cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My RMA experience

anzrak
Level 7
Hi everyone,

Im new to this community but an old user of ASUS ROG. I absolutely love the ROG laptops and I recently bought a new one, the GL753 VD. It was working better than expected but after about a month, the laptop wanted me do an ASUS BIOS update after a windows update and after doing the ASUS update, everything went wrong. The laptop would turn on, keyboard lights, power lights and all. I could even hear the fan *whirring* but there was no display, not even a boot up display. Tried connecting to external display, still nothing.

So I called ASUS Canada, and the guy on the phone was super nice and understanding and gave me RMA within 10 mins of the call. I honestly did not have any idea what an RMA was before this ordeal. But searching online I found a plethora of negative reviews and only a handful of positive reviews. So i became skeptical and held off on shipping the laptop to ASUS. But after two weeks I decided what the hell. Best case scenario I get a fixed laptop, worst case I may have to send it back for another RMA.

I sent the laptop for repairs and in 5 days it was fixed, the fifth day was a friday. On Tuesday morning i got a box from ASUS. Expecting the worst (remembering all the reviews of how people got their products back badly packaged or damaged) I opened the box and I was highly impressed by the care and packaging. The bubble wrap was strong and and tightly wrapped around the laptop with extra bubble pods around the box. I got the laptop out checked it all around, it was exactly the way I sent it. No scratches at all or dings at all. The report read they replaced the complete motherboard. And now the laptop is restored to its former glory.

I am only posting this because of all the negative reviews in which most them would call ASUS every other day to know what is going. I understand we have invested a good chunk of our bank account into buying ASUS product but when it comes to repairs, let them take their time. Rushing a repair will get you a back a faulty product. My skepticism of ASUS repairs have changed into complete faith in them. Good job ASUS and thank you for taking care of your customers. 😄
13 REPLIES 13

Nate152
Hi anzrak

Welcome to the ROG forum !

Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your RMA experience, if I ever have to RMA anything to ASUS your post gives me confidence and good faith in them too. 🙂

Nate152 wrote:
Hi anzrak

Welcome to the ROG forum !

Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your RMA experience, if I ever have to RMA anything to ASUS your post gives me confidence and good faith in them too. 🙂

You're very welcome. Yeah if you ever have to do an RMA (i really hope you dont ever have to) trust in them and let them do their thing. Your product will be in good hands.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Thanks for posting what the real norm is.
Unfortunately very few people bother to post with positive experiences and most of the negative reviews are a bit over embellished.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Vialli
Level 7
My RMA was simple, Asus tech support were very fast replying to my emails and I had my new board in 1 week...

Matthew at Asus UK was great to deal with...

My reseller paid for the return post, tested it the day it arrived and sent a new one the day after...

Heini
Level 11
A neighbor/buddy and I have built or worked on many machines, any RMA experiences we've had with ASUS have gone very well. Only one other company has a 100% RMA rating with us.

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Heini !

I bet that would be EVGA. 🙂

Hi Nate, You'd win that bet!

UltraNEO_
Level 11
Sweet glad someone had a good experience with Asus.
Fortunately I've never had to deal with them myself, even though several of my boards found themselves in the dishwasher. lol

There's something about the soap-powder washes away it's bugs. :rolleyes:
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

UltraNEO* wrote:
Sweet glad someone had a good experience with Asus.
Fortunately I've never had to deal with them myself, even though several of my boards found themselves in the dishwasher. lol

There's something about the soap-powder washes away it's bugs. :rolleyes:

Hahaha, there's a hint of a troll in your comment 😛