Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Junior Member Array

How is this possible? Unable to save the settings file, writes NTFS ... but the screenshots are saved ..
    Как такое возможно? Немогу сохранить файл настроек, пишет NTFS... но скриншоты сохраняются..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180625084215.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	74425

ROG Member Array KeithMyers PC Specs
    KeithMyers PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)F4-3600D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1080Ti Hydro Copper
    Graphics Card #2GTX 1070
    Graphics Card #3GTX 1070
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB
    CPU CoolerDual XSPC 360 V3 radiators-XSPC Raystorm Pro
    CaseThermaltake X5
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000i
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC68R

Crosshair VII Hero USB 15 header non-functional

I just tried to hookup the USB cable from my Corsair HX1000i power supply to USB15 and discovered that it is non-functional. Was working on my Prime Pro before I made the transplant. Verified the USB connection is good from the power supply by plugging a mini-USB cable into a case USB2.0 port and the supply gets connected.

Unplugged the case USB2.0 cable from USB 1112 port on the motherboard and plugged the HX1000i cable into that header and the power supply gets seen. I then plugged the case USB cable into USB15 and found that no mouse or keyboard is detected.

Conclusion. Either the header is not really functional on the motherboard even though it is enabled in the BIOS or my motherboard is defective.

Can anyone who has the C7H confirm that their USB15 header works?

[Edit]
    Helps if you more closely examine the pinout drawing in the manual and notice that the top row in the USB15 header has NC to the DATA lines. So that is why my Corsair HX1000i cable gets no connection when plugged in. It only has the back row pinned out. Repinned the connections on the cable header plug to the front row and now the power supply gets connected to the motherboard.

So nothing wrong with the header nor my motherboard. Not sure why ASUS didn't fully populate that header with the usual two USB connections like on my X370 Prime Pro or Crosshair V motherboards. This is probably going to catch a few more people out unless they pay good attention to the motherboard manual pinout drawing.
    Last edited by KeithMyers; 06-27-2018 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Need to mark the post as solved and why

ROG Member Array

Exclamation Crosshair VI Extreme with 6201 Bios bug

I upgraded the C6E to Bios 6201, and now am noticing a few issues. The fan controls, are buggy and when disabling Q-Fan in the Bios, the ASUS AI Suite now cannot read the temps correctly and using HWinfo, I can see the correct temps but under the Asus EC, the temps on motherboard, CPU, and CPU socket are definitely not reading correctly as they report temp just as 255.00. Also I now have a Cooler Master AIO RGB 240R Cooler and when connecting the RGB box to the internal USB 2.0 header, it doesn't seem to work. Maybe not enough power or another issue entirely different? I have to plug the box into the internal USB 3.0 port and it works perfectly. Also I am noticing the power LED light of my case doesn't come on when the motherboard is powered on. I tried to get it to work with both the Q Connector and directly plugging into the motherboard header, but nothing and I know the LED light works. Hoping not to find any more issues. ASUS please release a new Bios that can also fix these bugs.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick009 View Post
    I upgraded the C6E to Bios 6201, and now am noticing a few issues. The fan controls, are buggy and when disabling Q-Fan in the Bios, the ASUS AI Suite now cannot read the temps correctly and using HWinfo, I can see the correct temps but under the Asus EC, the temps on motherboard, CPU, and CPU socket are definitely not reading correctly as they report temp just as 255.00. Also I now have a Cooler Master AIO RGB 240R Cooler and when connecting the RGB box to the internal USB 2.0 header, it doesn't seem to work. Maybe not enough power or another issue entirely different? I have to plug the box into the internal USB 3.0 port and it works perfectly. Also I am noticing the power LED light of my case doesn't come on when the motherboard is powered on. I tried to get it to work with both the Q Connector and directly plugging into the motherboard header, but nothing and I know the LED light works. Hoping not to find any more issues. ASUS please release a new Bios that can also fix these bugs.
    For hwinfo, install the latest version and then run it and reset preferences. The next time you run it it will popup a dialogue about enabling asus EC which should get the read out working.

