Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Asus Aura and G.Skill trident Z rgb memory led problems

Hi there,

So 2 day's ago i installed the latest Aura software from asus.
    I does work better then the previous version of aura butt still running into some issue's, i'm going to discribe my isseu's below.

Isseu 1
    When i unsync the memory the LED'S of my memory are off, the only way to re enable them is to resync them (though this does not work always neede to do this 12 times before they where on again)

Isseu 2
    I cannot set the LED'S of my ram on a different effects (breathing, comet, rainbow static etc..) as my motherboard i would like my motherboard to be static and my ram LED's i want to set in rainbow, this is not possible with aura, not even when i unsyc them!

Isseu 3
    When i click on the Independent tap (i thought i could solve isseu nr 2 in this tap) only let's me decide what happens to the LED when system is shut down (i want them to be off so that i can sleep :P)

Isseu 4
    all LED'S go out when i installed G.Skill trident Z RGB software (g.skills "aura" app for ram LED'S), i hoped that i could set the motherboard LED's to static (whit aura) and then set ram (through g.skill software) on raibow effect, this resulted in all LED'S not working.

Isseu 5
    When G.Skill software to control LED'S of ram is installed with Aura as well both programs won't start, aura will fail to start and g.skill software won't find any trident z ram.
    No matter if you install aura first and the g.skill (or vice versa) both are in conflict with each other (i just read on g.skill website that this is a know problem)

Isseu 6
    Aura crashes often when i open aura, need to start application multiple times before it works, when it crashes all LED turn off, when (after multiple try's) aura does start, LED'S won't turn on a full system reboot is required.

Isseu 7
    When ram and motherboard LED'S are synced there not synced, for example, while motherboard LED'S are green the ram LED'S are purple, when motherboard LED'S are purple ram LED'S are blue etc......
    Only on static there in sync whit all other effect's there not in sync.

isseu 8
    Some of the effect's don't work proper (kinda the same isseu as isseu 7 but sill diffrent :P) while the effect was set on Music, motherboard reacted properly to music, while Ram was static, whit comet effect ram started fading in and out, motherboard led's where flashing (i did not look properly).

I don't know if i'm the only one whit theses isseu's but i'm hoping that asus aura let's me set 2 diffrent effect's at least 1 for motherboard (static :P) and 1 for RAM (rainbow ).
    Also i hope Aura will become more stable, but i'm sure it will with future updates!
    Last edited by jbasemoine; 04-21-2017 at 04:58 PM.

ROG Member Array ciccoman PC Specs
    ciccoman PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i7 5930k
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK16GX4M4A2800C16 Black
    Graphics Card #1Asus Matrix-GTX980-P-4GD5
    Graphics Card #2Asus Matrix-GTX980-P-4GD5
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Plextor PX-G512M6E
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H110
    CaseCorsair Graphite 760T Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860
    OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 update

I also have problems with these rams. In my case, Aura software does not detect installed modules. Could it be a problem with windows 10 creator update? Is there a way to force detection?

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

Do not install the Gskill software. It hoses things up. Aura can handle the Trident Z RGB sticks as you program them, or you can run them default at rainbow without the Gskill software.

When you are in Aura, and you unlink the memory and the ram LEDs go out, just close Aura and reboot the system. The memory will re-light back to rainbow.

This is how I have my system running. My mobo and GFX cards run a solid color with the ram on rainbow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5834.JPG 
Views:	736 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	64275

EDIT - this in on my Hero IX, but thought it would still apply as it is an Asus Aura/Gskill Z RGB issue.
    Last edited by mdzcpa; 04-29-2017 at 10:01 PM.

ROG Member Array IT_Grandpa PC Specs
    IT_Grandpa PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)PC
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6850K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ RGB
    Graphics Card #1Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB OC Edition
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX HI-FI DAC
    MonitorASUS PG278QR x2
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro, 1.0TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO, 2TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseIn Win 509 ROG
    Power SupplyIn Win C900
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K70
    Mouse Corsair M65
    Headset/Speakers Harmon Kardon Speakers, Sennheiser HD 598
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterTP-Link Archer C9
    Accessory #1 Corsair ML140 Pro LED Red x 4
    Accessory #2 Silverstone SST-LSB01 RGB Light Strip Control Box
    Accessory #3 CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD UPS

Lido WATER

Same here on Windows 10 and a ASUS Rampage V Edition 10. But I have Aura set to Rainbow and the DIMMs are of course doing their own thing. But, I have to admit that the colorful contrast actually has "made" my system. I have received numerous compliments on this "flaw".

ciccoman PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 5930k

Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    Do not install the Gskill software. It hoses things up. Aura can handle the Trident Z RGB sticks as you program them, or you can run them default at rainbow without the Gskill software.

When you are in Aura, and you unlink the memory and the ram LEDs go out, just close Aura and reboot the system. The memory will re-light back to rainbow.

This is how I have my system running. My mobo and GFX cards run a solid color with the ram on rainbow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5834.JPG 
Views:	736 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	64275

EDIT - this in on my Hero IX, but thought it would still apply as it is an Asus Aura/Gskill Z RGB issue.
    I just installed only Aura software now but the rams are not detected. The rgb leds work in rainbow mode, but from the Aura panel I can't do anything because the RAM image does not appear.

