Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by injurer View Post
    Now the issue I have. I'm monitoring the fans and the temperatures with AIDA 64. After running the mining software for quite some time, either the chassis sensors or the CPU sensor starting to show weird data. The chassis fan either start to run to max at 1600 RPM or totally stop spinning. AIDA 64 is showing its speed as a constant value like it's stuck rather than fluctuating up and down. Occasionally the CPU start showing negative values of -74C and the CPU fan RPM goes down to 200 causing overheating and throttling. After a reboot everything goes back to normal. ...
    I have had FAN issues since 1001 - 1401 where combinations of CPU_FAN and CHA_FAN_1-3 (PWM and DC) once to four times a day maximized there rpm. This always happened when idling or web-browsing and was resolved by rebooting the PC or by running FanXpert4 and apply a minor adjustment. Same problem on two installations of Windows 10 pro. with and without any ASUS programs installed. ASUS Support didn't recognize my problems so after two months of troubleshooting I returned the MB for replacement.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos FAN_issue.jpg  

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

We've replicated fan speeds becoming 'stuck', here at HQ. The results have been passed on to the software team. Now, its up to them to see what's causing it.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array lightknightrr PC Specs
    lightknightrr PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen-7 1800X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-32GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Radeon Vega Frontier Edition
    Sound CardHT Omega eClaro
    MonitorSamsung 4K
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe SSD 960 PRO 1TB
    Storage #2Crucial MX200 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseThermaltake Chaser Mk-1 (Modified)
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1500W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair Gaming MM600 Dual Sided Aluminum Gaming Mouse Pad
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OEM
    Accessory #1 Firewire Expansion Card
    Accessory #2 Black Magic Intensity Pro 4K
    Accessory #3 Mailiya USB 3.0 5-Port Expansion Card

Greetings, two possible bugs here (I am running a Ryzen-7 1800X on a CH6-WiFi board, with the 1403 BIOS, with a Corsair H115i with some upgraded fans for coolant, and a pair of G.Skill F4-3200C14-16GTZ @ 2933Mhz atm).

The first is in AI Suite 3 (under System Information), which is reporting an erroneous serial number (for the motherboard (it's all digits [0-9]).

The second, which is a bit more subtle, and annoying (I ripped apart my PC, throwing away various cards, tried different configurations, came up with conspiracy theories before catching a break): LN2 mode does not appear to like the ever-popular (burns damn near everything: Mo Disc, BDXL, Blu-Ray, even DVD-RAMs) Blu-Ray burner, the HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40. I've swapped ports, cables...plugged it into a SATA to USB 2.0 adapter while the machine was on to make sure I wasn't having some sort of a seizure...it won't detect the drive (via the usual SATA ports) in LN2 mode. Switch it back to normal mode, finds it instantly.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    We've replicated fan speeds becoming 'stuck', here at HQ. The results have been passed on to the software team. Now, its up to them to see what's causing it.
    I also have this issue on a otherwise totally stable system
    And I cant pinpoint the cause, cant find a common factor or setting for this behavior. First I thought auto fan settings where doing this but then I tried combinations of changes to both PWM and DC in the meanwhile had a fan spin to max out of nowhere.

- AIO block is in AIO header, CPU FAN has nothing and set in bios to ignore.
    - 1 fan exaust back is in FAN1 pwm
    - 4 radiator fans in FAN2 dc
    - 1 fan intake front and 1 fan intake top in FAN3 dc
    Chosen this setup so I can independently control water pump speed and radiator speed.

I have had sudden max spinning on FAN1, FAN3 and FAN2 (that´s in order of higher to lower occurrence) but never on AIO header. I had the factory 1700 cooler installed for 2 weeks and it happened several times on CPU fan

I wonder if:

- This happens when there is a wider voltage or resistance differential among the various fan headers
    - This happens when they are all (or one) set to spin very low, like min 200rpm and silent mode
    - Some kind of instant spike up/down on cpu/vrm/chipset voltages can trigger this and then it is unable to back down ?

but Raja... even if you are able to replicate how can pinpoint what´s happening ? measuring voltage fed to fan headers vs the fan control internal tables ?

at a loss here...
    Last edited by ninogui; 07-09-2017 at 10:40 AM.

ROG Member Array

always getting q-code 8 while overclocking

i just got my pc setup and tried to overclock it but it crashes with q-code 8 . I seen online that it could be because of what ram you are using. im using lpx 16 gb c16 at 3200 mhz .which is on the list for this motherboard. so i invert everything back to default and ran memtest on that ram and there are no errors.... i;m on the new bios 1403 motherboard is crosshair vi hero cpu is ryzen 1700 ... i seen a video that hardware canucks posted using the same motherboard and having the same issue .. is this on a bios level or is it a cpu problem ? this is a brand new system and i just needs help to figure out if its a component issue or something else so i can rma in time with newegg .

