cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for noobs?

Klute_Onren
Level 9
Just had a random thought, would it be useful to have a thread dedicated to "you should probably know this" or what not?

Example: understand that many clocking software sites have fake download "ads" and you need to double check that it's the actual file otherwise you will almost definitely get a virus. Queue hovering over link and looking in bottom left corner to see if the link is official.
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
Hi Klute_0nren

Besides the ASUS Support Center and the Nvidia website I download things from either Guru3d.com, Techpowerup, Softpedia and MajorGeeks is ok too. I'm sure there are others that are safe but these are the ones I use.

I never got a virus from those sites.

xeromist
We do have stickies for frequently discussed topics but generally limit them to ASUS specific things and mostly relevant hardware advice in each sub-forum. If we tried to advise people as to everything they should avoid on the Internet actual discussion would be buried by stickies 😄

Your heart is in the right place though.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…