cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY plugged in yet battery level down to 76% not charging led flashes amber/green?

Jon_G
Level 10
Any suggestions welcomed. I always have my G751JY plugged in when in use or not and the Windows 10 notebook
battery indicator remained around 94% not charging for over 2 + years w/ the front LED battery indicator solid green.
1 month ago the front LED started flashing amber/green and the Windows 10 battery indicator has been slowly dropping
to 76% not charging? I've unplugged then plugged the AC Adapter back in several times, no change. I've also tried
device manager under Battery to update drivers (both listed Battery drivers already up to date) as well as uninstalled
both Battery drivers in Windows 10 device manager w/ no change. Does this indicate that my always plugged in G751JYs
battery is going bad since the level continues dropping slowly yet isn't charging?
5 REPLIES 5

Julskey
Level 10
Probably a defective power adapter. Try checking the voltage with a volt meter. Should be around 19.5 vdc or slightly higher. If psu has voltage, could be defective charging circuit for battery or defective voltage monitoring from psu?

Julskey wrote:
Probably a defective power adapter. Try checking the voltage with a volt meter. Should be around 19.5 vdc or slightly higher. If psu has voltage, could be defective charging circuit for battery or defective voltage monitoring from psu?

Good suggestion, checked the power adapter & it's fine, so my guess is it's the battery. Despite always being
plugged in perhaps after 2.5 yrs. it's slowly going bad anyway. Since I never run notebook unplugged I'll
probably be fine leaving it this way but if I need to use it unplugged I'll have to RMA unit & pay to have
ASUS Service replace the battery or fix whatever is causing this issue. Thanks.

Rawkhound
Level 7
Try physically taking the battery out and waiting a few minutes then replacing the battery back in ... doing this has fixed the odd problems I've had with my laptop!!

Rawkhound wrote:
Try physically taking the battery out and waiting a few minutes then replacing the battery back in ... doing this has fixed the odd problems I've had with my laptop!!

Hi thanks for your suggestion. The G751JY has an integrated battery so I'd have to take notebook apart to remove the battery.
If I must go that far I'll probably just RMA the notebook & pay to have ASUS Service replace the battery on my unit.

viper3000
Level 7
I have had the same issues. Battery is caput. drain to 0% - Didnt help but you can try. I send my computer to servis 89€(new battery + work) and all is ok for now. If you battery fall down to 0% - you pc will switch off - because - if windows check battery (and it is 0%) windows will switch off your pc still around. (you have to forbid - windows battery manager.