cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278QR Vertical Line Issue

DTX3
Level 7
Hey y'all

Had this monitor for a few months now and have noticed I'm getting vertical lines which run down the left hand and centre of the screen

I've uploaded a quick video here:

If I switch the monitor off and on again the issue goes away. It does return again but at random times. It's more noticeable whilst gaming.

I've read elsewhere that it may require a firmware update, however this apparently requires special equipment which only Asus can do. So I'll have to RMA it and pay for postage, which will probably be a fortune since it's a big monitor.

Any ideas?
================================================================
i7 5960x Extreme | SLI GTX 980ti | Corsair Dominator DDR4 3200Mhz | Seasonic Snow White PSU
Asus X99 Deluxe 2 | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD | Deepcool Captain 240 EX White
PG278QR and BenQ XL2420Z | Corsair K95 | Logitech G502 | Astro A50 Gen 2 | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
http://imgur.com/a/ynvB1
9 REPLIES 9

christizzz
Level 7
Dont bother..... ASUS support is useless.... i have the same problem... My monitor was produced in February 2017 and the problem is here... Contacted ASUS support... they told me to RMA my monitor... and they had no idea what was the problem....

...Acer from what i know issued a firmware update, but still people needed to send their Screen back in order to do the updtae.... Asus germany want to simply exchange my screen which i refused.... now i am testing a DELL screen and i am gona decide between the DELL one and the ASUS one...

It is a Gsync Problem... it can be solved with a Firmware update. Another Workaround is to try and activate the Screen OC on 165Hz... since i activated this ( since 2 days ) i did not get the Vertical Line.... otherwise on 144hz i am getting the line on a daily basis each time the screen wake up....

But Again for a 650euros screen Asus just failed !

Legolas
Level 9
I recommend troubleshooting.
Did you ever try to change the video cables? Does it have same issue on another computer? Overclocking video card?
What resolution do you use? Did you try another resolution with lower refresh rate?
Sincerely,
Legolas

Having the exact same issue with PG258Q.
Usually shows up when changing resolution/launching fullscreen game, happens both when GSYNC is on/off.
Tried on windows 7 and 10, with intel hd 630, GTX 970 and GTX 1080 so it's definitely a firmware issue.
Power cycle is the solution usually but for such an expensive monitor this is an insult :mad:.

DTX3
Level 7
So after a bit of testing and trying on another PC. I believe the issue to be G-Sync. With this on, it happens often. I switched it off for a few days and not once experienced the issue.

As "Christizzz" mentioned, I tried turning this to 165hz oc mode with G-sync on and the issue does not happen. It's only when running on anything lower like 144hz...

So for now and rather than RMAing and paying crazy postage prices, I'm left with only this as a workaround.
================================================================
i7 5960x Extreme | SLI GTX 980ti | Corsair Dominator DDR4 3200Mhz | Seasonic Snow White PSU
Asus X99 Deluxe 2 | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD | Deepcool Captain 240 EX White
PG278QR and BenQ XL2420Z | Corsair K95 | Logitech G502 | Astro A50 Gen 2 | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
http://imgur.com/a/ynvB1

christizzz
Level 7
Gald it works...now i am testing an Acer XB271hu manufactured in January 2017 and it has this Line problem... so i guess its not just asus.... the 165Hz works as Well....

The DELL did not have this problem but the screen had terrible GHosting...

Now i am left with the ACER which i guess i ll keep...

Just one question though... do you have COlor Banding on your asus ?

THank you

I have had this problem and several others. I get a vertical line down the middle, I also get the screen shifted sometimes, where a section of the left hand is displaying on the right hand side. I get very fluctating frame rates etc.. I bought the monitor only a couple of weeks ago and have decided to return it for a replacement with amazon. ASUS support told me it was defective and wanted to RMA it. Why would I want to do that on a brand new monitor that I have had for less than 2 weeks? Im glad at least that i found the problems before the return period was up. I will give the replacement a shot, if that doesn't work I will look for something else. So unfortunate for such a pricey monitor. I was really excited about it, but its been nothing but a headache.

cljustin
Level 8
Please send your monitor for RMA with firmware upgrade (STDP2600 FW).

I have this problem on two of my PG2568Q
Asus support is useless I have tried explaining the problem and all they say is this is the first we have heard of this problem and that they want to replace my screen with refurbished ones !

This is terrible Asus I have spent over £1000 on these screens why would I would to swap for a second maybe third hand screen just to get the same problem!

I know this thread is old now but there has to be a firmware update for the PG258Q has anyone got there screens fixed ?

I just bought another brand version of this monitor that was manufactured in Sep 2017, and it had this issue a couple times within one hour, so I returned it. Is Asus shipping these monitors with the firmware update already on yet, and can anyone confirm the problem is fixed?
Or has anyone gotten this issue fixed any other way? I loved the panel, but this issue is a deal breaker. Asking about the IPS(AHVA) version, PG279Q. Same exact issue though.