cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vg248qe + gtx 1080 ti fe

Kyuuba
Level 7
Hello guys, i am very tempted to buy a GTX 1080 ti FE that has no DVI native port included but as far as i know Nvidia is offering a DVI adapter, i currently own the monitor listed VG248QE that offers 144 Hz but only through the DVI port however, will my monitor reach the 144 Hz using this adapter ?
Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5

Kyuuba
Level 7
Not even an Asus help here?
Outstanding!

InternetOwl
Level 8
Okay. A Display Port to DVI adapter will work with that monitor to give you 144Hz.

InternetOwl wrote:
Okay. A Display Port to DVI adapter will work with that monitor to give you 144Hz.

Thank you for the answer bro, well, i bought a DP to DP cable from Accell on Amazon and it works very well, it was a blind test, i wasn't sure it would work, i don't have yet the 1080 ti so i tested it with my current 780 ti, since it worked i'm ditching the DVI cable for good.

Marcello_S
Level 7
For higher refresh rates like 144 Hz I highly suggest you to use exclusively the DP cable, as it is 3D Vision Ready experience with that refresh rate.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Kyuuba,

Sorry for the delayed response. Recommend to use a DP cable, that way you don't need to be concerned if the cable and adaptor are dual-link.