Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

calle pass

Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    Do not install the Gskill software. It hoses things up. Aura can handle the Trident Z RGB sticks as you program them, or you can run them default at rainbow without the Gskill software.

When you are in Aura, and you unlink the memory and the ram LEDs go out, just close Aura and reboot the system. The memory will re-light back to rainbow.

This is how I have my system running. My mobo and GFX cards run a solid color with the ram on rainbow.
    Attachment 64275

EDIT - this in on my Hero IX, but thought it would still apply as it is an Asus Aura/Gskill Z RGB issue.
    I did what you discebed multiple times it does not work for me, once aura turned off the led's of ram ther off no matter how many times i reboot.
    I tried whit latest aura software and earlier releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Celty2 View Post
    To all using Aura with G.Skill Trident RGB memory:

I would strongly suggest checking your SPD information on each stick frequently. Look for any discrepancies. There is an issue with both Aura or the G.Skill software corrupting the SPD's on this memory due to conflicts that arise. I wound up returning these modules due to this problem. Others are a bit more adventurous and re-flashing their module's SPD's using Thaiphoon Burner.

I had help from the fellow users, and the authors of HWiNFO64 and Thaiphoon Burner assist me in diagnosing my module SPD corruption - and the problems it was causing.

It basically boils down to writing to the SPD in the course of controlling RGB's on the memory - conflicts then arise and bad things happen. Some say the problem is the idea of allowing any writing to a modules SPD is inherently flawed. Others think the problem could be solved if G.Skill and Aura adhered to the same Mutex as other applications. That is above my pay grade for sure.

RedRay has shown the problem with his SIV64X application. Personally, I would not run either G.Skill software or Aura if I were using G.Skill RGB modules until the people at Asus / G.Skill get this sorted. Also it is apparently not limited to Asus motherboards, so a caution to all..
    How do i know that my SPD is corrupted !? can you please post what i need to do/look for to determine the corruption ?

ROG Member Array ciccoman PC Specs
    ciccoman PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i7 5930k
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK16GX4M4A2800C16 Black
    Graphics Card #1Asus Matrix-GTX980-P-4GD5
    Graphics Card #2Asus Matrix-GTX980-P-4GD5
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Plextor PX-G512M6E
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H110
    CaseCorsair Graphite 760T Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860
    OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 update

Quote Originally Posted by jbasemoine View Post
    How do i know that my SPD is corrupted !? can you please post what i need to do/look for to determine the corruption ?
    See my last post in the previous page

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ciccoman View Post
    I found the problem ...

... the CRC was corrupt. I used Thaiphoon Burner to rewrite SPD and now rams are correctly detected ... everytime
    All my 4 DIMMs show CRC error but I have no clue how I can fix this. Should I RMA the DIMMs or can you tell me how to fix it with Thaiphoon Burner?
    Also 1 of my DIMMs shows that it is only 1GB instead of 8GB like the other 3. Is this something that happens because of the CRC error or just because the DIMM is broken?

ROG Member Array ciccoman PC Specs
    ciccoman PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i7 5930k
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK16GX4M4A2800C16 Black
    Graphics Card #1Asus Matrix-GTX980-P-4GD5
    Graphics Card #2Asus Matrix-GTX980-P-4GD5
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Plextor PX-G512M6E
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H110
    CaseCorsair Graphite 760T Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860
    OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 update

Quote Originally Posted by mrmightyerik View Post
    All my 4 DIMMs show CRC error but I have no clue how I can fix this. Should I RMA the DIMMs or can you tell me how to fix it with Thaiphoon Burner?
    Also 1 of my DIMMs shows that it is only 1GB instead of 8GB like the other 3. Is this something that happens because of the CRC error or just because the DIMM is broken?
    - Step 1, download the appropriate spd from Thaiphoon Burner:

- Step2, write spd:

- Step 3, enjoy

PS.: You have to buy the program.

