Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array GeorgeKps PC Specs
    GeorgeKps PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700X
    Memory (part number)G. Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix RX580 Top OC
    Sound CardOn board
    MonitorAcer XF270HUA
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe 960 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2WD, 2TB Green, 1TB Green, 2TB Gold, Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer 240
    CaseThermaltake Core X71
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Asus Claymore + Keypad
    Mouse Roccat Nyth
    Headset Sennheiser hd 598
    Mouse Pad Razer Sphex V2 Regular
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506
    OS Windows 10 Home
    Network RouterZTE ZXHN H168N

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    38

    Unhappy ALC1220 and DPC Latency issues on Windows 10 x64

    Hello people

    I have a high DPC problem and sound is crackling and there's stutter and weird behavior on my computer. After running LatencyMon, there are 2 things that have high latency, dxgkrnl.sys and HDAudBus.sys. Also, Wdf01000.sys has really high (actually the highest) ISR count (ISR meaning "Interrupt Service Routine").

    Now, i reinstalled Windows (the creator's edition since this is the one the Microsoft Tool downloads), i reinstalled GPU drivers, sound drivers, network drivers and the problem insists. When 1st booting into Windows right after the installation is complete, while windows installs a (probably) generic Sound driver, the sound is fine despite high latency. But unfortunately that driver doesn't support many things not only on the speakers but also on the microphone side of things.

    Now, I was trying to find information on the Realtek website about the ALC1220 codec and there was absolutely nothing. I tried installing Realtek 2.81 drivers [which are unified drivers and (theoretically) "should" support this model] as i also installed the drivers from the disk that came with my motherboard. I also installed the driver from the Asus website. (these installations were always done after removing the older versions through Device Manager > Uninstall on the device > Delete the driver software for this device)
    The problem remains. I have high DPC Latency measuring an excessive +4000μs. I've used DPC Latency checker and LatencyMon to identify the drivers having the problem.

    My question (and kind request) is this. Do you guys also have any problems with high DPC Latency and if you haven't measured it, is it too much to ask of you to download and install these programs to check it yourselves? (links are as followed: http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon)

    I'm really baffled by this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array sphinx64 PC Specs
    sphinx64 PC Specs
    MotherboardC6H
    ProcessorRyzen 1800x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LED CMU16GX4M2C3200C16 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM X4
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX Radeon RX 480 Graphics (8 GB)
    MonitorAcer S271HL [27" LCD] (LUW0D0058530)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 512GB M.2
    Storage #2INTEL SSDSC2CW240A (240 GB)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H80
    CaseCooler Master Storm Sniper
    Power SupplyCorsair CMPSU-850HX
    Keyboard Logitech K360
    Mouse Logitech M500
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506
    OS Win 10 Pro x64
    sphinx64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    39

    Try to do a clean boot (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...oot-in-windows), and then uninstall all of the audio drivers and software. Reboot again with clean boot. Install first the ASUS supplied audio driver and then install the software. Then reboot with normal boot settings (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...oot-in-windows) and check if corrected.
    Last edited by sphinx64; 04-21-2017 at 08:11 AM.

  3. #3
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array BaneSilvermoon PC Specs
    BaneSilvermoon PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero x370
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800x
    Memory (part number)G-skill 4x8 F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 1TB NVMe
    CPU CoolerCase Integrated 360mm Liquid AIO
    CaseDEEPCOOL GENOME ROG
    Power SupplySilverstone Strider SST-ST1200-PT
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Stealth
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    OS Win10 Home
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk X6

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    122

    Man I could have used those tools back when I first installed Windows 10. My audio was a mess.
    Think I'll try these things out.

    *update*
    I had some things reporting pretty high, so I'm currently in a clean boot, with drivers uninstalled for my audio, gpu, and storage drives. I also lowered my RAM speeds (since I'm still testing RAM timings) and disabled some of my processor power saving features. Going to gradually change these things back and observe any latency changes. There's a definite change from when I first ran LatencyMon though. Its cut down now to my DPC results looking relatively low
    313 tcpip.sys
    235 ntoskrnl.exe
    167 ndis.sys
    Highest ISR execution is only 22 - the wdf01000.sys you mentioned.

    DPC Latency Checker looks far less happy though. While LatencyMon is showing the highest value on it as 310, DPC Latency Checker is consistently above 1000.

