cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V extreme won't boot, error code 70

jacobv93
Level 7
Motherboard model: asus rampage v extreme

UEFI Version: maybe 0044(had problems with random crashes from bios this was solution at time)

CPU: Intel i7-5960x

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: CMK 16GX4M4A2800C16R 16GB

GPU: evga gtx titan x

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: Samsung 1tb evo

PSU: Corsair hx 750

USB Devices (model/version number): razor Naga mouse and standard USB keyboard

Monitor: acer GD23SHZ

CPU Cooler: corsair h110

PC CASE: CORSAIR

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes/no? Microsoft 10 activated

Drivers Installed (include version): current versions(can't check won't boot)

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: no

System Overclocked (provide details)? None

Issue: while I was at work a couple days ago the was a power outage while my computer was off(yes I have a Surge protector). Computer boots to "updating bios " screen with an error code 70, reboots after a short while and repeat.
Tried to clear cmos, didn't work. Tried bios flashback but it won't work, no flashing Lights. Tried switching bios both do the same thing. The psu outputs a soft whining sound as well. Tried a second power supply and gpu still the same outcome
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Have you tried switching over to BIOS B and see if your system boots correctly?

Yes I have, it does the same thing. Bios one goes straight to the updating bios screen. Bios 2 sometimes shows the rog logo that you get before bios but takes no inputs and goes to the updating bios screen

Hi,

Did u managed to solve this issue?

Im getting error 68 for about 15sec and then it get stuck to Q-code 70 and stays there until boot.

jacobv93 wrote:
Yes I have, it does the same thing. Bios one goes straight to the updating bios screen. Bios 2 sometimes shows the rog logo that you get before bios but takes no inputs and goes to the updating bios screen

Do you have any external HDDs connected to your system?

Did you ever fix this issue?