cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Z270F Gaming - SupremeFX sound problems

Vanay86
Level 7
Hello ROG community,

a couple weeks back i built a new system with a ROG Strix Z270F Gaming mainboard. The weird problem that I keep having is that the recording device (microphone) picks up and plays sound from my playback device (headset/speakers). When i record my microphone you can clearly hear whatever I am currently listening to on my PC. And people on communication platforms like Skype or Teamspeak have complained about hearing whatever I am listening to. The louder the sound, also the louder the recording. Even when my microphone on the recording device is muted you can clearly hear the playback sound, so it's not picking up the sound from the environment. The problem is stronger when my headphones are plugged in front (through the case) and weaker, but still occur when plugged in rear (directly into the mainboard audio device). I already tried multiple things:

- Tested different drivers: original drivers from ASUS Website (with Sonic Suite and the version without the added software), drivers directly from Realtek.
- Tested on Windows 10 as well as Windows 7.
- Used different headsets and tested headsets on other PCs without any issue.
- Tried plugging out the HD-Audio cable on my mainboard and only using rear input.
- Contacted ASUS support to no avail.
- Had the shop i bought the mainboard from send me a replacement mainboard.

Yet the problem still persists. I am basically at my wit's end as to what to do or what could be causing this problem. I might ultimately have to buy another mainboard. But maybe you guys have an idea.
12 REPLIES 12

Vanay86
Level 7
bump

Yes it is deactivated

Eleiyas
Level 10
Make sure that all your inputs are separated in Realtek.

Make sure stereo mix is disabled or that your mic isn't mixing speaker-output with mic-input.

Make sure everything is up to date

Make sure you have ''headset mode'' or whichever option it may be in the Realtek options selected

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
Make sure that all your inputs are separated in Realtek.

Make sure stereo mix is disabled or that your mic isn't mixing speaker-output with mic-input.

Make sure everything is up to date

Make sure you have ''headset mode'' or whichever option it may be in the Realtek options selected

I tried all of that as well. Still happens.

Deactivated all other devices except for microphone and loud speakers / headset. used headset preset in realtek manager. using current drivers, stereo mix among others is disabled.

Eleiyas
Level 10
Very strange...

The weird problem that I keep having is that the recording device (microphone) picks up and plays sound from my playback device (headset/speakers).

Are you saying you can hear sound coming FROM the microphone?

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
Very strange...

Are you saying you can hear sound coming FROM the microphone?

I can't hear it from the microphone. But other people can hear what i am listening to through voice programs like Skype, Teamspeak, Discord. And when I record my mic i can hear whatever I am listening to at the moment in the recording of my microphone. And it's definitely not picking it up from the environment because you can still hear it when I mute my microphone.

Vanay86 wrote:
I can't hear it from the microphone. But other people can hear what i am listening to through voice programs like Skype, Teamspeak, Discord. And when I record my mic i can hear whatever I am listening to at the moment in the recording of my microphone. And it's definitely not picking it up from the environment because you can still hear it when I mute my microphone.

Have you tried updating to the driver that was released on 4/27, that update seemed to have fixed the same issue i was having on my Z270e mobo.

itsleo112 wrote:
Have you tried updating to the driver that was released on 4/27, that update seemed to have fixed the same issue i was having on my Z270e mobo.

Yeah i installed the latest driver yesterday. Same results. If anything it got worse.