    Going to start re-installing things and turning things back on and watch for changes.
    Last edited by BaneSilvermoon; 04-21-2017 at 11:28 AM.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array MrPhil17 PC Specs
    MrPhil17 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MacBook Pro Retina 15" Mid 2014
    MotherboardAsus Maximus IV Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 2600k
    Memory (part number)F3-14900CL9Q-16GBSR
    Graphics Card #1nVidia GeForce GTX 580
    Sound CardIntegrated
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14
    OS Windows 10 Home 64Bit

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    76

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeKps View Post
    Hello people

    I have a high DPC problem and sound is crackling and there's stutter and weird behavior on my computer. After running LatencyMon, there are 2 things that have high latency, dxgkrnl.sys and HDAudBus.sys. Also, Wdf01000.sys has really high (actually the highest) ISR count (ISR meaning "Interrupt Service Routine").

    Now, i reinstalled Windows (the creator's edition since this is the one the Microsoft Tool downloads), i reinstalled GPU drivers, sound drivers, network drivers and the problem insists. When 1st booting into Windows right after the installation is complete, while windows installs a (probably) generic Sound driver, the sound is fine despite high latency. But unfortunately that driver doesn't support many things not only on the speakers but also on the microphone side of things.

    Now, I was trying to find information on the Realtek website about the ALC1220 codec and there was absolutely nothing. I tried installing Realtek 2.81 drivers [which are unified drivers and (theoretically) "should" support this model] as i also installed the drivers from the disk that came with my motherboard. I also installed the driver from the Asus website. (these installations were always done after removing the older versions through Device Manager > Uninstall on the device > Delete the driver software for this device)
    The problem remains. I have high DPC Latency measuring an excessive +4000μs. I've used DPC Latency checker and LatencyMon to identify the drivers having the problem.

    My question (and kind request) is this. Do you guys also have any problems with high DPC Latency and if you haven't measured it, is it too much to ask of you to download and install these programs to check it yourselves? (links are as followed: http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon)

    I'm really baffled by this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance
    Same here. DSP latency check is between 4240 and 4270 nanoseconds.

    Tested on a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64 Creative Update with the Asus's site support driver.

  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array GeorgeKps PC Specs
    GeorgeKps PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700X
    Memory (part number)G. Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix RX580 Top OC
    Sound CardOn board
    MonitorAcer XF270HUA
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe 960 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2WD, 2TB Green, 1TB Green, 2TB Gold, Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer 240
    CaseThermaltake Core X71
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Asus Claymore + Keypad
    Mouse Roccat Nyth
    Headset Sennheiser hd 598
    Mouse Pad Razer Sphex V2 Regular
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506
    OS Windows 10 Home
    Network RouterZTE ZXHN H168N

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by sphinx64 View Post
    Try to do a clean boot (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...oot-in-windows), and then uninstall all of the audio drivers and software. Reboot again with clean boot. Install first the ASUS supplied audio driver and then install the software. Then reboot with normal boot settings (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...oot-in-windows) and check if corrected.
    Thanks for the suggestion, i will do that when i get home.

  6. #6
    ROG Enthusiast Array GeorgeKps PC Specs
    GeorgeKps PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700X
    Memory (part number)G. Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix RX580 Top OC
    Sound CardOn board
    MonitorAcer XF270HUA
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe 960 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2WD, 2TB Green, 1TB Green, 2TB Gold, Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer 240
    CaseThermaltake Core X71
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Asus Claymore + Keypad
    Mouse Roccat Nyth
    Headset Sennheiser hd 598
    Mouse Pad Razer Sphex V2 Regular
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506
    OS Windows 10 Home
    Network RouterZTE ZXHN H168N

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneSilvermoon View Post
    Man I could have used those tools back when I first installed Windows 10. My audio was a mess.
    Think I'll try these things out.

    *update*
    I had some things reporting pretty high, so I'm currently in a clean boot, with drivers uninstalled for my audio, gpu, and storage drives. I also lowered my RAM speeds (since I'm still testing RAM timings) and disabled some of my processor power saving features. Going to gradually change these things back and observe any latency changes. There's a definite change from when I first ran LatencyMon though. Its cut down now to my DPC results looking relatively low
    313 tcpip.sys
    235 ntoskrnl.exe
    167 ndis.sys
    Highest ISR execution is only 22 - the wdf01000.sys you mentioned.

    DPC Latency Checker looks far less happy though. While LatencyMon is showing the highest value on it as 310, DPC Latency Checker is consistently above 1000.

    Going to start re-installing things and turning things back on and watch for changes.
    I'm starting to think that there's some major change in this Windows update that either MS hasn't notified hardware vendors, or they did so too late and hardware vendors haven't had the time to support this.

