cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Tips To Get Obduction Running Better

GabrielKnight12
Level 7
I have Obduction bought from GOG and I would just like to know if there are any tips to get this game to run better, my system specs are:

CPU - i7 4930K 3.4GHz stock with a turbo of 3.9GHz
CPU cooling - Corsair H110 closed water cooling with 2 Noctua fans
GPU - GTX Titan Black OC edition with stock fan removed and 3x Windforce installed
RAM - Corsair 64GB 8x8 sticks @ 1866MHz
SSD - Samsung 840 PRO 512GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
PSU - Corsair AX1200i
Monitor - Dell U3014 @ 2560 x 1600

Here is some of the things I have tried already, I found by googling to make my own power options in control panel and set them for:

Processor power management - (min and max) 100%
System cooling policy - active

So now when I look at my ROG front base at the front of my pc I can see that the CPU is cruising at 3.9GHz and if I use the one touch overclock on the front base it will be 4.1GHz or second press for 4.2GHz

I am not using XMP profiles for my RAM as they could not be used so I had to have them setup manually and Im not really comfortable to overclock the RAM anyway its 1866 RAM stock so I dont think I can overclock it to anything higher

The Titan came with something called "OC Guru II" Im not sure how to use this but would an overclock make things better? I have read that SLI with 2 video cards does not work with the Obduction engine UE4 is this still correct or is there a workaround?

I can run Obduction at 2560x1600 with most settings at Epic but I like the smoother gameplay without it being so jerky so I turn things down like 2560x1440 and reduce the slider in the game options to reduce the resolution scale from 180 to 103 this helps alot, I have tried running the game in a RAM drive of 30GB but it surprisingly did not make much difference except when going from one side of the dome area to the other side had faster loading time I will test this more as I haven't tried opening a seed yet to test loading speed from one area to another. Other than the things I have said above is there any other things I can try to get better performance?
0 REPLIES 0