cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i select post display GPU with Crosshair VI motherboard?

bintel
Level 7
I am trying to output the bios display in the last PCIe slot on an Asus Crosshair VI Hero motherboard (the 4x slot). I need to output the display specifically from the GPU there for a VM project I am working on, and I don't see any options to do this in the BIOS settings. When I have the three GPUs I need all slotted it will only display out of the first PCIe slot. Tried searching online but couldn't find answers.

Anyone know if this is possible?
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi bintel

Welcome to the ROG forum.

You could check in catalyst control center and device manager to make sure all is ok there, it should work with three AMD gpu's but probably not with crossfire enabled. I'm pretty sure when crossfire is enabled you only get output from the first gpu, are all gpu's detected in the bios and what does it show them running at ?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi bintel

Welcome to the ROG forum.

You could check in catalyst control center and device manager to make sure all is ok there, it should work with three AMD gpu's but probably not with crossfire enabled. I'm pretty sure when crossfire is enabled you only get output from the first gpu, are all gpu's detected in the bios and what does it show them running at ?

Yes all GPUs are being detected in BIOS. I need an output from an AMD card and the other two are GTX 1080's. I don't have windows installed on the machine, because it is for specific Virtual Machine project i am doing that boots directly to an unRAID server drive. I have read that on other ASUS boards there is a specific setting in the BIOS to set the BIOS/post video output to any card that is installed, but ti seems to be missing on the Crosshair VI (Ryzen 1800X).

So yeh, I don't need any output after going into windows, I just need the BIOS to be displayed on the first gpu there are two other installed.

Hi, I've got the same exact problem on a Crosshair Hero VII: did you manage to find a solution?
I'm trying to have my 4x slot to be the primary POST card for unRAID... and the 2 remaining ones for GPU passthrough in a VM.