Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by link626 View Post
    don't be disappointed. fix it yourself.

you just need to stick a piece of paper in the gap and the loose clicking goes away
    you just simply accept the issue because you dont know about what is quality. A laptop of this price tag have a clunky touchpad? And you said due to the gap. So it is very clear that asus have some quality problem with regard to their manufacturing. Hence, they should be held acccountable for selling a laptop with a problematic touchpad.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

you can take the hard way, or the easy way.

I have dealt with Asus RMA before, and I never want to deal with that nightmare again, especially for small issues that don't affect usability.
    I'll send it in for dead pixels, dead hardware, that's it.

My time is more valuable than that, and I won't be bothered by a tiny gap I can stuff a paper into.

Go on youtube, and you will see even the Dell XPS 93xx 95xx has the touchpad clunking, with some videos showing how to fix it.

Reality is, the GL series is a budget series, with at best, acceptable build quality. It's not going to be up to Macbook standards.
    Last edited by link626; 08-31-2017 at 09:06 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by link626 View Post
    you can take the hard way, or the easy way.

I have dealt with Asus RMA before, and I never want to deal with that nightmare again, especially for small issues that don't affect usability.
    I'll send it in for dead pixels, dead hardware, that's it.

My time is more valuable than that, and I won't be bothered by a tiny gap I can stuff a paper into.

Go on youtube, and you will see even the Dell XPS 93xx 95xx has the touchpad clunking, with some videos showing how to fix it.

Reality is, the GL series is a budget series, with at best, acceptable build quality. It's not going to be up to Macbook standards.
    This is not a small issue. It is a significant issue since you are always using a clunky touchpad. My point is if there is a quality issues it should be addressed and resolve by ASUS properly. If you said either hard way then so be it. If ASUS wants this issue to reach the govt agency here I will do it. your logic is silly. I'm not complaining this so that it will be a MacBook standard. and this is not a budget series. for a price of 6kaed? Is it a budget for you. If you have nothing good to advice, then shut up. If you don't know about quality manufacturing then shut up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2