cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX Raid DLX - Headphones to control box or direct to sound card

Spoonzie
Level 7
Hi

So I have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 and wondering is there a difference connecting direct to the sound card vs via the Raid control box.

Basically would there be any form of degradation by using the control box?

I have a INWIN 909 case so accessibility to the back of card means pulling a panel off so hoping someone here may know before I go the route of testing myself.

Thanks in advance!!*
2 REPLIES 2

x7007
Level 7
with the Creative ZXR it actually degrading the sound with the box. but with Asus it doesn't happen.

Spoonzie
Level 7
SoundMan wrote:
The long answer:
I cannot believe I'm reading this nonsense, let alone replying to it.

Ummm. Why on Earth would any reputable company sell any product to purposely change the audio through a control box? I know there's some snake oil here and there with their cards but to go that far is ludicrous and beyond stupid. But whatever I've read worse stuff. I'm not trying to be rude or anything here. There should be no degradation of any kind at those frequencies. You're imagining it or thinking it exists when in reality it does not.

Short answer: NO. It's not any different than using a headphone extension cord.

Thanks, but I never said that I believe there to be some form of audio degradation. I was just asking if anyone knows if there was?

The thing that confused me was there user guide. It said for stereo headphones, to be connected directly to the "high quality' amp input to card. Then on the RAID DLX section, said to connect it to the Control Box.

But thank you, you answered my question ultimately 🙂