Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    6 Beeeps Maximus V formula.

    Hello, Suddenly 2 days ago when i turn on the pc the motherboard launch me 6 beeps and loop when the counter go to 4F.

    I try all...
    Quit all components.
    Test another power source.
    Test individual Rams.
    Try upload a new bios.
    Try all possible starts....

    And nothing... 6 tones loop every time when the counter show the code 4F... i dont know what more i can do.
    The manual dont show nothing about 6 tones.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    ROG Member Array McDown PC Specs
    McDown PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VI Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 4770k
    Memory (part number)Mushkin Redline 16Gb {4x4Gb)
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 980 4Gb
    Sound CardCreative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
    MonitorAsus ProArt PA248
    CPU CoolerCustom WC
    CaseSilverstone TJ07
    Power SupplyCorsair AX850
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Sennheiser PC 360
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-2300
    OS Windows 7 Pro
    McDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    I think your CPU is dead.

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    THe CPU or the Mother? the 6 beeps dont appear in the manual -.-

  4. #4
    Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U
    Nate152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Reputation
    308
    Posts
    16,359

    Hi Lobofeo

    When you say you tried to update the bios was the update successful ?

    Did the bios update take about 90 seconds to complete ?

    Have you cleared the cmos ?

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post
    Hi Lobofeo

    When you say you tried to update the bios was the update successful ?

    Did the bios update take about 90 seconds to complete ?

    Have you cleared the cmos ?
    yes, i clear with the button, when i put the pendrive with the bios, renamed like the manual says, the light stay in red forever and dont make nothing.

    only make the 6 tones and enter in a loop.

  6. #6
    Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U
    Nate152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Reputation
    308
    Posts
    16,359

    It sounds like the update is completing.

    1) Format an empty usb flash drive to .FAT32
    2) Download the latest bios for your motherboard from the ASUS Support Center
    3) Extract the bios file to the usb flash drive
    4) Rename the bios file to M5F.CAP
    5) Insert the usb flash drive into the ROG Connect port
    6) Press and hold the bios flashback button until it starts to flash then release. The flashing should slowly get faster then stop and should take about 90 seconds.
    7) When flashing stops, start your pc.

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Solved

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post
    It sounds like the update is completing.

    1) Format an empty usb flash drive to .FAT32
    2) Download the latest bios for your motherboard from the ASUS Support Center
    3) Extract the bios file to the usb flash drive
    4) Rename the bios file to M5F.CAP
    5) Insert the usb flash drive into the ROG Connect port
    6) Press and hold the bios flashback button until it starts to flash then release. The flashing should slowly get faster then stop and should take about 90 seconds.
    7) When flashing stops, start your pc.


    Well, i try the last procedure again... i maked it 10 or more times, but i see a little thing this time... in the useless manual you can read: "Rename to MV5.CAP" that is wrong.... and its wrong too add the .CAP too! The file coming .CAP from the download source!

    This time i rename only to M5F and the system work! Thanks soo much to all.

  8. #8
    Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U
    Nate152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Reputation
    308
    Posts
    16,359

    You're welcome

    Great to hear you got the bios flash to work !

  9. #9
    ROG Enthusiast Array wa3pnt PC Specs
    wa3pnt PC Specs
    MotherboardFormulas VII
    Processori7-4790
    Graphics Card #1Poseidon
    MonitorPlanar 27" Touch & Sony 27"
    Storage #1Intel 500GB SSD
    Storage #2(3) Intel 250GB SSDs
    CPU CoolerWater
    CaseCL S8
    Power SupplyRM1000
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterNumerous Netgear
    wa3pnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobofeo View Post
    Well, i try the last procedure again... i maked it 10 or more times, but i see a little thing this time... in the useless manual you can read: "Rename to MV5.CAP" that is wrong.... and its wrong too add the .CAP too! The file coming .CAP from the download source!

    This time i rename only to M5F and the system work! Thanks soo much to all.
    Unless you have your system set up to show fie extensions, you will not see the ".CAP" in the file name.

    If you renamed the file "MV5.CAP", it is quite possible that the actual file name wound up being "MV5.CAP.CAP", and that would not work.

    When you changed the name to "MV5" I believe that the actual file name was "MV5.CAP", and the update worked.

    RodeoGeorge

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •