Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    New ROGer Array

Exclamation Crosshair VI Hero + G Skill Trident Z RGB Problems

I am having a similar problem to others on this thread. I have G Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb (2 x 8gb) C16 3600mhz RAM and the Crosshair VI Hero.

When I populate slots A2 and B2 with my RAM, I can boot into Windows but both the BIOS and Windows only see 8gb. Windows actually sees 7.93gb available out of 16gb, so at least it recognizes the other RAM stick exists. When I populate just slot A2 with either stick by itself, I can still boot into Windows. When I populate slot B2 with either stick by itself, I can't post and get Q-Code 0d along with the amber light.

Thaiphoon Burner sees both sticks correctly and usually sees no corruption, but sometimes the Comparator tool sees one stick as a huge mess if I switch to it from the other stick. I think it's a glitch b/c it doesn't even allow me to find a relevant RAM dump when this happens.

I should also mention that the stick that is recognized, whether alone or with the other one, is seen as 3000mhz rated speed instead of 3600mhz by both the BIOS and Windows.

There also seems to be duplicate USB Devices seen by the BIOS (4 keyboards, 2 mice, 2 flash drives, wtf?)

I'm trying to figure out whether this is a mobo or a RAM issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by nicduch View Post
    how to write in thaipoon Burner ??? the write button aren't present....

Attachment 65737
    You need to purchase the program

New ROGer Array raratork PC Specs
    raratork PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800X
    Memory (part number)32GB G Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING iCX, 11 Go
    Monitor2x HP OMEN 27" 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB
    Storage #2SanDisk SSD Ultra II 960GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken x52
    CaseCorsair Crystal 570X
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750x
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G403
    Headset Logitech G533
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 Corsair Commander Pro + LED
    Accessory #2 Corsair HD120 x6

Quote Originally Posted by ciccoman View Post
    - Step 1, download the appropriate spd from Thaiphoon Burner:

- Step2, write spd:

- Step 3, enjoy

PS.: You have to buy the program.
    You sir, have saved my day. Thank you ! I accidentally said yes to an EZUpdate of the BIOS, made me go from BIOS 1201 to 1403 and killed 2 RAM sticks at the same time.
    It was still displayed on the Task Manager "16,1 Hardware Reserved" but wasn't used by the system.

I had lost 3 RAM sticks in about 2 months and was really wondering what was killing those sticks and how I could prevent it. I have uninstalled Aura to prevent new occurrences and fixed the issue on my current sticks using your short but extremely useful tutorial. I was very reluctant to pay 17€ for something I wasn't sure would work, but had I sent the sticks back to G-Skill I'd be with 8GB for a whole month, paying about the same money to send the package.
    It took bare minutes and completely solved this mystery.

if you're ever cruising this forum to fix issues on your G-Skill Trident Z RGB/CrossHair VI Hero, check first that your SPD record is indeed corrupted (use the comparator tool included in the free version of the software and look for errors in the CRC check). If so this solution provided by @ciccoman will probably be a life/time saver.

New ROGer Array siftycat PC Specs
    siftycat PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 1700X
    Memory (part number)CMR16GX4M@C3466C16
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    Storage #1Intel 600P 256gb
    Storage #2Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb
    CPU CoolerEKWB/Bitspower/Touchaqua custom loop
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX
    Power SupplyEVGA G2 750w
    Keyboard SteelSeries Apex M500 Blue
    Mouse Roccat Kova
    Headset Kingston HyperX Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by raratork View Post
    You sir, have saved my day. Thank you ! I accidentally said yes to an EZUpdate of the BIOS, made me go from BIOS 1201 to 1403 and killed 2 RAM sticks at the same time.
    It was still displayed on the Task Manager "16,1 Hardware Reserved" but wasn't used by the system.

I had lost 3 RAM sticks in about 2 months and was really wondering what was killing those sticks and how I could prevent it. I have uninstalled Aura to prevent new occurrences and fixed the issue on my current sticks using your short but extremely useful tutorial. I was very reluctant to pay 17€ for something I wasn't sure would work, but had I sent the sticks back to G-Skill I'd be with 8GB for a whole month, paying about the same money to send the package.
    It took bare minutes and completely solved this mystery.

if you're ever cruising this forum to fix issues on your G-Skill Trident Z RGB/CrossHair VI Hero, check first that your SPD record is indeed corrupted (use the comparator tool included in the free version of the software and look for errors in the CRC check). If so this solution provided by @ciccoman will probably be a life/time saver.
    no, don't. take the ram back to the store, because messing with the spd like this invalidates the warranty. unless g.skill and asus get flooded with products that have been ruined by their half-arsed attempt at ricing PCs, they'll never fix it. do yourselves a favour and get your hardware from companies that don't release it with software that breaks it.

New ROGer Array JGFozzy PC Specs
    JGFozzy PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS maximus IX Hero
    Processori7 7000k
    Memory (part number)GSKILL Trident 32gb
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX 1080 oc
    Monitorsamsung 4k uhd
    Storage #1samsung 960 pro m.2
    Storage #2samsung 850 evo
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    CaseNZXT Noctis 450 ROG
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard logitech
    Mouse logitech
    OS win 10 64

Same problem with aura since bios update

Same here my new build pc and AURA will not recognise 3 sticks of GSkill ram since bios update. Im not going to use thiphoone burner as it invalidates them , but im pissed that asus cant solve this problem as they say they are compatible. I've tried uninstall and clearing of cmos but nothing seems to work.

ROG Junior Member Array

Having problems with my G.Skill RGB Trident Z Ram. 32gb Kit (2 x 16gb) CL14.
    Asus ROG Maximus Hero X (wifi A/C).
    Latest Bios
    and only using Asus Aura Sync. No G.Skill software on this computer.

Using the Rainbow mode on slow setting.

The RGB works for a while, but after a while (maybe after the computer has been in sleep mode), the LEDs color changing starts to slow down and looks really glitchy and choppy. And after a little while more (maybe after another sleep) the colors stop changing at all. Motherboard RGB continues to work fine but the RAM sticks RGB becomes frozen

ROG Junior Member Array Rickman2k PC Specs
    Rickman2k PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)never had one
    MotherboardROG Asus Crosshair Vi Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 1800x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ 8Gig X 2
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GTX 670
    Sound Cardon the MB
    MonitorBENQ 24"
    Storage #1WD 250Gig SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master 114
    CaseCM Stacker 300
    Power SupplyCM 850W
    Keyboard Logitech
    Mouse Logitech
    Headset NA
    Mouse Pad NA
    Headset/Speakers Logitech
    OS Windows 10 64bit
    Network RouterNetGear
    Accessory #1 Asus DVD
    Accessory #2 USB front panel

Aura and G.Skill problems

namely a problem that won't install the Arua control panel. I get this "Does not support this operating system WNT_6.1H_64

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ciccoman View Post
    - Step 1, download the appropriate spd from Thaiphoon Burner:

- Step2, write spd:

- Step 3, enjoy

PS.: You have to buy the program.
    Hi I bought thaiphoon, But it did not sync up my lights as I hoped, but it is showing CRC- Error when I have aura sync running, But CRC is OK when I turn off the lights, Any ideas.

ROG Junior Member Array

having same problems with Gskill and aura, Nothing helps and taiphoon said that i have no crc Errors. the solution was to hit the "refresh" button in the top in asus aura.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5