Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst rma experience all time

fluticasoneuser
Level 7
I don't even know where to start.

Here is the link to the previous post

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92832-RMA-GTX-980-STRIX-TIme-Length&p=646933#post646933

I sent my defective GTX 980 Strix to ASUS RMA based in Indianapolis and it arrived there on 4/20/17.

I realized that UPS/or other courier will not return a replacement graphic card to my PO Box address. I used the chat support on 4/17/17 to provide them a street mailing address. I was quality assured by the support representative that they will send my replacement graphic card to my street mailing address. I thought no problem right?

I get an email on 4/27/17 that my replacement graphic card has been shipped without a tracking number and it stated that the address is wrong. Now, I used the chat support again to see what's up with the email. A different chat support representative told me that the replacement graphic card hasn't been shipped and the PO Box mailing address hasn't been updated with the street mailing address. I copied and pasted the chat log from 4/17 to prove that I did notified ASUS to change PO Box to regular street address. The chat support representative told me that the replacement graphic card hasn't been sent yet and the mailing address has been updated. So, at this point this issue should have been resolved.

On 4/28/17, I check the ASUS RMA status and I still don't have the updated information and it doesn't have a tracking number. I again used the chat support to follow up on it. The chat support representative told me that the replacement graphic card has been sent to the PO Box address and I have to talk to courier. The chat support representative told me that he escalated the issue to his supervisor and will have his supervisor email me. At this point, I don't trust any verbal promises so I wanted it in writing in email. Well guess what, I didn't get the email. It's still unresolved.

Now, I don't really have the words for this incompetence of support service.

I don't know understand why it's such an issue to fix it.

MY ADVICE IS STAY FAR AWAY FROM ASUS. HEADING TO GREENER PASTURE OF EVGA.
4 REPLIES 4

chilinmichael
Level 10
Yep, Asus set my $1700 G20CB down on what seemed like (from the damage) small rocks. They wanted me to lose it for another 2 weeks so they could repair the damage they did. Needless to say, I sit here with a scratched G20CB that I stare at every day, but at least they fixed the bricked bios that happened due to their own update on a very clean install. As much as I love ROG and wouldn't turn elsewhere, their customer support and general support ability (driver updates, etc) is very much lackluster.

I had a Asus Phoebus sound card that they lied and said was Windows 8 compatible, needless to say Metro apps couldn't use this (such as Netflix) because it wasn't certified. They simply didn't want to pay the fees so it didn't pass certification. I reported them to Microsoft for fraudulent statements.
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

Bumping this to keep this thread on top.

4/29/17: Still no email response.

CODE_MAXIMUS
Level 11
fluticasoneuser wrote:

See ya! Their motherboards ROCK!

Bahz
Level 12
fluticasoneuser wrote:
I don't even know where to start.

Here is the link to the previous post

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92832-RMA-GTX-980-STRIX-TIme-Length&p=646933#post646933

I sent my defective GTX 980 Strix to ASUS RMA based in Indianapolis and it arrived there on 4/20/17.

I realized that UPS/or other courier will not return a replacement graphic card to my PO Box address. I used the chat support on 4/17/17 to provide them a street mailing address. I was quality assured by the support representative that they will send my replacement graphic card to my street mailing address. I thought no problem right?

I get an email on 4/27/17 that my replacement graphic card has been shipped without a tracking number and it stated that the address is wrong. Now, I used the chat support again to see what's up with the email. A different chat support representative told me that the replacement graphic card hasn't been shipped and the PO Box mailing address hasn't been updated with the street mailing address. I copied and pasted the chat log from 4/17 to prove that I did notified ASUS to change PO Box to regular street address. The chat support representative told me that the replacement graphic card hasn't been sent yet and the mailing address has been updated. So, at this point this issue should have been resolved.

On 4/28/17, I check the ASUS RMA status and I still don't have the updated information and it doesn't have a tracking number. I again used the chat support to follow up on it. The chat support representative told me that the replacement graphic card has been sent to the PO Box address and I have to talk to courier. The chat support representative told me that he escalated the issue to his supervisor and will have his supervisor email me. At this point, I don't trust any verbal promises so I wanted it in writing in email. Well guess what, I didn't get the email. It's still unresolved.

Now, I don't really have the words for this incompetence of support service.

I don't know understand why it's such an issue to fix it.

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear about the experience you had to go through, if you can please PM with your RMA# and Case ID#s and I'll further escalate this issue and make sure it's resolved for you as soon as possible.

I apologize for all the frustrations and inconveniences caused.

Best Regards,
Bahz