cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rma - possible refurbished gtx 980 strix

fluticasoneuser
Level 7
Update 4/29/17

I sent my defective GTX 980 Strix to ASUS RMA based in Indianapolis and it arrived there on 4/20/17.

I realized that UPS/or other courier will not return a replacement graphic card to my PO Box address. I used the chat support on 4/17/17 to provide them a street mailing address. I was quality assured by the support representative that they will send my replacement graphic card to my street mailing address. I thought no problem right?

I get an email on 4/27/17 that my replacement graphic card has been shipped without a tracking number and it stated that the address is wrong. Now, I used the chat support again to see what's up with the email. A different chat support representative told me that the replacement graphic card hasn't been shipped and the PO Box mailing address hasn't been updated with the street mailing address. I copied and pasted the chat log from 4/17 to prove that I did notified ASUS to change PO Box to regular street address. The chat support representative told me that the replacement graphic card hasn't been sent yet and the mailing address has been updated. So, at this point this issue should have been resolved.

On 4/28/17, I check the ASUS RMA status and I still don't have the updated information and it doesn't have a tracking number. I again used the chat support to follow up on it. The chat support representative told me that the replacement graphic card has been sent to the PO Box address and I have to talk to courier. The chat support representative told me that he escalated the issue to his supervisor and will have his supervisor email me. At this point, I don't trust any verbal promises so I wanted it in writing in email. Well guess what, I didn't get the email. It's still unresolved.

Now, I don't really have the words for this incompetence of support service.

I don't know understand why it's such an issue to fix it.

MY ADVICE IS STAY FAR AWAY FROM ASUS. HEADING TO GREENER PASTURE OF EVGA.

--------------------------------------------------

Aloha All,

Should I be concerned with Refurbished GTX 980 Strix from Asus RMA? Read on for the history.

I am new to the RMA world and I've used Asus brand exclusively for motherboard products for AMD and Intel platform.

I had to RMA my GTX 980 Strix through UPS and Asus RMA Center based Indianapolis have received it on 4/20/17 with the following:

• Retail Graphic Card Box and its Foam
  • GTX 980 Strix
  • Print out of Amazon Invoice (shipped and sold from Amazon)
  • Print out of the emails authorizing RMA and Service Number
  • Completed RMA form explaining the nature of the graphic card issue (red horizontal lines, can't boot into desktop)

I was told by a nice customer service representative that it would take 5-7 business days after following up with them to see if they have received my rma package.

Today, I decided to follow up on the RMA process with a different customer service rep via chat support. I have conflicting information that may lead me to think that this RMA process could be much longer than 5 to 7 business days.

"I would not be able to provide a time frame at this time as the replacement unit has to be allocated and then tested before being shipped out to you."

I should note that the replacement would be the same model, so it will be refurbished.

Any input is appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Marcello_S
Level 7
fluticasoneuser wrote:
Aloha All,

Should I be concerned with Refurbished GTX 980 Strix from Asus RMA? Read on for the history.

I am new to the RMA world and I've used Asus brand exclusively for motherboard products for AMD and Intel platform.

I had to RMA my GTX 980 Strix through UPS and Asus RMA Center based Indianapolis have received it on 4/20/17 with the following:

• Retail Graphic Card Box and its Foam
  • GTX 980 Strix
  • Print out of Amazon Invoice (shipped and sold from Amazon)
  • Print out of the emails authorizing RMA and Service Number
    [*"] Completed RMA form explaining the nature of the graphic card issue (red horizontal lines, can't boot into desktop)

I was told by a nice customer service representative that it would take 5-7 business days after following up with them to see if they have received my rma package.

Today, I decided to follow up on the RMA process with a different customer service rep via chat support. I have conflicting information that may lead me to think that this RMA process could be much longer than 5 to 7 business days.

"I would not be able to provide a time frame at this time as the replacement unit has to be allocated and then tested before being shipped out to you."

I should note that the replacement would be the same model, so it will be refurbished.

As far as my experience in this case concerne, usually the whole procedure will take about a month or so. I RMA the card through the shop from which I bought it, then the shop sent the card at the ASUS authorized repair workshop which tested the card and verified that was faulty. After that they sent me another card and all this process took a month.

Hope I was of any help.

Best Regards

Eleiyas
Level 10
fluticasoneuser wrote:

The customer service representative was letting you know that it will probably be 5-7 days before someone even receives your package.

fluticasoneuser wrote:

yes, the whole process will be a longer than 5 - 7 days.

those original few days were just for the ASUS centre to receive and key-in your package. After that, the specialized engineer(s) will need to verify/confirm what you are saying and find the original fault (if they can find one).

If everything goes well for you and they confirm the card is faulty, you will be sent a new one -- how long that takes depends on postal services, stock, etc...

I can't really give you a time frame on the whole process as there are a lot of variables to take into account.

All I can say is that it will be longer than a week.

Sneeky
Level 7
i recently RMA a 980 from Scan.co.uk , from collection to delivery nearly 9 weeks 😞
Even scan said ASUS is the slowest one around

I sent my defective GTX 980 Strix to ASUS RMA based in Indianapolis and it arrived there on 4/20/17.

I realized that UPS/or other courier will not return a replacement graphic card to my PO Box address. I used the chat support on 4/17/17 to provide them a street mailing address. I was quality assured by the support representative that they will send my replacement graphic card to my street mailing address. I thought no problem right?

I get an email on 4/27/17 that my replacement graphic card has been shipped without a tracking number and it stated that the address is wrong. Now, I used the chat support again to see what's up with the email. A different chat support representative told me that the replacement graphic card hasn't been shipped and the PO Box mailing address hasn't been updated with the street mailing address. I copied and pasted the chat log from 4/17 to prove that I did notified ASUS to change PO Box to regular street address. The chat support representative told me that the replacement graphic card hasn't been sent yet and the mailing address has been updated. So, at this point this issue should have been resolved.

On 4/28/17, I check the ASUS RMA status and I still don't have the updated information and it doesn't have a tracking number. I again used the chat support to follow up on it. The chat support representative told me that the replacement graphic card has been sent to the PO Box address and I have to talk to courier. The chat support representative told me that he escalated the issue to his supervisor and will have his supervisor email me. At this point, I don't trust any verbal promises so I wanted it in writing in email. Well guess what, I didn't get the email. It's still unresolved.

Now, I don't really have the words for this incompetence of support service.

I don't know understand why it's such an issue to fix it.

MY ADVICE IS STAY FAR AWAY FROM ASUS. HEADING TO GREENER PASTURE OF EVGA.