    My laptop, an Asus K53SV which has an Intel i7 and an nVIDIA GPU also has DPC problems although they are on the +1000μs range.

    Thanks for taking the time to try this yourself. I'll try some things too when i get home to see if i come up to a result or something.

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array BaneSilvermoon PC Specs
    BaneSilvermoon PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero x370
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800x
    Memory (part number)G-skill 4x8 F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 1TB NVMe
    CPU CoolerCase Integrated 360mm Liquid AIO
    CaseDEEPCOOL GENOME ROG
    Power SupplySilverstone Strider SST-ST1200-PT
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Stealth
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    OS Win10 Home
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk X6

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    122

    I'm still playing around with this. I've managed to clean up the numbers in LatencyMon quite a bit from when I started. Initially HDAudBus.sys and Wdf01000.sys were getting around 1100. Now they're staying under 500 most of the time. Though occasionally storport.sys jumps to pretty high numbers.

    ....The more interesting part though....
    In DPC Latency Checker, I've been hovering at about 1100 the entire time. For hours now while I've been messing with this.
    Something I did in the last half hour or so has replicated what you're describing. First time I've seen it, but now when I get into windows, for 30 - 45 seconds it stays at that 1100. Then windows explorer flickers and it jumps to somewhere between 4k - 8k and stays there indefinitely.

    I think this is something to do with power settings, but I haven't been able to get it to go back to how it was before yet.
    I was playing around with LLC and CPU voltage right before this started.

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array BaneSilvermoon PC Specs
    BaneSilvermoon PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero x370
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800x
    Memory (part number)G-skill 4x8 F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 1TB NVMe
    CPU CoolerCase Integrated 360mm Liquid AIO
    CaseDEEPCOOL GENOME ROG
    Power SupplySilverstone Strider SST-ST1200-PT
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Stealth
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    OS Win10 Home
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk X6

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    122

    So setting my BIOS settings back to my normal settings does indeed increase the peak by about 500 and the average by 300 or so. Which may be partially due to the RAM over-clocking/timing testing that I'm in the middle of.

    But what is causing the significant latency spikes in my situation, up into the 6k range, is the Razer Chroma SDK. If I disable that in selective startup, the latency goes away with everything else left the same. I tested this turning it on and off numerous times and rebooting. Consistent result every time.
    I also uninstalled Synapse entirely, rebooted, and reinstalled with a fresh download. After installation completed, the moment it launched and loaded my settings, the the DPC latency shot back up.

    ::edit::
    I take that back. It's not Chroma SDK, it's Razer Synapse. (which doesn't load successfully if SDK is disabled) I thought I still had the SDK disabled, but I apparently forgot to turn it back off, it's been running and my latency was still down.
    Last edited by BaneSilvermoon; 04-22-2017 at 07:43 AM.

  9. #9
    ROG Enthusiast Array GeorgeKps PC Specs
    GeorgeKps PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700X
    Memory (part number)G. Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix RX580 Top OC
    Sound CardOn board
    MonitorAcer XF270HUA
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe 960 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2WD, 2TB Green, 1TB Green, 2TB Gold, Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer 240
    CaseThermaltake Core X71
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Asus Claymore + Keypad
    Mouse Roccat Nyth
    Headset Sennheiser hd 598
    Mouse Pad Razer Sphex V2 Regular
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506
    OS Windows 10 Home
    Network RouterZTE ZXHN H168N

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    38

    Well, after a big "research" and activating/deactivating program features/options etc, i found the culprit and it was Roccat Swarm. They have this monitoring option activated by default that monitors hardware, actions per minute and mistakes per hit. And this monitoring kept the DPC latency at the ~4000μs. After disabling it, it came down to the normal 7-8μs (when doing absolutely nothing that is...)

  10. #10
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array BaneSilvermoon PC Specs
    BaneSilvermoon PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero x370
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800x
    Memory (part number)G-skill 4x8 F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 1TB NVMe
    CPU CoolerCase Integrated 360mm Liquid AIO
    CaseDEEPCOOL GENOME ROG
    Power SupplySilverstone Strider SST-ST1200-PT
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Stealth
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    OS Win10 Home
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk X6

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    122

    Nice!

    I'm still sitting in the 1100 or so range on average, which is tolerable. Would be nice if I could identify some specific piece of the razor software that could be turned off though so I could keep my mouse software on. Feels clunky without the custom DPI settings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •