cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VM new laptop with very noisy touchpad

Haeggarr
Level 7
Hi, i bought my GL 502VM laptop a few days ago..i'm really happy with it, but from the first minute I recognized the weird touchpad.
If i tap it, it makes a loud clicking tapping noise, and feels, like it is a bit loose.

Do you guys have the same issue, or should i rma it?
it's quiet annoying, even if i tap very soft..the bottom part is worse than the top.

here's a video i recorded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HMG0w0eJwc

cheers
12 REPLIES 12

Reinserev
Level 7
Hi, I also have a GL502VM. My touchpad has a similar issue to yours. However, I barely use it so it's not that big of a deal to me.
Unless you find it to be particularly annoying, I wouldn't RMA it as it's quite a common issue and there's a chance that the replacement unit might also have the same issue.

Alright thanks

Do you also have a lot of backlight bleeding? (not ips glow)
I got three spots, which are quiet annoying as well.

It's just three days old, so I might bring it to the shop this week.

Haeggarr wrote:
Alright thanks

Do you also have a lot of backlight bleeding? (not ips glow)
I got three spots, which are quiet annoying as well.

It's just three days old, so I might bring it to the shop this week.

Yes, unfortunately I also have that. It is quite hard to notice in a well-lit room, but when it's dark or especially under artificial light, it becomes more obvious. It gets more obvious the higher the backlight is set. However, the backlight seems to be pretty strong anyway (at 100% it's much brighter than my Toshiba Radius 15 at 100%) and I don't like it too high since it hurts my eyes; I keep the brightness at 30% or less most of the time, so it's hard for me to notice it anyway.

I noticed that about the touchpad but it turns out you can push down anywhere and it is the same as using the left touchpad button. So I think it is by design.

U2Desire wrote:
I noticed that about the touchpad but it turns out you can push down anywhere and it is the same as using the left touchpad button. So I think it is by design.

I see. Well it makes a similar sound on my Toshiba Satellite Radius 15, too. And you can press just like that, too.

Well, i got a full refund, and bought a Gigabyte p55W v7 (no problems at all)
In my Opinion, a laptop shouldn't have those issues at this price..

Haeggarr wrote:
Well, i got a full refund, and bought a Gigabyte p55W v7 (no problems at all)
In my Opinion, a laptop shouldn't have those issues at this price..

Mine too have similar problem. I tried to complain it in the service center but the outcome is no problem with my laptop. They even let me choose from similar 2 other laptops as to which has little clunking sound then they will swap the pads. Sounds unprofessional handling by ASUS. It is barely a month laptop and under warranty but they are not replacing the pad with a new spare parts. Now I'm in big disappointment.

Eleiyas
Level 10
if you've got a loose touchpad and lightbleeding I would recommend RMA''ing the unit.

It sounds to me like you have unfortunately purchased a faulty unit.

link626
Level 7
don't be disappointed. fix it yourself.

you just need to stick a piece of paper in the gap and the loose clicking goes away