cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will temperature reporting be fixed?

Zatarot
Level 7
Fan Xpert gets keeps spiking the fans because of the off temps. Not good for my fans nor my sanity.
26 REPLIES 26

BaneSilvermoon
Level 7
Try increasing the fan smoothing time in the BIOS. Not a full solution, but it can help quite a bit as a work around, especially if you can find a sweet spot for your setup. After playing with different settings for a while I managed to get my system near silent most of the time, while maintaining a lower average temp when running Prime.

is this problem even acknowledged? Couple of weeks ago contacted ASUS support and got a reply like "We couldn't reproduce the problem, can be a HW problem with your unit".

The fault is on AMD with putting the 25 C offset in for the x models of CPUs.

However it is up to the mobo BIOS teams to implement a counter offset. Looks like ASUS hasn't done that yet.

My cpu is on water and seeing 50 C at idle is really disturbing for me.

I gave up on any form of software fan control long ago... set and forget in the bios and make sure you don't have the fans taking their reading from the CPU if your on a 1700x or 1800x. I have mine on motherboard as it allows a much smoother fan curve and if you use Ryzen master you'll note the temp is really close to that of what your CPU is actually at.

The problem I have with this is strange to say the least.

There are three setting is BIOS:
T Offset
SenseMi Skew
SenseMi Skew Offset

I was playing with these but never been able to get the plausible temperature readings. It was either 20 degrees lower ot 20 degrees higher than expected.
One time I've set SenseMi Skew Offset to 280 (by the way I have no idea what are these values\units) and got the temp very close to what I've been expecting, but it totally bonked reading afterwards, I even got couple of thermal shutdowns before realizing what was the problem.

An bow with new 1106 BIOS these three settings don't have any effect at all 🙂

So, the question is: is there any way to increase the temperature threshold for fans from 75 degrees in Q Fan? Hearing Nh-D15 fans spinning at 1.5k RPM driving me nuts.

I only tried playing around with T Offset, but 1 point over 63 and bios start reporting temp as if it's 20, and 1 point below 63 doesn't make any difference. So it was the same even if I went lower or higher.
I tested my Temps with Rog CPU Z ID doing a stress test, It was almost stable at 55C (Real reading) and showing 75 in AI suite 3. It was moving between 76 and 75C during stress test.

So I just set my T Offset to 100 now, and Setup my fan 5% more then when it was keeping temp stable around those temps. Now it was reading 17C. which is like So that's like 57C in actual temp of CPU. And AI suite was sitting at 42C.
BTW I can understand your pain 😄 I installed Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM to my TT Water 3.0 Extreme S and replaces 3 other fans with those bad boys. When they hit 100% I thought a boing was taking off in next street 😄

So endure that pain 1 more time, and find that sweet spot for your CPU fan speed, and then set it up while leaving a head room for safety.

Kasoi_free wrote:
So, the question is: is there any way to increase the temperature threshold for fans from 75 degrees in Q Fan? Hearing Nh-D15 fans spinning at 1.5k RPM driving me nuts.

I set mine to cap at 85% at like 71 degrees. But then I've got 3k rpm server room noctuas, so 85% is still pretty high. Mine are case intakes too, so I could set the fan smoothing pretty high (255) without it really being much of an issue, because my radiator fans are still ramping up separate from that.

I find that smoothing really helps, even if it's a low setting like 7 - 15 seconds. But of course if the system is staying at high temperatures for a while, it won't make much difference to fan volume.

MrPhil17
Level 7
Can AMD remove this offset with a new AGESA firmware?

I don't have the X version I have 1700 and my temperature's have increased 15 degrees since the 1107 update?:confused: