cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pxe-e05

LegenDSlayeR
Level 7
Hi I have just recently installed 2 NVidia GTX 1080's. now after this I now seem to be getting an error. PXE-E05 The LAN Adapters NVM Configuration is Corrupted. I don't see how installing 2 cards could do this. I also cant seem to into the bios 2 error code 00. ive tried bios flash back using USB still wont have it. also force 1 to 2 and same thing. I was wondering if anyone can help as I'm running out of ideas on what to do next.

Motherboard = Maximus VIII Extreme

Thanks

Jamie
8 REPLIES 8

LegenDSlayeR
Level 7
this is what i get 64346

Nate152
Hi LegenDSlayeR

Try the 1080's separately to rule out a faulty gpu.

If they both test ok the next thing I will ask is what psu do you have ? Please list your complete pc specs.

As for the bios flashback is the update successful ? Meaning does the light on the button get faster during the update and does it take about 90 seconds to complete ?

LegenDSlayeR
Level 7
Hi Natel

I have tried both 1080's separately they work fine, (put them in different pc).
Maximus VIII Extreme (MB)
xfx pro1050w (PSU)
Vengeance LPX ddr4 16gb 3000mhz
2 Nvidia GTX1080's
i7 CPU
the LED does get faster but takes longer than 90 seconds but once done the code is still the same Qcode 00 bios 1 boots up fine but on board LAN corrupt ive also tried copy bios1 to bios 2 and still nothing

Nate152
Thank you

Have you tried claering the cmos ?

Are things back to normal with just one gpu installed ?

How does it go with one gpu installed in the 2nd pcie x16 slot ?

LegenDSlayeR
Level 7
I have tried clearing the cmos and nothing. I have also tried gpu in 2nd and 3rd slot. still the same error. its not the CPU as it works fine for Bios 1. so I don't know if bios 2 has been bricked ? but cant see how that would happen just installing cards. I have also put my old GPU back in to see. and that's the same to.

Nate152
So let's recap a little bit, are you saying you get code 00 with what's displayed in the screenshot of your first post with two gpu's installed but works fine with one gpu in the first pcie x16 slot?

Since both gpu's check out ok in another pc this is looking like a motherboard problem.

That screenshot is what i get on bios1 bios 2 doesnt even post. so i didnt know it this error had anything to do with bios 2 not working. its bugging my as ive tried everything.

So if its a motherboard issuse what is the next step ??

Nate152