Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    New ROGer Array

C6H pump stops bug

this is a problem started with version 6201 of BIOS. now, present in 6401 too. didn't use 6302.
    version 6101, no problems

so, my PC is water cooler using a D5 pump, connected to the PSU for power and to the CPU Fan for PWM signal
    as you can see in the video link below, with versions 6201 and 6401 the pump just stops.
    connected the pump for PWM to AIO pump... the same, the pump stops. CPU => 102 degrees Celsius
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5sPbtFhqdE

no problems with 6101

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Clouseau View Post
    It's a ram training issue. If one looks at the Stilts ram settings it will be noticed that certain settings are left on auto. Leave those same settings on auto. Issue should be gone. That is how it worked for me.
    Ok I used Thaiphoon to export the XMP profile and Ryzen DRAM calculator to get all the single parameters and set them in to the BIOS. Despite my dimms are Samsung B-die, looks like motherboard is not able alone to correctly set all the needed parameters to boot with the DOCP profile to 3200 MHz without any random issue. since then I never had a single boot issue and I was able to lower the voltages too.

ROG Enthusiast Array FoxTech PC Specs
    FoxTech PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800x @4,0Ghz
    Memory (part number)Dominator Platinum @3333Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1080 @2000Mhz-Boost clock 2138Mhz
    Sound CardSoundblaster Z
    MonitorSamsung 34"curved S34E790C
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro
    CPU CoolerCustom water cooled
    CaseThermaltake Core X9 (modified)
    Power Supplybe quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 850W
    Keyboard Steelseries Apex 500 Gaming
    Mouse ET-X08
    Headset HyperX Cloud Gaming
    Headset/Speakers Kingston Cloud Gaming B/W
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64

Hello Community,

I'm not 100% sure if its an bug or my Board/CPU is dying slowly
    Using the lates Bios 6806 (again) on my R7 1800x + Crosshair VI Hero + 2x 16 GB Dominator Platinum Samsung B-Die Dual Ranked
    Its overclocked (4,0 Ghz @ 1,325v)
    Newest Chipset Driver is installed (18.50.16)

Now my PC turns of from time to time, showing Error 08
    After rebooting, it freezes anf gives me the error 02 and/or F6
    No dump file saved

Temps are very good (water cooled system)

Never had any issues bevore.
    Does anybody know, what the reason could be for the "black outs" of my PC

Thanks in advance
    Greetings

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

im having worse issues, the latest 3 bios updates have managed to kill 2 AIO's and now im sat looking at the prism wraith stuck @47+ degrees.

I noticed that when the pc was just sat idle, the cpu went all the way up to 80 degrees. I have never seen this behavior since buying the board and using every bios.

What is Asus doing. im pretty annoyed they would release a bios in this state!!!!

so ive now had my board show 08 instead of AA and am unable to flash an older bios. I get an error saying not a proper bios!

I need help flashing an older bios to retrieve this motherboard. otherwise i'm loking at having to replace it. I can not believe updating to the latest bios 3 bios has gradually reduced my pc's performance to 449.5 single thread and 4739.5 multi thread on cpu-z benchmark.
    Last edited by purecain; 04-07-2019 at 11:30 PM.
    AsusCrosshairVIHero - 2700x@4.30Ghz~1.373v
    32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz + 16gb4266Mhz DDR4@3466mhz
    Titan Xp
    1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
    TTtoughpower1200w80
    Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by purecain View Post
    im having worse issues, the latest 3 bios updates have managed to kill 2 AIO's and now im sat looking at the prism wraith stuck @47+ degrees.

I noticed that when the pc was just sat idle, the cpu went all the way up to 80 degrees. I have never seen this behavior since buying the board and using every bios.

What is Asus doing. im pretty annoyed they would release a bios in this state!!!!

so ive now had my board show 08 instead of AA and am unable to flash an older bios. I get an error saying not a proper bios!

I need help flashing an older bios to retrieve this motherboard. otherwise i'm loking at having to replace it. I can not believe updating to the latest bios 3 bios has gradually reduced my pc's performance to 449.5 single thread and 4739.5 multi thread on cpu-z benchmark.
    for the latest couple of bios's the cpu fan and aio pump headers have been turning off randomly, your aio unit are probably still functional.( already being discussed in thes forums)
    I have put my aio on a molex adapter and just connect the rpm sense to the headers and I have not had any issues since.... asus has problems

ROG Member Array shilent PC Specs
    shilent PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI
    ProcessorRyzen 1600x
    Memory (part number)2x8 Gskill 3200 CL14 (B-die)
    Graphics Card #1MSI Vega 56 Air Boost
    Sound CardSound Blaster X AE-5
    Storage #1Adata SX700 512GB M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro SATA
    CPU CoolerHeatkiller water block
    CasePhanteks Evolv
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1050XM2
    OS Windows 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by FoxTech View Post
    Hello Community,

I'm not 100% sure if its an bug or my Board/CPU is dying slowly
    Using the lates Bios 6806 (again) on my R7 1800x + Crosshair VI Hero + 2x 16 GB Dominator Platinum Samsung B-Die Dual Ranked
    Its overclocked (4,0 Ghz @ 1,325v)
    Newest Chipset Driver is installed (18.50.16)

Now my PC turns of from time to time, showing Error 08
    After rebooting, it freezes anf gives me the error 02 and/or F6
    No dump file saved

Temps are very good (water cooled system)

Never had any issues bevore.
    Does anybody know, what the reason could be for the "black outs" of my PC

Thanks in advance
    I'm having a similar, or possibly the same issue. Since the last 3 BIOS versions.

When playing Division 2 my screen just turns black but with code/error "8". Not 08 or 80, but just 8 on the first/left side. When playing Witcher 3, it'll just crash to desktop. No errors. I can restart Witcher 3, and it'll crash again within 5-10 minutes.

Intel Burn Test no longer stable.

Went back to stock clocks, same instability.

When IBT or Witcher 3 crashes, I can replicate it. But then after rebooting, it can be stable all day. It's very odd.

I have great case cooling and water cooling so heat is not an issue.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alessio1989 View Post
    Ok I used Thaiphoon to export the XMP profile and Ryzen DRAM calculator to get all the single parameters and set them in to the BIOS. Despite my dimms are Samsung B-die, looks like motherboard is not able alone to correctly set all the needed parameters to boot with the DOCP profile to 3200 MHz without any random issue. since then I never had a single boot issue and I was able to lower the voltages too.
    I spoke too early, random q-code 8 at runtime onl although I was able to run memtest64 for 1 hour without errors...

ROG Member Array Karimento PC Specs
    Karimento PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700X @3,8
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Flare X 3200 16Gb
    Graphics Card #1Radeon RX480 8gb
    Sound CardRog Phoebus Solo
    Storage #1Kingston 120 GB ssd
    Storage #23TB hard drives
    CPU CoolerThermalright Macho Rev B
    CaseCorsair Carbide 500R white
    Power SupplySuperFlower 1000W 80+ gold
    Keyboard Steelseries Apex M800
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei
    Headset Steelseries H wireless
    Mouse Pad Roccat Kanga
    Headset/Speakers Scythe KroCraft speakers + amp
    OS Windows 10

So, i updated my BIOS to 7002 and this happened.

I coulnd't get back to previous bios version easily, since non of my usb ports seemed to work. After few tries i managed to get the flashback bios to update on previous version.
    I tried it many times and even when i removed all my usb devices, display card and even motherboard battery, i couldn't make anything happen. The lights didn't light up on the flashback buttons either.
    Few furious tries later it however did accept it and the lights lit up on the buttons and managed to flashabck bios.

Damn, not a first time ASUS BIOS updates have been wonky, but this one really sucked.
    Last edited by Karimento; 06-06-2019 at 04:30 AM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13