, and noticed that it had stopped when i saw my temps rising. Checked AIDA64 readouts and the RPM was 0.
    Rebooted the PC with no changes and it started working again. Next day, same thing.

I then switched it to the CPU Fan Header, and it was fine for about 12 hours, then 0 rpm again. This time I tried disconnecting it from the header and reconnecting it while the PC was still running, but it never powered up again until the system was rebooted.

I have only had the Motherboard running for 3 days and it has happened once every day. I have emailed ASUS Support about it and have moved the pump onto a Fan Controller to bypass the motherboard completely now, until they can resolve this. Luckily I have been at the PC each time it has happened and noticed it and was able to shutdown quickly.

UPDATE - I have tested now with just a case fan connected to the CPU Header. I have tried with QFan enabled and disabled in the BIOS and same issue. The fan will just stop after roughly 3 hours uptime the last few times, and on reboot, once the BIOS Post screen appears the fan starts up again.
    Last edited by MorganH76; 06-26-2017 at 04:08 AM.

ROG Member Array ressonantia PC Specs
    ressonantia PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen R5 1600X
    Memory (part number)G.skill Flare X 3200MHz 14-14-14-34
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
    CPU CoolerAlphacool Eisbaer 240

Can't overclock a 1600X without setting offset voltage

I'm not sure if this is inherently a CPU thing or a bios thing but setting a custom multiplier and then setting manual "Core voltage" locks the 1600X at a 22x multiplier regardless of what is selected. I've put in bug reports through ASUS, through the Google form thing on this site as well but no response so far.

ROG Enthusiast Array moshdaman PC Specs
    moshdaman PC Specs
    MotherboardCROSSHAIR VI HERO
    ProcessorR5-1600X
    Memory (part number)CMU16GX4M2C3000C15R
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 08G GTX1070
    MonitorAsus PG278QR 165HZ
    Storage #1Crucial MX300 525GB
    Storage #2Toshiba 2TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i V2
    CaseNZXT H440 2015
    Power SupplyEVGA 650W G2 80+
    Keyboard TopElek Mchanical Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Havit MS735
    Headset Corsair VOID RGB wireless
    Mouse Pad Razer Galiathus
    OS Win 10 pro

Quote Originally Posted by ressonantia View Post
    I'm not sure if this is inherently a CPU thing or a bios thing but setting a custom multiplier and then setting manual "Core voltage" locks the 1600X at a 22x multiplier regardless of what is selected. I've put in bug reports through ASUS, through the Google form thing on this site as well but no response so far.
    This happened to me with my 1600x on bios 1107 and 1201 had to revert to 1002 as my 4ghz OC works fine on that bios,

ROG Member Array Monochrome PC Specs
    Monochrome PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorR7 1800X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16Q-16GVKB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro Fury
    MonitorLG 34UC88
    CPU CoolerRaijintek Triton

Exclamation

1. On bios 1401 [on previous one 1201 as well] Before post I have text on screen that says "evaluation version". Small thing but annoying.
    2. Aura LEDs on mobo won't turn off after shutdown [and yes it is set to do it in bios].
    3. Sometimes I have crackling sound. It's rare issue for me but started recently.

Edit: @1 "evaluation copy"
    Last edited by Monochrome; 06-28-2017 at 01:45 PM. Reason: words

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast