Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post

That screen cap of the wrong model number concerns me though. I'd be interested to see what someone with a red chassis sees. Probably a different model reported but the question is whether there is any practical difference beyond the exterior appearance.
    It's probably a minor detail that was overlooked in production -- it can probably be tweaked in the registry or something. I won't be doing any poking around though for fear of voiding my 2 year warranty. I have yet to use the unit extensively. But the specs are accurate from what I can tell. Correct CPU and GPU, and Memory.

I read a similar case happening to the FX502 which is the gimped version of the GL502. Im not sure if its in this forum but the post said that his FX502 read GL502 So i think this isn't an isolated case.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

As long as the specs are right and it seems to perform well I guess there's no harm then.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

By the way, we now have a new section specifically for product feedback. If you want to provide feedback on the color & style options for PH models this would be the place:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?293
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ex-ASUS Employee Array Eleiyas PC Specs
    Eleiyas PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA
    ProcessorAMD FX 8370
    Memory (part number)Corsair 8GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon HD 6950 - 2G
    MonitorLG Flatron E2240T 21.5'' 1080p Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 1TB 7200RPM 32MB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM 64MB 6GB/s
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith Cooler
    CaseNZXT Lexa S
    Power SupplyCorsair CX600 600W (Bronze)
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless AZERTY
    Mouse Microsoft Wireless
    Headset Evil Witchcraft II Gaming Headset (Black/Red)
    Mouse Pad Wild Wolf Hunter
    Headset/Speakers 4Gamers 2.1 Sound-System
    OS Windows 10 Professional - Creator's
    Network RouterZiggo

It shows GL553 in your systems info because the FX553 and the GL553 are basically the same unit and they share the same mainboard model.

The GL553 is the ROG gamer version with the red and the ROG logo and the FX553 is the standard unit model. You just see more GL553 around than you do FX553.

Again, you don't have the wrong unit or anything ^^

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    By the way, we now have a new section specifically for product feedback. If you want to provide feedback on the color & style options for PH models this would be the place:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?293
    Good to hear -- although I've come to love the simple style that the PH model has. Actually according to someone working with Asus locally -- this model, while being very low key, is actually built better. The model with the red accents is actually built with some kind of plastic. This one is using brushed aluminum, so can't complain in that regard.

And yes, the GL553 issue comes with the territory. The FX553 is using the same mainboard as the GL553 -- so it shouldn't be a problem.

New ROGer Array

Dude! I also have the laptop but with the lower GTX 1050 Ti 2GB configuration (Asus FX553-DM227), I just wanna ask you if you're having any problem with your laptop? especially on slow HDD performance and stuttering while playing games because I was having problems with it, my 5400RPM is performing under expected performance and my laptop also has BSOD earlier, I just bought it on December 24 but until now I was still trying to fix and optimize my laptop, I bought mine at Complink SM Annex branch, mine also have 4GB Ram only. please dude reply ASAP!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyLlama View Post
    Dude! I also have the laptop but with the lower GTX 1050 Ti 2GB configuration (Asus FX553-DM227), I just wanna ask you if you're having any problem with your laptop? especially on slow HDD performance and stuttering while playing games because I was having problems with it, my 5400RPM is performing under expected performance and my laptop also has BSOD earlier, I just bought it on December 24 but until now I was still trying to fix and optimize my laptop, I bought mine at Complink SM Annex branch, mine also have 4GB Ram only. please dude reply ASAP!
    I'm not exactly sure if it's a good idea to bump old threads dating 6 months back but....

I also bought my FX553VE from the same Complink branch 5 months ago, but mine's got an i7, a 4GB 1050 Ti, and 4GB more RAM which I had the sellers install. As far as I remember, I've had 2 BSODs before and it occasionally freezes after booting up and getting to the desktop which means that I'd have to turn it off by using the power button. I was thinking of getting mine an M.2 SSD so that I wouldn't get into any trouble while using it in class and so that I could play PUBG without having to wait for everything to render, but my folks are very skeptical when it comes to me and anything related to computers in general.

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

Before changing to M.2, try to do a fresh install of Windows first. If you're still getting a BSOD then send it back for RMA.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Reset.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	70134

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2