cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom BCLK with Custom P State

Theagg
Level 7
If I read correctly, Custom BCLK with custom P State is supported from bios 079 ?

However after experimenting, I can't get this to work.

Example, with no custom P State set, I have a manual OC at 4.015Ghz, with 110 BCLK and 36.5 multiplier. Memory at 2933Mhz (DOCP 5)

That works fine.

But when I try to set up a custom 4Ghz P State and then set a custom BCLK as above (in order to get the memory running at 2933), the system won't boot. In fact no matter what custom BCLK value I try, no matter what memory speed I select, even slow settings below that 2933mhz. System just wont boot. It will only boot with a custom P state with full auto settings in the tweaker section. Custom BCLK with custom P state for me = no go at all.

Any suggestions ? Does custom BCLK with custom P State still not work, is there some setting I am missing. Very odd ?
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Theagg

See if this helps you.

https://hardforum.com/threads/ryzen-pstate-overclocking-method-calculation-and-calculator.1928648/

I've been keeping an eye on that thread, nothing specific as regards custom BCLK with custom P state thats helping yet.

And yes, Crosshair VI.

System is 1800X, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200, with ye olde R9 290X GPU.

Theagg wrote:
I've been keeping an eye on that thread, nothing specific as regards custom BCLK with custom P state thats helping yet.

And yes, Crosshair VI.

System is 1800X, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200, with ye olde R9 290X GPU.

Same here, everything else about pstates works as expected. According to that thread the OP got BLCK to work as well.. for me touching BLCK always breaks pstates (83 and 1003 test bios).

frellingfahrbot wrote:
Same here, everything else about pstates works as expected. According to that thread the OP got BLCK to work as well.. for me touching BLCK always breaks pstates (83 and 1003 test bios).

Yep, for me with a custom P state set, I have to set AI overclock tuner to 'auto' to get P states to work, but the RAM defaults to 2133. If I use any other option from the AI overclock drop down in an attempt to up my memory to the previous 2933, with a custom P State, the system won't boot ?! (But it worked fine with auto P state, 2933mhz, with my manual overclock and custom BCLK,) This on bios 082

Solved and all working now. My mistake in setting the wrong FID in the P state section, based on the CPU speed being displayed there. In the process forgetting its the FID x BCLK that gives the actual CPU speed. So in setting A0 as FID (which then displayed 4ghz in the P state freq window), then BCLK as 110, in actuality I was attempting to boot a 4.4ghz overclock..no wonder it wouldn't boot ! Correct FID being 92, then all was fine and P state 0 now working as set.