Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by aeonconcepts View Post
    I'm back on 0082, flashback for me is no issue. The issue is a lot of users are not clearing CMOS prior to flashback and getting errors. I have contacted Asus Tech support; Typical 90 minute wait time and they are completely unaware of any issues with 1106. An official response to this mishap would be fabulous. And as a follow up to another post: Raja/Elmor or someone at Asus that flipped the switch for 1106 live; owes me a beer now, and a few aspirin for the headache that is 1106.
    Fair enough, send me your paypal and I'll buy you a beer

New ROGer Array

Hello,
    Yesterday I received my Crosshair 6, a 1700x and a set of G Skill ram (F4-3200C14D-16GVR).
    The issue I have with C6H is that I can't enable the Aura LEDs anymore. They worked for about half an hour and after some restarts, when I turned off my PC they went off. I have tried every suggestion I 've found but without luck(remove battery, unplug for 10 minutes, bios update, change bios settings, remove and install Aura app...).
    My bios version is now 0082.
    I know that here is a separate thread about that problem but I think that is a bug of the mobo or its sw and needs resolution, so I post it here.
    Last edited by dimpah; 04-28-2017 at 06:05 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Running any BIOS (except haven't tried 0902) I no longer have any RGB LED's working either via the two pin headers, or the ones built into the Crosshair VI itself.

There's a separate thread on this, but I wanted to post it here as well.

I have tried:

Various BIOS flashes.
    Uninstall/reinstall AURA software.
    Update of chipset drivers.
    Various configuration options on/off in the motherboard and in AURA.

The result is no RGB before or after power up no matter what I try.

Thanks for your hard work.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Running on bios 0082, and i'm having the following isseus (isseus also happen on other bioses).

Noise/popping sound with Creative z sound card (reported this earlier also).
    Hdd, randomly not beeing booted and are unfindeble in win 10, after i reboot the same disck is not found (does not show up), when i go to bios it's found but in win 10 it's gone.
    Cmos reset, boot win 10 shut down, go to bios and set everything the way i want (or run bios backup/restore) and all works again, there is no clear frequenty when this happens, so far it seems at random, als had this isseu with 0081 and 0079, it occoured once with 1002

ROG Member Array

Issue with Six-Port NIC

Hi Asus team,

To be clear I really like the C6H, I just wish my Hotlava Shasta six port NIC (seen here: http://www.hotlavasystems.com/products_gbe.html) would work with it. I tested the NIC to ensure it is not bad - it works in a Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 with no effort. I even bought a new (identical) NIC and tried it - no dice. Fresh copies of Windows 8.1, 10, and Server 2016 all display the same symptom: the individual ports cannot be initialized.

The NIC is based off of three Intel 82576EB chips with (I believe) a PLX bridge dividing the PCIe x4 connection. I have placed this NIC in the x4 PCIe 2.0 slot.

The basic datasheet for this NIC is here: http://www.hotlavasystems.com/pdfs/H...tasheet_1d.pdf

Here is what I see in device mangler:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NoWorkie.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	64388

... and the resulting error in the System log:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NoWorkie2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	64389

Any ideas why this issue is coming up for me? I've tried the boxed drivers from each of the mentioned OS' and I've even hacked the Intel drivers from the ProSet release 22.1. Same result.

Further to this issue I also cannot seem to make use of AMD-Vi. I tried the instructions below to pass the same NIC and/or a video card through to a guest system in Hyper-V but it appears AMD-Vi is not working well for Ryzen systems...

https://lenovopress.com/lp0088.pdf

This is issue may best be detailed here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/vfio.../msg00005.html

Thanks for your support. Note that I have also opened ticket #N170472296 but have not heard back as yet.

Regards,

-Josh.
    Last edited by josh_b; 05-04-2017 at 02:22 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array dAlexis PC Specs
    dAlexis PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI (X370)
    Processor1800X
    Memory (part number)CMK64GX4M4A2400C16
    Graphics Card #1RX Vega 64
    Sound CardSB ZxR
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i
    CaseObsidian 900D
    Power SupplyAX 1500
    Keyboard Roccat Talk FX
    Mouse Roccat Nyth
    Headset Roccat XTD Analog 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jbasemoine View Post
    Running on bios 0082, and i'm having the following isseus (isseus also happen on other bioses).

Noise/popping sound with Creative z sound card (reported this earlier also).
    Eaten by mice
    Reporting, because 1107 on the site is exactly the same, as beta (at least, if md5sum works OK ) Seems 2 me, that Z series Creative (I have ZxR), Aura and C6H have compatabitity problems. My situation:

With pre-1106\7 BIOS versions (both from site)

1. ZxR noise. And! It's connected by optics! To Sharkoon XTatic Digital block. How analog noise was passing through dirital optical connection - no mind...
    2. If graphics subsystem load during the noise - BSOD (Elite Dangerous) or errors, and BSOD (Diablo 3) after game start in several minutes. Maybe, depends from graphics load level...
    3. However! BSOD was only one during powerup. After it - 10-12 hours w\o any problem. Sometimes were 3 short beeps during reboot.

With 1106\07 (Important: I installed new AURA s\w with previous BIOS versions). The first was 1106 from site (manage 2 catch it berore download was closed), 1107 (used now) the second. Both were flashed from BIOS interface.

1. No AURA
    2. Everything is very stable.

A bit overclocked 4 DIMMS to 2400 (was not doing this during BSODs) - looks OK. CPU is untouched now, waitind & looking

Loosing Aura is not the greatest problem indeed - much better, than BSODs.
    Seems 2 me, that Z-series Creative cards have issues with AURA compatabitlty. ZxR driver is the latest (published this year), WIN 64 the latest build too. Please, investigate this issue - looks like, that this happens not only wit me.

