Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia 381.89

Nate152
8 REPLIES 8

Sheltem
Level 9
This is the first driver with Win 10 CU support for ASUS notebooks affected by black screen/brightness control issues.

Looking good!

He who invokes history is always secure.
The dead will not rise to witness against him.

You can accuse them of any deeds you like.
Their reply will always be silence.

MacLeod
Level 7
New Driver released today!

GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER

Version: 381.89 WHQL
Release Date: 2017.4.25

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 381.89

The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved
in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this
driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.

 [Sniper Elite 3]: The game crashes. [1880113]
 [Notebook][eDP panel]: Blue-screen (code 3B) occurs followe by the Recovery screen
during software unbundling process. [1900432]
 [GeForce GTX 1060]: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to driver (Nvlddmkm.sys)
after the system reboots from sleep mode. [1814559]
 GPU idling voltage has increased. [1904229]

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...x/117914/en-us
There Can Be Only One!

MacLeod wrote:
New Driver released today!

GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER

Version: 381.89 WHQL
Release Date: 2017.4.25

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 381.89

The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved
in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this
driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.

 [Sniper Elite 3]: The game crashes. [1880113]
 [Notebook][eDP panel]: Blue-screen (code 3B) occurs followe by the Recovery screen
during software unbundling process. [1900432]
 [GeForce GTX 1060]: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to driver (Nvlddmkm.sys)
after the system reboots from sleep mode. [1814559]
 GPU idling voltage has increased. [1904229]

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...x/117914/en-us

To be honest, I think posting a copypasted message in 10 threads is overkill. The message is fine in this thread, as it outlines the major changes/fixes, but was it really absolutely necessary to post it in other 9?

Sheltem wrote:
To be honest, I think posting a copypasted message in 10 threads is overkill. The message is fine in this thread, as it outlines the major changes/fixes, but was it really absolutely necessary to post it in other 9?

Not everyone reads other and/or all threads...and of the threads I shared the info too...it was relevant or will be of help...so Yes.

I'm just trying to be of help to all I can.

I apologize if that bothers you.
There Can Be Only One!

Okay guys, bad news.

Anytime I start a CPU intensive game, the 381.89 driver effectively starts fanning the flames. The whole system heats up in seconds, CPU pushed to 91-94, GPU 80+.
And of course, that causes throttling (CPU) that in turn causes horrible frameskip type stutter.

The fastest way to reproduce is to run SMITE, since it seems to be very CPU intensive, even navigating the starter screen. ME: Andromeda that would be running around the round table in Tempest where you have all the kiosks (buy/sell, r&d, strike teams, avp) and usually Lexi.

Once 378.92 is installed, the temperatures are under control, zero frameskip, no throttling. Looks like I will have to stay with 378.92 for now.

EDIT: I might look into whether defaults changed in relation to vsync/gsync, altough as it happens in ME:A, where you can't "just" render 200+ FPS I doubt that will be fruitful.

Apparently they did change their policy of what happens with driver defaults (gsync on vsync app controlled, so off):
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1005669/geforce-drivers/w10-creators-update-all-games-runni...
I will have to test with manually setting VSync to on in NVCPL, as that might be mandatory in 381.89.

MacLeod
Level 7
Not everyone reads other or all threads...and in those threads...it was relevant...so Yes.
There Can Be Only One!

StoneCold52
Level 7
I appreciate your efforts, and, you're right that we can't always review every thread. I'd rather a little "overkill" than not enough info. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro