Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

as said in the other thread (ultimate psu..) I have now removed the old pcie cables you get with the g20, no longer needed.

one little issue (if I can call it so) is that I have horrible emi, not sure how to address this but I have a usb audio interface with amplified studio monitors, I just need to figure out how to fix this as at times the noise is loud especially when benchmarking with 3dmark.
    Last edited by litania72; 05-06-2017 at 11:04 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by litania72 View Post
    as said in the other thread (ultimate psu..) I have now removed the old pcie cables you get with the g20, no longer needed.

one little issue (if I can call it so) is that I have horrible emi, not sure how to address this but I have a usb audio interface with amplified studio monitors, I just need to figure out how to fix this as at times the noise is loud especially when benchmarking with 3dmark.
    Quick update.....090517....

1. I almost sorted all emi noise by using different power plug extensions, so the studio monitors are plugged elsewhere and away from the psu/g20

2. Strangely, when i shut down, the psu seems to keep the system alive....lights are on but no video or else, fan is also on....weird...is it the current from the psu getting to the system mobo? who knows. but for the time being all is sweet, the G20 with a gtx 1080ti is a beast, I can play any of the latest game in 4k at 60fps (I use vsync) however can achieve more than that, but not sure the 4k tv can really show more than 60hz/fps anyway, at least I do not notice any difference apart from the gpu becoming a loud as an helicopter...

...next step is liquid cooling for both CPU/GPU, at present I am looking at the corsair ones, I do not have any experience in home made watecooling kits...dont fancy the risk.

I would have to try to find a mod case which will allow me to look good and neat (I have seen one on google and its ugly mate!), possible creating windows over the case then add plexiglass or fans which fit perfectly inside the case... will add photos soon.
    Last edited by litania72; 05-13-2017 at 09:05 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array a100 PC Specs
    a100 PC Specs
    MotherboardH97 Asus
    ProcessorIntel i7-4790 3.6GHZ
    Memory (part number)16GB
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX980Ti Reference OC`d GPU: +210MHZ - Memory: +300MHZ
    Sound CardOn board
    MonitorBenQ XL2430T Gaming LED Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung Evo Pro 850 512G SSD
    CPU CoolerRog Dual Fan
    CaseG20AJ
    Keyboard Asus
    Mouse Asus
    OS Win 8.1 Core Single Language
    Accessory #1 Logitech G27 Racing Wheel

Hey @litania72 , hows it going?

How is 1080ti is working out for you? all 4k on games? whats the temperature? also does it give you at least 60 fps on cpu/gpu busy games?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by a100 View Post
    Hey @litania72 , hows it going?

How is 1080ti is working out for you? all 4k on games? whats the temperature? also does it give you at least 60 fps on cpu/gpu busy games?
    Hi, sorry for the delay...the fps i get are fab....min 60fps in 4k and this is with the latest games, older ones will give you at times over 100fps, prob is that temps over the founders edition get a bit too high (84c+) and for this reason i got rid of the gpu and awaiting a gtx with liquid cooling (msi) however the price is £899....bit steep...especially when ppl r talking about the intel i9x and threadripper....x299 mobo....love those fockin rgb lights....so at the moment im stalled and waiting....im still using the corsair psu to power the cpu liquid cooling and that gives me full load temps of around 40c even in hot weather....i reccomend this mod but the radiator does not fit inside the g20 without major mod...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2