With 1107 bios, boot up times have been reduced for me with 2.8 seconds so cold is only 11.2 seconds now
    But isseus with sound card (creative sound blaster Z) still remain.
    Still having the "poping" sound every now and then while watching movie's (avarge 4 time in a 90 minute movie and 1 to 2 times during a 20 minute episode) there is no diffrence in sound format of file format, on every file format with every sound format/coded it happens so there is no diffrence in what kind of file i watch.
    With listening to music it happens more ofter +/- 2 times every 2 song ruining the music fully!
    With playing games the popping sound happens every 4 minutes on avarage, no matter what game... also this fully ruins my gaming experiance.
    Also sounds stops at random time, while watching movies,listening to music or playing games for no good reason al of a sudden al sound stops.
    I Alt tab back to windows go to creative console (creative sound card software) i disable DTS and the immediatly reanble it again and it all works again instatnly, this is verry annyoing during most of the FPS games i play..... BF4 or Bf1 without any sound kinda........

The problem only occure with this motherboard/cpu (dont know if its motherboard or cpu related, or if it's creative software that is casuing these isseu's) tested the sound card on 3 diffrent systems by now, my old 8350 fx amd, 1 intel I5 (dunno which one) and a intel celeron i used from workd (dunno full specs either) on al 3 systems it works fine, so the sound card itself is fine!
    I have not tried if this isseu also occures with the onboard sound, deu to the lack of DTS of the onboard sound!

I have bought a heaset recently (logitech g933) wireless as wel as wired i have had none of the above isseu's, the heaset also supports DTS and Headphone X dolby (or something) i have no problems so far with the headset and it's sound.

p.s. this problem is also under investigation at Creative sent al detail and sent them all kinds of prove (recording etc of sound etc..) also sent them DXdiag an kinds of file for them to pin point the problem

Forgot to mention the following:

With 1107 i have had no more disappearing of hdd's in windows after cold boot or reboot which i had with 0082.
    Ram is running at 3200, but 2 times after a cold boot bios said it runs at 3200mhz but in windows CpuZ told me it was running at 1333mhz (noticed while playing games i had 8 fps less) a reboot fixed this and it was back at 3200, i will monitor if this will happen more often!

ROG Enthusiast Array dAlexis PC Specs
    dAlexis PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI (X370)
    Processor1800X
    Memory (part number)CMK64GX4M4A2400C16
    Graphics Card #1RX Vega 64
    Sound CardSB ZxR
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i
    CaseObsidian 900D
    Power SupplyAX 1500
    Keyboard Roccat Talk FX
    Mouse Roccat Nyth
    Headset Roccat XTD Analog 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro

Have you AURA on? If Yes, may you try to switch it off in BIOS? Mine switched off by itself...

Quote Originally Posted by dAlexis View Post
    Have you AURA on? If Yes, may you try to switch it off in BIOS? Mine switched off by itself...
    Yes and no :P
    Yes LED's of motheboard are on and aura i installed and running atm.
    Last week i update aura to latest version this did not went well, i had problems uninstalling (it would not uninstal, after uninstall Aura was still programs and feature list, and i could not install new version) Aura so i deleted all files manuelly through regedit, then the LED of my ram stoped working so i installed G.skill led drivers instead of Aura, even then the "popping" sound did occour.
    After i had g.skill led drivers installed and reanable the RAM led i unstillad the G.skill driver and reinstalled latest Aura drivers (after deleting everything Aura related trough Regedit and set up LED of motherboard.
    Now as i'm writing this i'm unistalling Aura to check if the sound problems are fixed without aura running (though i prefer te LED'S on :P) but same problem af before occures, aura wont uninstall so i'm going to delete every file with regedit again... then i wil disable all led in bios (even ram led's are off atm) and i will check sound after, with Total war Warhammer the "popping" sound is easy to test in that cause it happen like every 10 seconds :S (yes it is that bad :S).
    Lately i'm using my brand new headset (logitech g933) and with i have nu isseus with sound, though i'm using it wireless and i'm going to check it today or tomorrow whil pluging the headest in my sound blaster Z direcly, i have used the headset while i plugged it into to front 3.5 mm audio jack infront/on top of my pc case which i connect to the sound blaster Z and did not have had any popping sound (though i need to disable DTS, normaly i'm running sound through dts).
    I will keep you posted how sound work without Aura, will come back to you in the next 2 days deu to work i won't be able to test it.

P.s. you said something about graphics subsystem load, which i don't really understand, can you perhaps explain it better/in easier context :P ?

p.p.s No you are not the only one with the problem have create a thread about the sound problem i had a while back and more people reported in with similair problems, i used the term "popping sound" others discribed i differently since it's a bit hard to discribe what sound it does make (best way i can discribe it is like someon is plugging in a microphone and you hear the "popping" sound).
    Also i was supprised about creative support they asked me specific qeustions not normal reinstall/unintall plug in and out crap, which left me with the feeling i am not the only one reporting in this qeustion, they asked for multiple files/information more then the normal try this and that stuff (the normal standard trouble shooting crap every costumer service asks you to preform), also my case is still in investigation i recieved 2 mails already from the costumer service saying they found some isseu's that need furter investigation so i don't know if it is Creative driver isseu (maybe not working well with ryzen ? which should not supprise me) or there is something else going on.
    I have tried every driver they have on site (old and new one's) with no different results.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast