cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Hero bug reports

elmor
Level 10
Hi guys, you can help improving the C6H by reporting your bugs using this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWovVLyETJTI4-6r0h5SDzj8muLTjAGfoszKqZoySBOb684w/viewform. Please only report verified and replicable bugs. If in doubt, you can ask here.
192 REPLIES 192

Raja
Level 13
Thanks, Jon.

Made sticky.

Would something like the wrong FanExpert tuning profiles be made by the BIOS? Arctic fans have 100% min fan speed for example.
Another software 'issue' is the EzUpdater sending notifications for older BIOS (because I use ones downloaded from forums - it should check build date perhaps?).

I have found the CPU Virtualization setting sometimes resets itself (however virtual machines will still *sometimes* work) however I'm yet to find what causes it.

I'm still having problems with sound card.
I recently (2 maybe 3 day's ago) preformed a reinstall of windows hoping i could tackle the problem but no luck so far, also i have reported this isseu with Creative support there investigating it as we speak, but as far as i can tell it's ryzen/ Crosshair VI motherboard related.
I use a Creative Z sound card, i used it in combination with a Logitech z906 speaker set for many years now, i have it hooked up with a SPDIF cable and i'm Always using DTS.
When i watch a movie or play games the following isseu's occure and it really is driving me crazy, these isseus started since i got my ryzen build.
I have tested the sound card the past week on 2 different systems extendedly the isseu only occours on my ryzen build!
The isseu's are as follow:

Dts/sound drops for no good reason, the dts light on the console of the speaker turns off indicating there is no sound being outputted and my speaker do not recieve any dts signal.
In windows under sound i see that there is no sound being output (no green bars going up and down), after this happens i open up the creative console "drivers/program" deselect DTS and re select it, after i reselect it the sound turn on again!

While gaming or watching movies i constantly hear a "poping" sound the best way (thoug it's a bit on accurate) to discribe it is like some one is pluggin in a microfone and you get the "Poping" sound (i really don't know how to better discribe the sound).
The frequentcy of this sounds divers every time, with one movie i watch (let's say 90 minute movie) it happens like every 3 minutes, with a other movie (same sound code etc..) of 90 minutes it happens every 2 seconds the firt 10 minutes then it stops for 20 minutes only to resume again for 15 minutes etc...
Some other video's are just unwatcheble, i need to reboot the pc in hope that after the reboot the video sounds works better.

Since ryzen i haven't enjoy a single of my favorite (chet baker :D) jazz songs/albums because of this isseu's the popping occure like every 1 to 2 seconds making music un playable.

While gaming the DTS signal drops the most (2 to 3 times a hour) with FPS game this is extremely annoyin not being able to hear the enemy or well any sound, i need to go back to windows (alt+tab) and like i said before unable and re enable dts, then sounds works again.
the popping sound also apears every +/- 2 minutes.

Like i said before i tested my sound card on 2 diffrent pc's on thos it works perfectly with no isseu's at all, i have reported this isseu to Creative as well, there investigating it, these problem did not occour with previous pc (amd 8350fx) most of my hardware are now being used in my ryzen build.
The main diffrence is motherboard, cpu and the drivers being installe in m2 ssd instead of normal ssd.
Hopefully anyone can fix this isseu!

Hello!

I get the following issue.

I tested the memories within the following frequencies 2666, 3000, 3200 and 3600 with Memtest and other application, everything was OK.
When I restart or Turn OFF the computer it boot OK, with the memory frequency set in BIOS(2666, 3000, 3200 or 3600).
If I unplugged the computer and putted back in, I get F9 CODE at first start. I must enter in BIOS and redo the settings.
This is happened with all bios version I tested.

Hello,

I'm having some weird sensor/fan issues. I'm running crypto coin mining software (when not using the GPUs for gaming or work) on two Titan X (Pascal) cards. There's a good air flow inside the case, the CPU is not loaded typically staying at around 36-40C. The CPU cooler is a Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 with 2 fans typically spinning at around 450-500 RPM on idle. There is one fan attached to CHA 2 and one to CHA 3 running at around 800-1000 RPM most of the time. There are other 2 fans that are not controlled by the motherboard.

On idle the system uses around 100W power. When I start mining, the GPUs generate constantly quite a bit of a heat for a total of 300-450W depending on the clock/power usage configuration I choose. They typically runs at about 74-80C.

I'm not running Fan Expert as I found all the Asus Suite software messing around with my BIOS settings adding quite a bit of a confusion. Fans are controlled by custom profiles through the BIOS.

Now the issue I have. I'm monitoring the fans and the temperatures with AIDA 64. After running the mining software for quite some time, either the chassis sensors or the CPU sensor starting to show weird data. The chassis fan either start to run to max at 1600 RPM or totally stop spinning. AIDA 64 is showing its speed as a constant value like it's stuck rather than fluctuating up and down. Occasionally the CPU start showing negative values of -74C and the CPU fan RPM goes down to 200 causing overheating and throttling. After a reboot everything goes back to normal.

Right now I'm running BIOS 0082 and I believe there were no issues with 1002 though I could be wrong as the issue is not easily reproducable but happens frequently enough to make troubles considering the system is running 24/7.

I found a bug in BIOS 1002.* I am using 5 GPUs in the system, which means I have to use 2 of the single lane slots.* The BIOS “Onboard Device Configuration” has an option for the PCIEx4 slot to be in X4 or X1 mode.* In X4 or Auto mode, the X1 slots are disabled, and in the X1 mode the X4 and 3 X1 slots are all in X1 mode.* This works great and I can get all slots working.* Problem is when I disconnect power, next power up, the GPUs in X1 slots are disabled.* I checked the BIOS and it indicates that it is still in X1 mode, but acting like it is in X4 mode. *If I change to X4 mode then boot and then change back to X1 mode, it works fine.* I have verified this twice.* So it looks like something is forgotten when power is removed.

If this has been addressed in a beta release, let me know and I will give it a try.

RueiKe wrote:
The BIOS “Onboard Device Configuration” has an option for the PCIEx4 slot to be in X4 or X1 mode.* In X4 or Auto mode, the X1 slots are disabled, and in the X1 mode the X4 and 3 X1 slots are all in X1 mode.* This works great and I can get all slots working.* Problem is when I disconnect power, next power up, the GPUs in X1 slots are disabled.* I checked the BIOS and it indicates that it is still in X1 mode, but acting like it is in X4 mode. *If I change to X4 mode then boot and then change back to X1 mode, it works fine.* I have verified this twice.* So it looks like something is forgotten when power is removed.

Still buggy with BIOS Version 3502.

Disconnecting power switches back to x4 behavior but still shows x1 in BIOS.
"Auto" seems to be always the same as x4.

I had to shutdown, switch to x4, reboot, then back to x1.
Not working with reboot instead of shutdown.
And it's reproducible.

Please fix this. It's annoying...

Best regards!

-------

Used cards in pcie slots :

$ lspci -D
0000:07:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: Adaptec Series 8 12G SAS/PCIe 3 (rev 01)
0000:08:00.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6315 Series Firewire Controller (rev 01)
0000:09:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
0000:0b:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK208 [GeForce GT 710B] (rev a1)
0000:0b:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GK208 HDMI/DP Audio Controller (rev a1)
0000:0c:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK208 [GeForce GT 710B] (rev a1)
0000:0c:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GK208 HDMI/DP Audio Controller (rev a1)

p7pr7 wrote:
Still buggy with BIOS Version 3502. ...

The situation is even worse than expected: i had to load "optimized defaults" in BIOS to get X1-Mode running. What a mess...

Edit: Nvm