cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Aura and G.Skill trident Z rgb memory led problems

jbasemoine
Level 9
Hi there,

So 2 day's ago i installed the latest Aura software from asus.
I does work better then the previous version of aura butt still running into some issue's, i'm going to discribe my isseu's below.

Isseu 1
When i unsync the memory the LED'S of my memory are off, the only way to re enable them is to resync them (though this does not work always neede to do this 12 times before they where on again)

Isseu 2
I cannot set the LED'S of my ram on a different effects (breathing, comet, rainbow static etc..) as my motherboard i would like my motherboard to be static and my ram LED's i want to set in rainbow, this is not possible with aura, not even when i unsyc them!

Isseu 3
When i click on the Independent tap (i thought i could solve isseu nr 2 in this tap) only let's me decide what happens to the LED when system is shut down (i want them to be off so that i can sleep :P)

Isseu 4
all LED'S go out when i installed G.Skill trident Z RGB software (g.skills "aura" app for ram LED'S), i hoped that i could set the motherboard LED's to static (whit aura) and then set ram (through g.skill software) on raibow effect, this resulted in all LED'S not working.

Isseu 5
When G.Skill software to control LED'S of ram is installed with Aura as well both programs won't start, aura will fail to start and g.skill software won't find any trident z ram.
No matter if you install aura first and the g.skill (or vice versa) both are in conflict with each other (i just read on g.skill website that this is a know problem)

Isseu 6
Aura crashes often when i open aura, need to start application multiple times before it works, when it crashes all LED turn off, when (after multiple try's) aura does start, LED'S won't turn on a full system reboot is required.

Isseu 7
When ram and motherboard LED'S are synced there not synced, for example, while motherboard LED'S are green the ram LED'S are purple, when motherboard LED'S are purple ram LED'S are blue etc......
Only on static there in sync whit all other effect's there not in sync.

isseu 8
Some of the effect's don't work proper (kinda the same isseu as isseu 7 but sill diffrent :P) while the effect was set on Music, motherboard reacted properly to music, while Ram was static, whit comet effect ram started fading in and out, motherboard led's where flashing (i did not look properly).

I don't know if i'm the only one whit theses isseu's but i'm hoping that asus aura let's me set 2 diffrent effect's at least 1 for motherboard (static :P) and 1 for RAM (rainbow :D).
Also i hope Aura will become more stable, but i'm sure it will with future updates!
49 REPLIES 49

ciccoman
Level 7
I also have problems with these rams. In my case, Aura software does not detect installed modules. Could it be a problem with windows 10 creator update? Is there a way to force detection?

mdzcpa
Level 12
Do not install the Gskill software. It hoses things up. Aura can handle the Trident Z RGB sticks as you program them, or you can run them default at rainbow without the Gskill software.

When you are in Aura, and you unlink the memory and the ram LEDs go out, just close Aura and reboot the system. The memory will re-light back to rainbow.

This is how I have my system running. My mobo and GFX cards run a solid color with the ram on rainbow.

EDIT - this in on my Hero IX, but thought it would still apply as it is an Asus Aura/Gskill Z RGB issue.

Same here on Windows 10 and a ASUS Rampage V Edition 10. But I have Aura set to Rainbow and the DIMMs are of course doing their own thing. But, I have to admit that the colorful contrast actually has "made" my system. I have received numerous compliments on this "flaw".

Same here on Windows 10 and a ASUS Rampage V Edition 10. But I have Aura set to Rainbow and the DIMMs are of course doing their own thing. But, I have to admit that the colorful contrast actually has "made" my system. I have received numerous compliments on this "flaw".

mdzcpa wrote:
Do not install the Gskill software. It hoses things up. Aura can handle the Trident Z RGB sticks as you program them, or you can run them default at rainbow without the Gskill software.

When you are in Aura, and you unlink the memory and the ram LEDs go out, just close Aura and reboot the system. The memory will re-light back to rainbow.

This is how I have my system running. My mobo and GFX cards run a solid color with the ram on rainbow.

EDIT - this in on my Hero IX, but thought it would still apply as it is an Asus Aura/Gskill Z RGB issue.

I just installed only Aura software now but the rams are not detected. The rgb leds work in rainbow mode, but from the Aura panel I can't do anything because the RAM image does not appear.

Inviato dal mio Pixel utilizzando Tapatalk

ciccoman wrote:
I just installed only Aura software now but the rams are not detected. The rgb leds work in rainbow mode, but from the Aura panel I can't do anything because the RAM image does not appear.

In Aura, are you selecting the synchronization box on the upper left? You need that box selected to get all of your RGB compatible components to show. If it is set independent only the motherboard will show.

mdzcpa wrote:
In Aura, are you selecting the synchronization box on the upper left? You need that box selected to get all of your RGB compatible components to show. If it is set independent only the motherboard will show.

Yes. Even in the sync box only the motherboard is shown.

ciccoman wrote:
Yes. Even in the sync box only the motherboard is shown.

Same, sometimes after a boot RAM shows up in the software, sometimes.

Frikencio wrote:
Same, sometimes after a boot RAM shows up in the software, sometimes.

I found the problem ...

... the CRC was corrupt. I used Thaiphoon Burner to rewrite SPD and now rams are correctly detected ... everytime 🙂