And I am having the same issue with fans.... there is a thread about it

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...hut-down/page8

For me the chassis fans and pump header randomly go to 0 rpm ( had a couple of thermal shutdpowns before I realised)

Ether revert 3502 as fans were reliable for me with that one or connect critical stuff directly to your psu. My water pump is now connected directly to psu via molex adapter.

Also complain directly to ASUS tech support, an official bios that turns off pumps and cooling fans is dangerous and should never have been released

New ROGer Array

My chassis fans are stuck at 100% after doing q fan testing. Pulled power hit clear cmos and the issue persists. How do you get this back to factory settings? Thanks

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Azgoodazdead View Post
    Ever since July or June, my PC WILL NOT stay shutdown or stay asleep. I have turned off all timers in power management n stuff but nothing. In Event Viewer, it says the wake up sources are random as listed: Power Button, Unknown, ASMedia USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller (ASM1143), and S4 Doze to Hibernate. ASUS customer service isnt much help either when I called them. They said that Host controller isnt an issue and havent heard any issues about it being the cause and that I am the first one. They suggested that an RMA isnt needed and is probably more on the Windows 10 side. I never had this restarting issue so much on my other setup with AMD FX series. I have yet to call Windows customer service to help on this. A full reformat may fix this but I am trying not to.

To get an idea of what im facing, this guy on youtube is having the exact problem as me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF2-NZocOjo

I will try the battery again but for 30 minutes at another time. Any help is much appreciated. Idk if this is bug related or not. Please :'(.
    Same problem here
    You find a solution? I cant shutdown my pc

New ROGer Array

PCIe 3.0 x16 slot works only at x8

ROG Enthusiast Array FoxTech PC Specs
    FoxTech PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800x @4,0Ghz
    Memory (part number)Dominator Platinum @3333Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1080 @2000Mhz-Boost clock 2138Mhz
    Sound CardSoundblaster Z
    MonitorSamsung 34"curved S34E790C
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro
    CPU CoolerCustom water cooled
    CaseThermaltake Core X9 (modified)
    Power Supplybe quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 850W
    Keyboard Steelseries Apex 500 Gaming
    Mouse ET-X08
    Headset HyperX Cloud Gaming
    Headset/Speakers Kingston Cloud Gaming B/W
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64

I maybe have found another Bug on the CH6 with Bios 6201

I lowerd PLL Voltage from 1,8v to 1,7v (fixed voltage)
    Now, temps for CPU are shown ~20 °C too low

Is this a known bug and is there a workaorund?

PS.: Found a Threat, pointing on this problem.
    Soooo... are there any news how and why? =D
    Greetings

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by FoxTech View Post
    I maybe have found another Bug on the CH6 with Bios 6201

I lowerd PLL Voltage from 1,8v to 1,7v (fixed voltage)
    Now, temps for CPU are shown ~20 °C too low

Is this a known bug and is there a workaorund?

PS.: Found a Threat, pointing on this problem.
    Soooo... are there any news how and why? =D
    Set Sense Mi Skew [Disabled] and you should not see CPU temperature being affected by PLL voltage change. Setting is found within Extreme Tweaker > Tweakers Paradise.

I would also update to UEFI 6301, that is latest, link.
    Last edited by gupsterg; 10-18-2018 at 06:31 PM.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R7 2700X - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3533MHz C14 DC - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

ROG Enthusiast Array FoxTech PC Specs
    FoxTech PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800x @4,0Ghz
    Memory (part number)Dominator Platinum @3333Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1080 @2000Mhz-Boost clock 2138Mhz
    Sound CardSoundblaster Z
    MonitorSamsung 34"curved S34E790C
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro
    CPU CoolerCustom water cooled
    CaseThermaltake Core X9 (modified)
    Power Supplybe quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 850W
    Keyboard Steelseries Apex 500 Gaming
    Mouse ET-X08
    Headset HyperX Cloud Gaming
    Headset/Speakers Kingston Cloud Gaming B/W
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64

Hello Gupsterg,
    thanks for your help. I run 6201and its pretty stable.
    Do you think its worth to update? sensor_version_2?

Disabled SensMe and its working. Good to know.

Cheers mate!
    Greetings

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast