Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    ROG Enthusiast Array

ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO BIOS #7306 causing SATA Devices randomly not shown, multiple restarts during restart/reset/power on and mouse/keyboard freezes while at BIOS.

Great Job "ASUS" ... this is soooooo premium and expensive hero-like !!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by 6kbyte; 08-17-2019 at 10:23 PM.

New ROGer Array J00ni3 PC Specs
    J00ni3 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X (Zen2)
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz (8GBx2) (Hynix AFR)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB
    Sound CardN/A
    MonitorLG 29" UltraWide
    Storage #1ADATA SU800 1TB (3D NAND TLC)
    Storage #2Toshiba 5TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H60 (Sandwich'd)
    CaseThermaltake Suppressor F31 (Window)
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750x
    Keyboard Gigabyte Cherry Red
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset ASTRO A50 (2017)
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Education 191H (1903)
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk R7000

Quote Originally Posted by 6kbyte View Post
    ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO BIOS #7306 causing SATA Devices randomly not shown, multiple restarts during restart/reset/power on and mouse/keyboard freezes while at BIOS.

Great Job "ASUS" ... this is soooooo premium and expensive hero-like !!!!!!!!!!!
    Can you try setting your PCIE version from AUTO to GEN3 instead? Looks like people who use either nvme or m.2 interface seems to have a lot of issues.

New ROGer Array

Just cold booted my pc and got an F9 error and not a c8 one, loaded into the safe mode BIOS and I could restart from the BIOS without any changes into Windows. It seems like that the cold boot bug is not fixed completely with the 7306 BIOS.

In the safe mode BIOS the ram speed was showing the stock speed of 2666 mhz but the manual set voltage was the same. I just checked the ram speed in Windows and it is 3800 mhz.
    Last edited by MeNot; 08-21-2019 at 12:58 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Good day,

Going from 7201 to 7403 caused sedutil Rescue and PBO images to fail booting. The issue is the kernel performs a NULL dereference at address 0x10 during ACPI processing, it happens right after discovering the two power buttons PWRB and PWRF and right before it should notify about HEST not being enabled. If that is of any interest, there is an error that "acpi_walk_namespace" failed out of "ibm:acpiphp_init", but that error is present during working and broken boot. The update was performed with EzFlash and tested with "optimized defaults" and the former custom settings from 7201. Is any further information needed?

Thank you for your support.

New ROGer Array

The SoC Voltage Control inside the Advanced > AMD Overclocking menu is broken and does nothing. Please fix it so it works just like the normal SoC Voltage control, so I can comfortably set all the relevant voltages in one menu tab.

Edit: with ryzen 3600 and bios 7403. And yes, I enabled the soc constant frequency settings right below it in the menu as well. Makes no difference.

Another thing is, I have to follow the following order, or else I lose 1k mb/s in memory read speed and 2ns in memory latency in aida64

Apply timings in bios, save and exit. Let pc boot into windows. Now I have to restart again, manually by going to restart in the windows explorer.

So I think there are some memory training issues going on. Like I said, I lose a significant portion of performance every time I do NOT restart after applying any bios change. This is also true for cold boots.
    Last edited by Lextra; 09-17-2019 at 04:28 AM.

New ROGer Array

Qcode 8 (Ryzen 3600 + 7403 Bios + Ballistix 3200mhz (but running default 2400mhz))

Happens with regular boot, restart or hibernate. Sometimes PC can get as far as Windows loading screen before Mobo freezes with 8 qcode error. Other times, even with the PSU off/on, the Mobo just shows 8 qcode as soon as you press power. Trust me, this isn't settings issue as going to optimized default/clearing CMOS does nothing to stop the 8 qcode. Tested every part with the replacement but CPU/Motherboard, but seeing many people with the same problem, I would say either it is a widespread defect or a BIOS issues.

PC boots no problem with the Safe Boot button. It is the only reason I still have use board, otherwise I would have RMA'ed it already.

New ROGer Array

Unhappy VI Extreme Fan problem

I do not find the VI Extreme Bug report thread, but since it's related to the Hero I'll post it here.

Specs: Ryzen 7 3700X, Crosshair VI Extreme Bios 7403, 32 GB ram (4x8GB), 1080 Ti, 6 fans in the case, including PC fans.,

Whetever I'm playing, browsing, or doing anything on my PC. EVERY single fan (except for the ones connected to the CPU_FAN and GPU) will stop spinning, and no matter what I do in Windows they can't resume working... I have to restart in order to make them work again.

The leds for the fans work fine, they don't stop working, only the fans stop spinning. I've tried reinstalling Windows, going into older bioses (I don't have anything installed from ASUS Software, asides for Aura to control the lighting). I have connected every single fan into a dedicated header (I'm not using splitters or fan hubs).

This issue happens pretty randomly, althrough very sporadically (1-2 times per Month), I've not been able to pinpoint which causes it.
    Last edited by WarHell; 09-24-2019 at 04:12 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array FoxTech PC Specs
    FoxTech PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800x @4,0Ghz
    Memory (part number)Dominator Platinum @3333Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1080 @2000Mhz-Boost clock 2138Mhz
    Sound CardSoundblaster Z
    MonitorSamsung 34"curved S34E790C
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro
    CPU CoolerCustom water cooled
    CaseThermaltake Core X9 (modified)
    Power Supplybe quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 850W
    Keyboard Steelseries Apex 500 Gaming
    Mouse ET-X08
    Headset HyperX Cloud Gaming
    Headset/Speakers Kingston Cloud Gaming B/W
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64

Switched to 7403 yesterday, now, the t1 Sensor stopped working.
    Now, I'm not sure, is this bios related or the sensor simply died?
    Anyone with the same problem?
    Greetings

New ROGer Array

I have problems with bclk overclocking on c6h + 3600x(7403, 0075, 7501). If bclk set more than 100, 3600x will stuck on 38.5x with 1.09v. No boost and no idle frequency reset. Anyone get such issue? Is there any workaround for this?

ROG Member Array

7501, missing almost all CBS settings in BIOS. EDIT: going back to 6401, so fare there are no good reasons to use newer BIOS versions for 1st or 2nd Ryzen generations.
    Last edited by Alessio1989; 09-30-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18