cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-AVX Stress Test ?

evo2point0
Level 7
Hi guys.

I understand that RealBench Stress Test is useful for OC stability testing. It also seems OCCT is very useful.
However, both RealBench and OCCT use AVX workloads. And in some cases, for people who don't use AVX workload applications, AVX stress test is an overkill.
This is especially true for Broadwell-E CPUs because of AVX negative offset. It's quite common to see Broadwell-E users find OC stabilities on AVX workdload stress tests (RealBench, OCCT etc) with *negative* AVX offset and face instabilities with Non-AVX workload.

Is there any reliable stress test for testing Non-AVX worldloads?
2 REPLIES 2

CODE_MAXIMUS
Level 11
AVX can be removed from both AIDA64 and prime95. In AIDA64 you simply uncheck "stress FPU" and in prime95 it somewhere along the lines of editing a setting in the program.

CODE MAXIMUS wrote:
AVX can be removed from both AIDA64 and prime95. In AIDA64 you simply uncheck "stress FPU" and in prime95 it somewhere along the lines of editing a setting in the program.

Last time I checked, you cannot remove AVX from AIDA64.

Also, Asus recommends not to stress test with Prime95 on Haswell/Broadwell CPUs. I think this is due to extremely high current on CPU from Prime95's unrealistic stress test. With AVX disabled, is Prime95 safe to use then ??