cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS 1106 is garbage - Don't update unless you don't overclock.

Upgrade01
Level 7
My overclock settings are not sticking. I update my bios, re-entered all my O/C settings, I get a 2x restart but when i re-enter the bios all the correct settings are there but it is not carrying over to windows. In the windows environment everything is back to stock.
16 REPLIES 16

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Seriously wishing I read this before updating. I blindly trusted... when will I learn.

I can get 2666 on mem but processor stubbornly stuck at 3000.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

entropic-remnants wrote:
Seriously wishing I read this before updating. I blindly trusted... when will I learn.

I can get 2666 on mem but processor stubbornly stuck at 3000.

Yeah, I did the same thing. I even said to myself that I was going to wait to see what people saidon't about it. I was super excited when I saw the update thinking they added better memory support that I could finally run my ram at its rated speed. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Upgrade01 wrote:
Yeah, I did the same thing. I even said to myself that I was going to wait to see what people saidon't about it. I was super excited when I saw the update thinking they added better memory support that I could finally run my ram at its rated speed. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Well in the other thread about the update I was told how to do a flashback using the motherboard buttons which I've never done. It worked. I renamed the BIOS I wanted to C6H.CAP on the drive in the flashback port and followed the instructions. They were pretty simple:

• Rename your BIOS of choice to C6H.CAP and put it on the flash drive. Shut down the computer.
  • Turn OFF the power switch on your computer or unplug it from the wall.
  • Now press the BIOS clear button on the back of the motherboard for a couple of seconds.
  • Turn your power supply back on and/or plug it in but DON'T hit the power button and start your computer. Just leave it.
  • Now press and hold the flashback button on the back until the button starts flashing. Give it time (several minutes plus) and it will restore your BIOS.
  • Power on your computer when the button stops flashing, and reload your settings from the flash drive. If you didn't save them, then reenter them in the BIOS.

That's it. Give me no credit on this one I'm a noob to this platform and just followed the instructions as given.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

Flashback is the only way I even change BIOS on these boards.

Or just flash to 1107 instead oh and check overclock.net thread before you flash.. let someone else find out if there is an issue as those guys there are less likely to panic and whine when it goes wrong.

Where do you guys find the beta pages? All the links I see offering the beta builds are linking to file hosting websites like mediafire.

Where do you guys find the beta pages? All the links I see offering the beta builds are linking to file hosting websites like mediafire.

SinartNZ wrote:
Or just flash to 1107 instead oh and check overclock.net thread before you flash.. let someone else find out if there is an issue as those guys there are less likely to panic and whine when it goes wrong.

1107 seems to be working pretty decent, will test some more 🙂
Boot times are about 25seconds, not the fastest but better than it was when I was on 1002 but then again could be a few things I tweak?

SinartNZ wrote:

Oh snap. Did we miss our morning coffee?