cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xonar Phoebus - Dolby Digital Live not working Windows 10

Saheeb_j
Level 7
Once again after a major windows update Dolby is broken. You guys claim it's microsoft and it's not. Is dolby ever going to work again? or should I sell this card on ebay? because it's just collecting dust. The driver updates for the phoebus has been nothing but a huge joke for the past year+. This card has a dolby badge on it yet no support for it.

I have an old Creative Sound Blaster x-fi Titanium released in september 2008''. This card is 8 years old and dolby works on it. Throughout all windows 10 insider preview versions with drivers from December 2015. Have a look for yourself.
22 REPLIES 22

Kenny78
Level 7
just got the same issue, frustrating

Kenny78
Level 7
so i just found out, it's due to the win 10 creators update.

some fellas tried with Windows Insider Preview Build: 16193 and DDL is working and all.

now just have to wait for a win10 update or can tryout the insider biould if u can access.

Kenny78 wrote:
so i just found out, it's due to the win 10 creators update.

some fellas tried with Windows Insider Preview Build: 16193 and DDL is working and all.

now just have to wait for a win10 update or can tryout the insider biould if u can access.

Ok, so I just installed Windows Insider Preview Build: 16199 that just released 12hrs ago. I reinstalled the phoebus into my machine for one last try. I can confirm DDL is working again at last. How long until it mysteriously breaks again is the question..... This has to do with a licensing issue with ASUS and dolby or something. It ain't microsoft. Because How is a card that's 8 and half years old from creative have DDL working this whole time while asus has problems?

Saheeb j wrote:
Ok, so I just installed Windows Insider Preview Build: 16199 that just released 12hrs ago. I reinstalled the phoebus into my machine for one last try. I can confirm DDL is working again at last. How long until it mysteriously breaks again is the question..... This has to do with a licensing issue with ASUS and dolby or something. It ain't microsoft. Because How is a card that's 8 and half years old from creative have DDL working this whole time while asus has problems?

how to u install the insider build? r u in the insider program?

yes I'm participating in the windows insider program. (Fast Ring) I knew the Phoebus was broken before the creators update even happened. Because I had previews of the Creators update.

Saheeb j wrote:
yes I'm participating in the windows insider program. (Fast Ring) I knew the Phoebus was broken before the creators update even happened. Because I had previews of the Creators update.

ah ok.

oh well, i'll just wait for the official windows update then.

thanks!

SoundMan
Level 7
The funny thing is that it really was Microsoft's fault this time. 😄

bct25
Level 7
The fix (from Microsoft) is out to the "User" version (not insider) of the Creator's Update 😉
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4020102/windows-10-update-kb4020102

I do not have it installed (rolled back to Anniversary Update because of this issue), so if anyone tries it, let us know!

The new update made DDL work for me on my Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus! 🙂 Didnt even have to reinstall the drivers.