ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

G751JY plugged in yet battery level down to 76% not charging led flashes amber/green?

Any suggestions welcomed. I always have my G751JY plugged in when in use or not and the Windows 10 notebook
    battery indicator remained around 94% not charging for over 2 + years w/ the front LED battery indicator solid green.
    1 month ago the front LED started flashing amber/green and the Windows 10 battery indicator has been slowly dropping
    to 76% not charging? I've unplugged then plugged the AC Adapter back in several times, no change. I've also tried
    device manager under Battery to update drivers (both listed Battery drivers already up to date) as well as uninstalled
    both Battery drivers in Windows 10 device manager w/ no change. Does this indicate that my always plugged in G751JYs
    battery is going bad since the level continues dropping slowly yet isn't charging?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Julskey's Avatar

Probably a defective power adapter. Try checking the voltage with a volt meter. Should be around 19.5 vdc or slightly higher. If psu has voltage, could be defective charging circuit for battery or defective voltage monitoring from psu?

ROG Member Array Rawkhound PC Specs
    Rawkhound PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G73J
    MotherboardMaximus IX Formula (BIOS 0906)
    ProcessorIntel Core I7-7700K
    Memory (part number)F4-4000C18-8GTZ x4
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 TI
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Zx
    MonitorBENQ XL2420T , ASUS VG248QE, Samsung S23A700
    Storage #1Corsair Force GT 180GB
    Storage #2Samsung HD204UI 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 800D CC800DW
    Power SupplySILVERSTONE Strider Platinum series SST-ST1000-PT 1000W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    Headset Audi-Technica ATH-M50
    Headset/Speakers Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87U

Try physically taking the battery out and waiting a few minutes then replacing the battery back in ... doing this has fixed the odd problems I've had with my laptop!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawkhound View Post
    Try physically taking the battery out and waiting a few minutes then replacing the battery back in ... doing this has fixed the odd problems I've had with my laptop!!
    Hi thanks for your suggestion. The G751JY has an integrated battery so I'd have to take notebook apart to remove the battery.
    If I must go that far I'll probably just RMA the notebook & pay to have ASUS Service replace the battery on my unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Julskey View Post
    Probably a defective power adapter. Try checking the voltage with a volt meter. Should be around 19.5 vdc or slightly higher. If psu has voltage, could be defective charging circuit for battery or defective voltage monitoring from psu?
    Good suggestion, checked the power adapter & it's fine, so my guess is it's the battery. Despite always being
    plugged in perhaps after 2.5 yrs. it's slowly going bad anyway. Since I never run notebook unplugged I'll
    probably be fine leaving it this way but if I need to use it unplugged I'll have to RMA unit & pay to have
    ASUS Service replace the battery or fix whatever is causing this issue. Thanks.
    Last edited by Jon G; 04-24-2017 at 11:16 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I have had the same issues. Battery is caput. drain to 0% - Didnt help but you can try. I send my computer to servis 89€(new battery + work) and all is ok for now. If you battery fall down to 0% - you pc will switch off - because - if windows check battery (and it is 0%) windows will switch off your pc still around. (you have to forbid - windows battery manager.