ROG Enthusiast Array Celty2 PC Specs
    Celty2 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crossfire Hero VI
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3600 F4-3600C16D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5*
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS VE278
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe MZ-V6E500BW
    Storage #2HGST Deskstar NAS 3.5" 4TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i GT
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P400S PH-EC416PSTG
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 R
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterNetgear R7000

Quote Originally Posted by jbasemoine View Post
    The place to start can be as simple as using CPU-Z and looking at the SPD information for each stick. Any odd discrepancies is a warning that something is wrong. You can also use HWiNFO and run debug mode to generate detailed log files. And as mentioned you can use Thaiphoon Burner to spot issues.

The author of Thaiphoon Burner - Voodoo Jungle - has recently issued a new version that is very helpful, for diagnosing this issue in the free version:

"Hey guys, I've just updated the free edition of Thaiphoon Burner to v10.1.0.0 build 0502 to let you compare SPD dumps with the Comporator tool. This will help you assess the corruption rate of SPD of your G.SKILL Trident Z RGB modules. Below is a screenshot that displays a critical corruption rate.

Link

As you can see, the first part of SPD (Bytes 0x00 - 0xFF) is significantly corrupted and needs to be reprogram as soon as possible since it contains important data on timing delays, clock cycle times, DRAM and module physical parameters, etc. The second part (Bytes 0x100 - 0x1FF) is untouched and it contains XMP profiles, module's part number, DRAM and module manufacturer ID, serial number, production date.
    Edited by Voodoo Jungle - 5/2/17 at 1:49am"

Hope this helpful.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ciccoman View Post
    - Step 1, download the appropriate spd from Thaiphoon Burner:

- Step2, write spd:

- Step 3, enjoy

PS.: You have to buy the program.
    This is a VERY helpful tutorial, I am indeed going to bookmark this page in the event that I run into additional problems... I also fell victim to the Aura software. It worked perfect for the lighting control, but corrupted my SPD and also caused random crashes during gaming. Another issue peeked its head, where the DRAM limited itself to 7.93GB Available/16GB. Not good!! I was aware of the Thaiphoon Burner software, but I didn't realize they had a data library to restore the DRAM configs to default. That seems worth the price of admission, that is some good software!!

So, sadly on my end I wound up doing an RMA on the DRAM modules, to have a replacement sent of the same product. I sent the package last Friday and it looks like they will be arriving this Thursday. Pending a quick RMA and expedited shipping, this puts me at middle of next week. This is not a fun process, and I would have much rather "rolled the dice" on some software to restore the DRAM firmware. I feel ASUS should release a restoration software or patch to perform the same function the Thaiphoon software is performing. It is unfortunate, because this is NOT an isolated few cases. (
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14357) This is actually a widespread problem, and a ton of G.Skill memory is being damaged due to (official release) software for synchronize lighting. Also, I have not downloaded any other lighting control software that would have caused conflict.

I am going to attach a photo to show you what happened on my end:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3026331.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	333.8 KB 
ID:	64517

Quote Originally Posted by AUStheWOLF View Post
    This is a VERY helpful tutorial, I am indeed going to bookmark this page in the event that I run into additional problems... I also fell victim to the Aura software. It worked perfect for the lighting control, but corrupted my SPD and also caused random crashes during gaming. Another issue peeked its head, where the DRAM limited itself to 7.93GB Available/16GB. Not good!! I was aware of the Thaiphoon Burner software, but I didn't realize they had a data library to restore the DRAM configs to default. That seems worth the price of admission, that is some good software!!

So, sadly on my end I wound up doing an RMA on the DRAM modules, to have a replacement sent of the same product. I sent the package last Friday and it looks like they will be arriving this Thursday. Pending a quick RMA and expedited shipping, this puts me at middle of next week. This is not a fun process, and I would have much rather "rolled the dice" on some software to restore the DRAM firmware. I feel ASUS should release a restoration software or patch to perform the same function the Thaiphoon software is performing. It is unfortunate, because this is NOT an isolated few cases. (
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14357) This is actually a widespread problem, and a ton of G.Skill memory is being damaged due to (official release) software for synchronize lighting. Also, I have not downloaded any other lighting control software that would have caused conflict.