ROG Member Array supertrekie PC Specs
    supertrekie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI
    ProcessorAMD RYZEN R7 1800X @ 4GHZ
    Memory (part number)GSKILL FLARE-X 3200MHZ
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 980ti HYBRID
    Sound CardCREATIVE 1212M
    MonitorASUS PB278Q
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2x4 4TB Seagate ST4000DM000
    CPU CoolerCM NEPTON 280L
    CaseFRACTAL - DEFINE XL R2
    Power SupplyANTEC 750W
    Mouse LOGITECH G600
    Headset/Speakers ULTRASONE PRO 750 + LITTLE DOTI+ AMP
    OS WINDOWS 10
    Network RouterPFSENSE

Just to clarify, you're able to replicate only in the asus software / fanxpert? or able to replicate it just randomly happening with nothing running (some kind of bios fan controlling issue)?

I ask because my system seems to work fine for a few hours after a reboot but will randomly bump fans up to 100% and/or report 0% on the AIO - as well as report random temps on the CPU (-74C typically). This is always solved by a reboot before it happens again a few hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by lightknightrr View Post
    Greetings, two possible bugs here (I am running a Ryzen-7 1800X on a CH6-WiFi board, with the 1403 BIOS, with a Corsair H115i with some upgraded fans for coolant, and a pair of G.Skill F4-3200C14-16GTZ @ 2933Mhz atm).

The first is in AI Suite 3 (under System Information), which is reporting an erroneous serial number (for the motherboard (it's all digits [0-9]).

The second, which is a bit more subtle, and annoying (I ripped apart my PC, throwing away various cards, tried different configurations, came up with conspiracy theories before catching a break): LN2 mode does not appear to like the ever-popular (burns damn near everything: Mo Disc, BDXL, Blu-Ray, even DVD-RAMs) Blu-Ray burner, the HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40. I've swapped ports, cables...plugged it into a SATA to USB 2.0 adapter while the machine was on to make sure I wasn't having some sort of a seizure...it won't detect the drive (via the usual SATA ports) in LN2 mode. Switch it back to normal mode, finds it instantly.
    1) AI suite doesnt report the motherboard's serial number.
    2) Ln2 mode is for Ln2 use. You'd make any optical drive installations before engaging Ln2 mode.

Quote Originally Posted by supertrekie View Post
    Just to clarify, you're able to replicate only in the asus software / fanxpert? or able to replicate it just randomly happening with nothing running (some kind of bios fan controlling issue)?

I ask because my system seems to work fine for a few hours after a reboot but will randomly bump fans up to 100% and/or report 0% on the AIO - as well as report random temps on the CPU (-74C typically). This is always solved by a reboot before it happens again a few hours later.

So far, (Elmor and I, personally) only with Fan Xpert installed.

Quote Originally Posted by BlowUpDaChron View Post
    i just got my pc setup and tried to overclock it but it crashes with q-code 8 . I seen online that it could be because of what ram you are using. im using lpx 16 gb c16 at 3200 mhz .which is on the list for this motherboard. so i invert everything back to default and ran memtest on that ram and there are no errors.... i;m on the new bios 1403 motherboard is crosshair vi hero cpu is ryzen 1700 ... i seen a video that hardware canucks posted using the same motherboard and having the same issue .. is this on a bios level or is it a cpu problem ? this is a brand new system and i just needs help to figure out if its a component issue or something else so i can rma in time with newegg .

Likely memory instability when you're engaging DDR4-3200. Those speeds can require manual tuning to get stable (memory timings/parameters and associated voltages).

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array lightknightrr PC Specs
    lightknightrr PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen-7 1800X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-32GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Radeon Vega Frontier Edition
    Sound CardHT Omega eClaro
    MonitorSamsung 4K
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe SSD 960 PRO 1TB
    Storage #2Crucial MX200 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseThermaltake Chaser Mk-1 (Modified)
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1500W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair Gaming MM600 Dual Sided Aluminum Gaming Mouse Pad
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OEM
    Accessory #1 Firewire Expansion Card
    Accessory #2 Black Magic Intensity Pro 4K
    Accessory #3 Mailiya USB 3.0 5-Port Expansion Card

Question

1) AI suite doesnt report the motherboard's serial number.
    2) Ln2 mode is for Ln2 use. You'd make any optical drive installations before engaging Ln2 mode.
    Fair enough. What is the (see attached image) serial in this image for?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	System Information.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	391.0 KB 
ID:	65913

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast