Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Member Array

Hi! i was trying to undervolt with xtu. under system information i found written that graphic ram is 4GB instead of 6 (nvidia 1060 gl502vmk), is it normal?
    also shouldn't watchdog be active?
    it says:
    watchdog present: supported
    running at boot: false
    failef: false

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by mastropippo View Post
    Hi! i was trying to undervolt with xtu. under system information i found written that graphic ram is 4GB instead of 6 (nvidia 1060 gl502vmk), is it normal?

also shouldn't watchdog be active?
    it says:
    watchdog present: supported
    running at boot: false
    failef: false
    No, there must be an error.
    The NVidia GTX 1060 has two versions: 3GB or 6GB of VRAM.
    The unit in the GL502VM and GL502VMK has the version with 6GB of VRAM.

I am not sure about watchdog.
    But, an error is not detected.
    Not running at boot, can mean it runs after Windows start, and not exactly at BIOS boot process.

But this is a technical thing I do not know enough about.
    Help me find that information, and I can tell you what mine unit says.

ROG Member Array

when i open xtu i get a first page with all the system infos. it's the first entry in the menu on the left.
    thank you for your help!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Mine is pretty similar.

The run at boot is "False" because I disabled Intel XTU to run alongside Windows boot process.

The difference being that It shows "Failed" because my computer shut down right after my last test.

Direct Link: https://s25.postimg.org/eekhzrva7/Intel_XTU.png

This watchdog is the one responsible for watching for the CPU (and overall system) while Intel XTU is running.
    In other words, after you change something in the system (e.g. offset voltage), you run some tests (e.g. Benchmarking or a CPU Stress test). This watchdog is responsible for saving the last know state of the laptop and see if the system keeps running.
    If, for some reason, the laptop shuts down, in the next run of the Intel XTU, it will tel you that an unexpected error occurred and that Intel XTU exited unexpectedly.

Simple as that.
    Nothing to worry.

New ROGer Array

Hi, thanks for the guide,

I was just wondering if i need to apply the settings everytime i restart my computer for the CPU (used intel method) and GPU (MSI afteburner)

Thanks

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by marceloh View Post
    This profile is actually 5 profiles.
    Choose the one that fits your needs and hit Apply, through the check mark on the center.

In MSI Afterburner, on the right side, you will find buttons to each profile.
    Profile 1 is the less undervolted, while 5 is the most unvervolted.

In high demanding situation, the GPU can need more voltage, thus you should switch from 5 to 4 and test. If 4 does not work, jump to 3, and so on...
    You should have in mind that jumping from 5 to 4, to 3 or to 1 will increase the heat generation.

In my country it is Summer time, so, the room temperature is high, so, I have to be less demanding with my laptop.
    Winter time is more gaming laptop friendly
    Once I've selected a profile, how should I go about "testing" for performance/stability? Aside from actually playing a demanding game, is there any benchmarking/stress-testing tool I can use?

Thanks!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4