I am going to attach a photo to show you what happened on my end:

Name:	3026331.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	333.8 KB 
ID:	64517
    Thank you for the guide, it did help with fixing me my ram without sending it RMA, though i am gonna monitor the ram closely if there are any problems with i'm gonna RMA the hell out of it :P
    Thaipoon told me i had a CRC error, after closely inspecting CPUZ i found out that there was something wrong indeed, even though my ram was running at 3200 mhz and work properly the number that came up on CpuZ where alle messed up.
    On stick 1 (slot 2) all data was correct, brand name, amount of ram, XMP 2.0 profile was all good but i only had 2 reading with time table (forgot which on) even though the 2 reading where correct is hould get 4 right ?
    On stick 2 (slot 4) all was a fricking mess, the Brand name was correct, the amound of ram was correct but everything else was wrong CpuZ did not fin any XMP proflie on stick 2 and even though time table did get 4 timings they where al real low and incorrect!
    So there where 2 things i could do 1RMA the **** out of the ram, the store which i purchase it form will first check it them selfs (they claim that they have proffesionals that can test it all perfectly, what they mean to say is we have 16 year old pimple faced teenager whit greezy hair that will inster the ram in a testing amchine, if the machine will boot than ram is fine :S) it's a good shop don't get me wrong there pirces are low most of the time have good shiping but there after sale can be alot better if you ask me!
    If i RMA it there is a biig change the shop will return the ram without fixing or claim that is my own wrong doing and there for they wil not repair or replace it, so before going into this battle with then i thought to myself what is teh worst that can happen if i mess things up with Thaipoon, if thaipoon goes wrong i can tell them a diffent story :P and they are going to see wrong readings when the 16 year old is gonna test it!
    So i did option 2 purchase Thaipoon a year subscirption and against al my expectationt it FING worked!
    Ram speed is working no more error, timings are all correct, both ram stick have xmp 2.0, and all is working as it should!
    Though as paranoid as i am i immediatly tried 3dmark and tried 2 games (real quick though maybay played 10 min total war warhammer) and geus what! i reacieved 5 to 8 more FPS now and with 3d mark (time spy benchmark) i got 38 to 42 more points then before!
    So far all is good and i think thaipoon really helped me out this time (and thanks to this guide i could do it!! so a millioen thnx for the guide!!!!!!!!).
    No when i boot or reboot my pc ram speed is correct and all seem te be working perfectly, if i will get any ram or memory problems i wil RMA it (maybe i will flash it wrong SPD just to mess with shop and not having al kinds arguments with them :P)
    For now i skipped RMA it back resukting with me not having a pc for the duration fo the RMA and BIG change SPD will get messed up again thank deu AURA.
    I read on G.Skill forum i'm not the only one whit these problems, g,skil is aware of these problems! and there looking for a solution, in my opinion either asus should make a programto reflash/restore ram or g.skill should make such a prograam at least one these company's should need to take full responsebilty because there software/hardware i causing these problems not us consumers!

Anyway i would like to give a BIG THANK to ASUStheWOLF for the guide and these reply's!!!! THANK YOU DUDE (or madame)!!!
    I wil post a screenshot of CPUz and Thaipoon read tomorrow when i my nightshift if over and i'm back home with the results!!!!!

Name:	Cpuz memory.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	64558Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cpuz memory slot 2.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	64559Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cpuz memory slot 4.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	64560

looking at the first screenshot it tells me TRC is 75 clocks on the other screen shots TRC is lower... is this normal behaiver ?

Name:	Cpuz memory slot 4.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	64565

(sorry uploaded a wong picture in previous reply)
    Last edited by jbasemoine; 05-11-2017 at 07:00 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast