ROG Member Array exwound PC Specs
    exwound PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus B85M-E
    Processori5 4460
    Graphics Card #1Palit Jetstream 1060 6GB
    Sound CardAsus Strix Soar FW 1.03
    Power SupplyFSP ATX-500PNR

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano V. View Post
    I have the same problem. I use the Razer Tiamat 7.1v2 and i havent been able to truly enjoy them since there is no bass whem im playing games.
    Don't know why ASUS made drivers for Soar/Pro/DLX worse than for Xonar. There's no working upmix for browsers, there's no LFE crossover in Sonic Studio.

New ROGer Array

I´m adding myself to the growing list of Your anxious consumers that are highly curious about the development of this topic ..

When will be this FLEXBASS option added in the drivers of Your RAID DLX sound card ???

Let me inform You that it is sorely missed (previous card I used was cheapish Xonar DGX, had this and worked flawlessly with the 2+1 speaker configuration) and my patience with Your unresponsiveness is growing ever so thin and tired. Frankly It is actually quite mind-boggling, that You have missed to add this in the first place - it is one of the more basic functions of the dedicated surround-capable sound card, and Your RAID DLX is a premium card of this very sort.
    Please, Dear people of Asus, don´t let this "tiny (yet important!) omission" be the reason I will be forced to sell Your card and be sour about Your lacking pro-consumer attitude.

Thank You, for Your kind reaction and prompt (for it´s taking too long already)
    resolution of this unfortunate situation.

Simon Pavlovsky
    Last edited by iecoie; 03-24-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iecoie View Post
    I´m adding myself to the growing list of Your anxious consumers that are highly curious about the development of this topic ..

When will be this FLEXBASS option added in the drivers of Your RAID DLX sound card ???

Let me inform You that it is sorely missed (previous card I used was cheapish Xonar DGX, had this and worked flawlessly with the 2+1 speaker configuration) and my patience with Your unresponsiveness is growing ever so thin and tired. Frankly It is actually quite mind-boggling, that You have missed to add this in the first place - it is one of the more basic functions of the dedicated surround-capable sound card, and Your RAID DLX is a premium card of this very sort.
    Please, Dear people of Asus, don´t let this "tiny (yet important!) omission" be the reason I will be forced to sell Your card and be sour about Your lacking pro-consumer attitude.

Thank You, for Your kind reaction and prompt (for it´s taking too long already)
    resolution of this unfortunate situation.

Simon Pavlovsky
    Some time has certainly passed since this thread was created, however during this time, only six people have requested for FlexBass. Although a decision was made to omit the function, we will review this decision. Thanks for your constructive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano V. View Post
    I have the same problem. I use the Razer Tiamat 7.1v2 and i havent been able to truly enjoy them since there is no bass whem im playing games.
    Game support is important. Not much anyone can do when no signal is sent down the 0.1 (subwoofer) channel, and rerouting all low frequencies to the subwoofer channel means you won't have true 7.1 anymore. Nevertheless, bass is important no matter what you're listening to imo.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Some time has certainly passed since this thread was created, however during this time, only six people have requested for FlexBass. Although a decision was made to omit the function, we will review this decision. Thanks for your constructive feedback.
    Even if there is only six people that have requested for the FlexBass in this forums there is a lot of other people with the same problem out there, me personaly have considered selling my sound card and buying another one, yet i've been a huge Asus fan from a long time i hoped for a solution. Plz consider having the option back again, because i've using the card for the past 4 months i woud love to have some bass :S

What is the reason for not using the EQ and Bass Boost controls?

New ROGer Array

i tried, but not every browser suports the Upmix option, even the game that im playing, like OverWatch, Rainbow Six Siege, or Guild Wars 2 seems to work with the upmix. I even reported this to asus support, sended some clips, but no solution.

New ROGer Array

Thank You for Your swift (& lost expectations somewhat reinstalling) reply .. I really do hope, that You will reconsider Your decision with a positive result - chosing to put FlexBass in Your drivers (where it rightfully belongs), bringing Your card´s potential (at least for those of us with combined 2.0 + subwoofer speaker setups) to it´s fuller fruition.
    I´m quite certain, that it would brighten-up day to many (more than mere six "most publicly vocal") costumers of Yours.

Selling of my DLX is put on hold for the time being - while waiting for the update is taking it´s place instead (fingers crossed).
    Please, be so kind to inform us of Your final decision - once reached.

Wishing You pleasant & peaceful Easter Holidays,
    Simon P.
    Last edited by iecoie; 04-02-2018 at 12:25 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

What is the reason for not using the EQ and Bass Boost controls?
    EQ and Bass Boost just like add more Bass to satellite speaker (which make sounds worse), and the subwoofer still not output any bass
    the sub work quiet a bit (it's all mess without flex bass) with 5.1 movie but it sounds overall soo bad compare to phoebus with flex bass (i use phoebus before raid strix dlx)

Quote Originally Posted by spycounter View Post
    EQ and Bass Boost just like add more Bass to satellite speaker (which make sounds worse), and the subwoofer still not output any bass
    the sub work quiet a bit (it's all mess without flex bass) with 5.1 movie but it sounds overall soo bad compare to phoebus with flex bass (i use phoebus before raid strix dlx)

After reviewing the prospect of adding a crossover function such as FlexBass, I regret to inform everyone that we will not be implementing a new function that was not promoted to existing products. We understand that for some people it could be beneficial, but we have already implemented both a Bass Boost function plus a 10-band equalizer to customize low-frequency output. From our tests, low frequencies do not result in distortion - provided that the headset or speakers used can handle it. Upgrading these components will not only improve your listening experience on our sound card, but also anything else you choose to connect them to.

Such a function will certainly be a consideration for future products, we do appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast