Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    After reviewing the prospect of adding a crossover function such as FlexBass, I regret to inform everyone that we will not be implementing a new function that was not promoted to existing products. We understand that for some people it could be beneficial, but we have already implemented both a Bass Boost function plus a 10-band equalizer to customize low-frequency output. From our tests, low frequencies do not result in distortion - provided that the headset or speakers used can handle it. Upgrading these components will not only improve your listening experience on our sound card, but also anything else you choose to connect them to.

Such a function will certainly be a consideration for future products, we do appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.
    Well .. what a bad news that is. But thank You for not prolonging the time before sharing this dissapointing result with us. At least that aspect of Your reply is commendable.
    And on bit of a self-critical note: I should have studied Your card´s list of function most closely and not to naively rely on simple logic of expecting Your "newer, more expensive" SC to support such basic feature of the "older, much cheaper (Xonar DGX) " one.

Practical implication of Your words above is that I ´m going to sell Your SC for it happens to be rather useless for the time being. Combination of my 2.0 speakers (Edifier S1000DB) with subwoofer (Taufel Motiv) is a decent one (that I´m not going to change any time soon), apart for the fact that the sub is factually inactive while paired with DLX.

You wrote that the "function" (crossover/FlexBass) was not "promoted" .. Let me point out, that (in my mind) this crossover function is not to be promoted, but to be "expected as automatically included" or "taken for granted", especially at the premium price point of this (pro-gamers oriented) DLX card!
    It is not a "super-special-extra" feature to pompously advertise, but rather a "simple-basic" one (while being necessary for those of us using a speaker setup close to one mentioned above).

I´m disappointed, but respect Your decision (what else can I do, right?) ..
    But this "mixed" emotions shall be reflected in my future buying preferences going forward - most likely not all that positively towards the Asus brand.
    We shall see (what ´wonders´ Asus and Life in general will produce).

No hard (just a little sour) feelings,
    wishing You nice Spring (Summer etc.),

Simon P.
    Last edited by iecoie; 04-18-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iecoie View Post
    Well .. what a bad news that is. But thank You for not prolonging the time before sharing this dissapointing result with us. At least that aspect of Your reply is commendable.
    And on bit of a self-critical note: I should have studied Your card´s list of function most closely and not to naively rely on simple logic of expecting Your "newer, more expensive" SC to support such basic feature of the "older, much cheaper (Xonar DGX) " one.

Practical implication of Your words above is that I ´m going to sell Your SC for it happens to be rather useless for the time being. Combination of my 2.0 speakers (Edifier S1000DB) with subwoofer (Taufel Motiv) is a decent one (that I´m not going to change any time soon), apart for the fact that the sub is factually inactive while paired with DLX.

You wrote that the "function" (crossover/FlexBass) was not "promoted" .. Let me point out, that (in my mind) this crossover function is not to be promoted, but to be "expected as automatically included" or "taken for granted", especially at the premium price point of this (pro-gamers oriented) DLX card!
    It is not a "super-special-extra" feature to pompously advertise, but rather a "simple-basic" one (while being necessary for those of us using a speaker setup close to one mentioned above).

I´m disappointed, but respect Your decision (what else can I do, right?) ..
    But this "mixed" emotions shall be reflected in my future buying preferences going forward - most likely not all that positively towards the Asus brand.
    We shall see (what ´wonders´ Asus and Life in general will produce).

No hard (just a little sour) feelings,
    wishing You nice Spring (Summer etc.),

Simon P.
    Some disappointment was to be expected from my response, but prolonging the inevitable or keeping everyone in the dark won't help. It is nice of you to spend the time to provide feedback constructively so that we can continue to improve and deliver better products in the future. Like the headphone jack and memory card slot in phones, trying to move forward by removing something is always going to disappoint certain people. Occasionally features are brought back, but the decision lies with the majority.

Personally, I haven't listened to your Edifier speakers, but they appear to be very capable of delivering good sound, even low-end is supposedly impressive without a subwoofer present. You haven't specified exactly which model you have as your subwoofer, but I'm quite confident there's a cost-effective way to make good use of it. Have you considered a pair of RCA splitters?
    https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-U.../dp/B004EBX5GW
    Sometimes you can connect your speakers via the subwoofer.

Unlike 5.1 and 7.1 surround setups, the subwoofer for 2.1 is in fact not an independent channel. Therefore, FlexBass would not be of any benefit to a 2.1 speaker setup such as yours. You are always going to get stereo sound regardless.

Typically, 2.1 sound systems already have crossovers built-in, optimized for the drivers used to avoid distortion or damage to the satellites. If you wish to create your own 2.1 with a separate subwoofer, your Edifier S1000DB speakers have a higher ceiling than most satellites. If bass is what you desire, you're actually getting more without a crossover.

There's always the option of upgrading to 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound by adding matching stereo speakers which will make the most out of the 0.1 channel. It's possible for the subwoofer in a 5.1 or 7.1 setup to have sound effects, while none coming out of any other speakers.

New ROGer Array

Hello
    I bought Tiamat 7.1 v2, I used then on my integrated Creative Recon 3Di 5.1, it worked well, nice for playing games and listening music. It's supported Bass Redirection and Crossover function. But I wanted 7.1, then I chose Asus Strix Soar because my integrated Creative Recon3Di 5.1. I saw on the Asus Strix Soar's box from youtube connection 4 minijacks "Surround out: 7.1 speaker/headphone" and after that I bought it, because I thought it will be fully compatible to my headphones. When I received Soar, I was surprised when I didn't found Bass Redirection and Crossover function, I was very dissapointed. I played ForHonor, Heros of the Storm and etc., actually games using bass channel so rarely, 99% of time without any bass, like u playing with tiny headphones. Bass in music was awfull without Crossover function. Then after 2 days of hard work I found very good software Equalizer APO, and it's totally free, I tuned it and sound started to play so cool. Playing games, listening music, all is awesome now.
    I thougt Bass Redirection and Crossover function is common features, and I never saw any sound cards without that functions, and I didn't thought that I should point on that, but bad things is happens...
    I know about 7.1 or 5.1 systems has build in Bass Management, and it's not important to have it on soundcard, but what to do with headphones? I'm so sad...
    Maybe create poll to check how many people need it on Strix series?0 If it's hard to add that functions. Anyway if someone don't need it then they can turn it off.

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm not native english speaker
    Last edited by Kensaii; 06-24-2018 at 07:44 PM.

ROG Member Array

Its strange.. when I was young there was only 4 (PBS) stations on TV. Now we have the INTERNET and can SEARCH anything..

Yet I READ ASUS say 6 people asked. Yet as I read REVIEWS the LACK of BASS is one of if not the main reason they don't like it. I keep reading review after review about this so I searched here and found this. And lol shocked to read ASUS saying only "6" "SIX". Reviews.. AMAZON alone..

I was jussssst about to buy this.. yet the lack of bass is the reason. And I doubt anyone really gave this THREAD any thought. Look how much TIME had to pass before they answered.

Things ASUS knows about since the launch "static" "grounding" of which is ALL still there. I am only guessing but since it never took off.. not worth fixing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3