Inviato dal mio Pixel utilizzando Tapatalk

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

Quote Originally Posted by ciccoman View Post
    I just installed only Aura software now but the rams are not detected. The rgb leds work in rainbow mode, but from the Aura panel I can't do anything because the RAM image does not appear.

In Aura, are you selecting the synchronization box on the upper left? You need that box selected to get all of your RGB compatible components to show. If it is set independent only the motherboard will show.

ROG Enthusiast Array Celty2 PC Specs
    Celty2 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crossfire Hero VI
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3600 F4-3600C16D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5*
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS VE278
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe MZ-V6E500BW
    Storage #2HGST Deskstar NAS 3.5" 4TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i GT
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P400S PH-EC416PSTG
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 R
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterNetgear R7000

Quote Originally Posted by jbasemoine View Post
    Hi there,

So 2 day's ago i installed the latest Aura software from asus.
    I does work better then the previous version of aura butt still running into some issue's, i'm going to discribe my isseu's below.

Isseu 1
    When i unsync the memory the LED'S of my memory are off, the only way to re enable them is to resync them (though this does not work always neede to do this 12 times before they where on again)

Isseu 2
    I cannot set the LED'S of my ram on a different effects (breathing, comet, rainbow static etc..) as my motherboard i would like my motherboard to be static and my ram LED's i want to set in rainbow, this is not possible with aura, not even when i unsyc them!

Isseu 3
    When i click on the Independent tap (i thought i could solve isseu nr 2 in this tap) only let's me decide what happens to the LED when system is shut down (i want them to be off so that i can sleep :P)

Isseu 4
    all LED'S go out when i installed G.Skill trident Z RGB software (g.skills "aura" app for ram LED'S), i hoped that i could set the motherboard LED's to static (whit aura) and then set ram (through g.skill software) on raibow effect, this resulted in all LED'S not working.

Isseu 5
    When G.Skill software to control LED'S of ram is installed with Aura as well both programs won't start, aura will fail to start and g.skill software won't find any trident z ram.
    No matter if you install aura first and the g.skill (or vice versa) both are in conflict with each other (i just read on g.skill website that this is a know problem)

Isseu 6
    Aura crashes often when i open aura, need to start application multiple times before it works, when it crashes all LED turn off, when (after multiple try's) aura does start, LED'S won't turn on a full system reboot is required.

Isseu 7
    When ram and motherboard LED'S are synced there not synced, for example, while motherboard LED'S are green the ram LED'S are purple, when motherboard LED'S are purple ram LED'S are blue etc......
    Only on static there in sync whit all other effect's there not in sync.

isseu 8
    Some of the effect's don't work proper (kinda the same isseu as isseu 7 but sill diffrent :P) while the effect was set on Music, motherboard reacted properly to music, while Ram was static, whit comet effect ram started fading in and out, motherboard led's where flashing (i did not look properly).

I don't know if i'm the only one whit theses isseu's but i'm hoping that asus aura let's me set 2 diffrent effect's at least 1 for motherboard (static :P) and 1 for RAM (rainbow ).
    Also i hope Aura will become more stable, but i'm sure it will with future updates!
    To all using Aura with G.Skill Trident RGB memory:

I would strongly suggest checking your SPD information on each stick frequently. Look for any discrepancies. There is an issue with both Aura or the G.Skill software corrupting the SPD's on this memory due to conflicts that arise. I wound up returning these modules due to this problem. Others are a bit more adventurous and re-flashing their module's SPD's using Thaiphoon Burner.

I had help from the fellow users, and the authors of HWiNFO64 and Thaiphoon Burner assist me in diagnosing my module SPD corruption - and the problems it was causing.

It basically boils down to writing to the SPD in the course of controlling RGB's on the memory - conflicts then arise and bad things happen. Some say the problem is the idea of allowing any writing to a modules SPD is inherently flawed. Others think the problem could be solved if G.Skill and Aura adhered to the same Mutex as other applications. That is above my pay grade for sure.

RedRay has shown the problem with his SIV64X application. Personally, I would not run either G.Skill software or Aura if I were using G.Skill RGB modules until the people at Asus / G.Skill get this sorted. Also it is apparently not limited to Asus motherboards, so a caution to all..

ciccoman PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 5930k

Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    In Aura, are you selecting the synchronization box on the upper left? You need that box selected to get all of your RGB compatible components to show. If it is set independent only the motherboard will show.
    Yes. Even in the sync box only the motherboard is shown.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ciccoman View Post
    Yes. Even in the sync box only the motherboard is shown.

Same, sometimes after a boot RAM shows up in the software, sometimes.

ciccoman PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 5930k

Quote Originally Posted by Frikencio View Post
    Same, sometimes after a boot RAM shows up in the software, sometimes.
    I found the problem ...

... the CRC was corrupt. I used Thaiphoon Burner to rewrite SPD and now rams are correctly detected ... everytime
    Last edited by ciccoman; 05-01-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast