Storage #2Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U14S
    CaseFractal Design Meshify
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 550 G3
    Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS Pro
    Mouse Kingston HyperX Pulsefire
    Mouse Pad Kingston HyperX
    OS Slackware 14.2 x64 & Windows 10 x64

Let me back up here, because I don't want anyone to misunderstand what I'm trying to point out.

I'm certainly not suggesting to throw out ATX that is foolish, there is a big need for it still, because technology doesn't allow us to build smaller yet at ATX level, but it will some day.

For now I'm only suggesting bumping up the micro-atx market, because there is a need for it, there should already be more choices.

There is a need for it, because many people don't use a lot of hardware that an ATX has the capability of doing so with.

Many gamers only game on one video card, use onboard sound, and one or two hard drives, and that's it.

I single graphics card like a 1080, with an SSD is still pretty serious gaming.

Maybe if anyone misunderstood, I was saying that one day it will grow more, especially when the technology catches up and allows a lot more happening at the smaller form factor level, but even now a micro-atx board comes pretty packed, take a look at the ROG STRIX Z270G, that is a pretty serious micro board...

All I'm saying, is we need more micro choices for now...
    Last edited by SlackROG; 08-03-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Oh, we understood perfectly. Our sales figures don't show the demand for more models yet. Even if we changed things up, the overall volume is still too low to devote lots of resource to something that's been exiled for some time due to the excitement mini-ITX creates. Even there, great for PR, but the sales volumes are so-so.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array SlackROG PC Specs
    SlackROG PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2133 C13
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1060 06G-P4-6262-KR
    Sound CardMotherboard - Onboard
    MonitorMSI Optix G24C
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro SSD 128GB
    Storage #2Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U14S
    CaseFractal Design Meshify
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 550 G3
    Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS Pro
    Mouse Kingston HyperX Pulsefire
    Mouse Pad Kingston HyperX
    OS Slackware 14.2 x64 & Windows 10 x64

I'm certainly not on the inside of the Asus business world to actually know the statistics, but it would certainly be interesting to know what they are, as far as how much hardware the average gamer uses on an ATX board.

But I speak as a Professional IT Tech that has been around this business for many years, and I've never seen the majority take full advantage of the ATX world, I only see this as the minority, the hardcore enthusiasts, and I don't see the hardcore enthusiasts as the majority market place either...

On my own personal and professional level as an IT Tech, I can tell you that the marketing has always been geared towards ATX, as well as the mentality, so I get the feeling it's why we still see it dominate the market, because we all know that there are gamers who are on a budget, or new to pc gaming, who are not building up a lot of hardware on these boards.

Also when you consider the inexperienced consumer market, when people like this go looking online, the first search results are always ATX, and I'd imagine many of these people are only under the assumption that this is the hardware, the only hardware to choose, and are not even aware that there is such a thing as micro or mini.

The marketing and mentality is ATX, that is a fact, so how do you expect there to be a need, when there is going to be a big audience of consumers who don't know otherwise.

I'd love to see Asus run a big campaign on motherboards to get world wide feedback in regards to all of this, to show us what the numbers are really telling?

Are we really saying the majority are running i7, SLI, or Crossfire, top-end cards, top end sound cards also, and then 1-2 SSD, and a M.2, pretty much filling up all the hardware slots on a board? I don't see this as the majority, I see that as the minority...

Anyhow, without an actual feedback campagin to collect data you'll never know.

You can't simply say because of the sales of ATX we don't see the demand, because as I've stated, you see the demand that way, because it's the way gaming is marketed.

Go online and research PC Gaming and it's an ATX world you see, that's why sales are the way they are, and then, those of less experience, who don't know any better, make uneducated purchases believing more is better, and buy into the ATX hype, never to fully take advantage of these boards, because they think they need all this to have a better gaming experience, that these are the real gaming boards...

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by SlackROG View Post
    I'm certainly not on the inside of the Asus business world to actually know the statistics, but it would certainly be interesting to know what they are, as far as how much hardware the average gamer uses on an ATX board.

But I speak as a Professional IT Tech that has been around this business for many years, and I've never seen the majority take full advantage of the ATX world, I only see this as the minority, the hardcore enthusiasts, and I don't see the hardcore enthusiasts as the majority market place either...

On my own personal and professional level as an IT Tech, I can tell you that the marketing has always been geared towards ATX, as well as the mentality, so I get the feeling it's why we still see it dominate the market, because we all know that there are gamers who are on a budget, or new to pc gaming, who are not building up a lot of hardware on these boards.

Also when you consider the inexperienced consumer market, when people like this go looking online, the first search results are always ATX, and I'd imagine many of these people are only under the assumption that this is the hardware, the only hardware to choose, and are not even aware that there is such a thing as micro or mini.

The marketing and mentality is ATX, that is a fact, so how do you expect there to be a need, when there is going to be a big audience of consumers who don't know otherwise.

I'd love to see Asus run a big campaign on motherboards to get world wide feedback in regards to all of this, to show us what the numbers are really telling?

Are we really saying the majority are running i7, SLI, or Crossfire, top-end cards, top end sound cards also, and then 1-2 SSD, and a M.2, pretty much filling up all the hardware slots on a board? I don't see this as the majority, I see that as the minority...

You can't simply say because of the sales of ATX we don't see the demand, because as I've stated, you see the demand that way, because it's the way gaming is marketed.

Go online and research PC Gaming and it's an ATX world you see, that's why sales are the way they are, and then, those of less experience, who don't know any better, make uneducated purchases believing more is better, and buy into the ATX hype, never to fully take advantage of these boards, because they think they need all this to have a better gaming experience, that these are the real gaming boards...
    I don't think it's possible to share sales numbers as those numbers are confidential. I understand where you're coming from and I totally agree with what you're saying but we aren't the only MB manufacturer and other manufacturers have tried offering more mATX boards and the reality is that they aren't as in demand as we all believe. If it was the case then other manufacturers would be attacking that space and it would force the rest of the market to follow, however for now we haven't seen this happen yet. I believe for the eventual future, we're going to continue to move towards the smaller form factors as technology improves, everyone wants the same technology and features in a smaller package. We appreciate the feedback and of course if enough people provide feedback that they want to see more mATX boards then I'm sure the company will oblige, however before there's an overwhelming number of people requesting for it, we can only base our efforts on sales numbers and focus our resources to produce products to meet the market demands of our customers.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Thomas extreme gamer PC Specs
    Thomas extreme gamer PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel Core™ i9-9900K
    Memory (part number)32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
    Graphics Card #1GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Cardon board
    MonitorROG PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 1TB 970 PRO
    CPU CoolerROG RYUJIN 360 6x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM
    CaseView 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition 6x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W
    Keyboard ROG Horus GK2000 RGB
    Mouse ROG Sica
    Mouse Pad ROG Scabbard
    OS Windows 10 pro 64 bit (1903)
    Accessory #1 custom built pc from AVADirect

Asus should have a way to go back to previous bios via the internet in case case the current bios has bugs or stability issues until next bios update.

Quote Originally Posted by SlackROG View Post

We have plenty of feedback and market research, plus raw sales data. It's enough for now.

Memory (part number)32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
    Sound Cardon board
    MonitorROG PG279Q
    Mouse ROG Sica
    Mouse Pad ROG Scabbard

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas extreme gamer View Post
    Asus should have a way to go back to previous bios via the internet in case case the current bios has bugs or stability issues until next bios update.
    Asus should also make a bios recovery in case internet or pc shutdowns during bios update.

Asus should also make a bios recovery in case internet or pc shutdowns during bios update.
    ROG BIOS Flashback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVvHwq3syqI&t=112s

Sound Cardon board
    MonitorROG PG279Q
    Mouse ROG Sica
    Mouse Pad ROG Scabbard

Asus ROG should make gpus with aio coolers for lower temperatures and higher overclocks. They should make a 1080ti strix oc with an aio cooler.
    Last edited by Thomas extreme gamer; 08-06-2017 at 05:30 AM.

Asus ROG should make gpus with aio coolers for lower temperatures and higher overclocks. They should make a 1080ti strix oc with an aio cooler.

Needs good chassis to make it worthwhile. Currently the Vega cards will have this stuff by default. Whether we take it further remains to be seen.

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast