Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by p4spooky View Post
    No problem. I would rather see Asus update the Option Roms on their top of the line board when MSi did it for a reason. I have owned many Asus boards and they are VERY SLOW/NEVER to update Option Roms. I would like to see an official comment from Asus on this.
    I agree, I still cant believe i have to disable ECC mode in "North bridge/memory configuration"everytime i reflash BIOS. I woulda thought by now after all these BIOS updates it would been disabled by default.
    Last edited by JaySee; 01-15-2012 at 10:08 PM.

ROG Member Array

Big thanks to p4spooky for this bios.
    I had a bit better results on UD5 but I can't complain here either.

2x Crucial M4 64GB with latest firmware ( 0309 ) in R0 Read Ahead / Write Back. I don't know why but I had to use ports 2/4 and turn off smart to make it run without errors. It can be something with latest firmware for M4, hard to say. I will check it later.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ssdmd.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	330.0 KB 
ID:	5420

ROG Member Array

WOW! - Great benchmarks scores both Mummy and Woomack

Woomack: Can you confirm the arrary is connected to the ports as below (Port 1&2)

Correct Port#s

1---2---5
    |==|==|==|
    |==|==|==| *|==| - Sata port
    3---4---6

Thanks
    Last edited by p4spooky; 01-16-2012 at 02:59 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

What port you use when you RAID your disck shouldent mutter.
    So you can make 2disk RAID with ports 1 and 6 and dont need to move other to closer port by number.
    I personaly have left 3 port out of use, becorse someone here post that when he had driver in that 3 slot, it was failing some how.
    I dont member how, it was failing. I have RAID on 1&2 and 4,5&6 now both on RAID0.

You are right though those ports are in "wrong" order on board. So if you have many disk in pc and you dont look closely what RAID menu says, you may actually RAID wrong disks!

@Woomack, Do you have any energy saving on for CPU? c1,... it may harm your results.
    Last edited by Mummy; 01-16-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    CPU: AMD FX-8150 MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula DDR3: 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866
    GPU: ASUS 7970 SSD: 4x Corsair F3 120GB @ Raid0 PSU: SF Golden Silent 500W OS: W7 Ultimate 64bit

ROG Member Array

I think I got what was wrong. I updated board BIOS and SSD firmware the same day and later I was testing some other things. Latest firmware for M4 isn't working with backplanes and other stuff like this. With 2 power cables instead of backplane all is working fine.

@Mummy, I had the same issues with power saving options on and off.
    @p4spooky, I noticed how ports are marked when I got this board , it's weird but really your " picture" is right Now I'm testing all ports and everything is working fine with any 2 that I pick. I'm just used to 3/4 because on UD5 with early bioses there were problems to make max bandwidth on 1/2, later they corrected it. On CHV all is working the same on all ports ( at least so far I haven't seen any problems ).

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    hehe you could say ASUS monitors this thread. And I have forwarded the link to the engineers in any case.

Thanks again.
    and thanks to you too for the answer i was after, cheers p4spooky ur a * if it werent for the settings wipe on bios flashing id have allready tried it but as my pc is still sat on its box lid awaiting bits, and ive been preocupied ocing it ive not had the chance. oops

ROG Member Array

Thanks for the updated bios spooky, I have a RAID 0 of 2 Corsair Force GT 240 GB and they are finally preforming as they should It is true you are at risk of losing all the data that was written to cash if you lose power, so if you have sensitive data....use raid 1 without caching! or you can install a backup battery on a external (PCIe) raid controller

Name:	atto_record.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	5479
    Last edited by Danielle; 01-17-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    Thanks for the updated bios spooky, I have a RAID 0 of 2 Corsair Force GT 240 GB and they are finally preforming as they should It is true you are at risk of losing all the data that was written to cash if you lose power, so if you have sensitive data....use raid 1 without caching! or you can install a backup battery on a external (PCIe) raid controller

Name:	atto_record.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	5479
    I cannot follow the massive SATA perf. boost

i´m using 2 x 120 GB Corsair Force GT´s Raid "0"

Bios 1003 (asus stock):

Bios 1102 (asus stock):

Bios 1102 (modded version):

I set Sata to RAID mode in Bios using latest Chipset driver.....

any other settings / ports you guys used ?
    Last edited by n0tiert; 01-19-2012 at 09:43 AM.

ROG Member Array

Dear Spooky!

Your ASUS Crosshair V Formula BIOS 1102 patch is workable, but I have to note the following:

1. If the keyboard is attached through USB2PS2 connector (to USB 2.0 or to USB 3.0 ports - no difference) it is not initialized during wake-up or soft reboot.

2. The keyboard attached through USB2PS2 is initialized only after power-on, or you need to replug it.
    And the original BIOS 1102 correctly does the keyboard initialization attached this way.

I suppose that the point is in ASMEDIA ROM files which are not so necessary to be modified.

Could you provide the patched BIOS 1102 _ONLY_ with RAID ROM replacement (3.2.1540.44 -> 3.3.1540.14)?

Could you, please, provide or recommend the tools and batch-files you use to modify the BIOS, I would modify it myself by your instructions.

The new RAID ROM usage allows: to set 3 caching modes by choice with RAIDExpert, if you use the latest AMD RAID driver 3.3.1540.22 (AMD Chipset Driver 12.1) and fresh AMD RAIDExpert 3.3.1540.12. The 1st caching mode appears the most productive both for reading and writing operations (both for SSD and HDD) -
    Read Cache Status: Read Ahead
    Write Cache Status: Write Back

(Note that these settings are additional ones to cache settings in drivers tree and they do not replace or duplicate them!)

With the latest driver the double reading speed is achieved also in RAID 1 mode (8 MB blocks) for HDDs

So, there is a reason to use 3.3.1540.14 latest RAID BIOS.

Waiting and hope to receive the patched BIOS 1102 for ASUS Crosshair V Formula with RAID module replaced only, and the set of tools (or links) to do it, if possible.

I'd like also to change the RAID BIOS on my second box - ASUS M4A79T-Deluxe on FX790 chipset. The BIOS is not EFI, and the approach to modify it is different. Waiting for your recommendations.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by grnt; 01-28-2012 at 12:54 PM.

ROG Member Array

@grnt: Please check your PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast